General Hospital September 2021 Discussion Thread

• Replies 488
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I know it’s a soap but Could jax have bot texted Maxie instead???

Please register in order to view this content

and maxie sees jax calling her 47 tines and sits there and wonders “I wOndEr wHy hE wAs caLLINg mE”! Literally Jax could have called someone else or sent out a mass text. Furthermore, as someone mentioned “Mike” did absolutely nothing to attempt to regain his memory bit seems to wholly blame Nina.One quick social media post and “Mike” would have been most likely recognized as Sonny easily.

• Members

That line about now that he has a memory back they can be together without lies that comes off as SO pathetic with Watros would probably have been manic and jokey with Stafford.
Even giving her benefit of the doubt she might have pleasantly surprised us (she has had moments in her career after all) I am glad Cynthia is in the role for this storyline.

• Members

9-9

Please register in order to view this content

You know what? I'm sorry, but I can't.

That kiss was EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW.

And perhaps this is my history and my memories of SJB Carly speaking, but no. HELL NO. 

Now I will give credit where it's due because I love that the writers acknowledged Jake's and tackled the elephant in the room with this Jason/Carly scene. I don't even think in all the time that I've been an on and off viewer that Jason and Carly have gotten into this conversation with some honesty, sincerity, and intimacy. About their beginning. About their feelings. It made me miss SJB for sure. So +1. 

That said...HOWEVER given the way Carly treated Robin, Liz, Sam, and anyone who looked at Jason funny to see her basically win after decades of sabotaging those relationships...yeah...*shakes head* no, bitca. And while I liked the scenes and who wrote them, my LOGICAL (not emotional which is clearly the above) mind is saying the writers are doing what a lot of people discussed here over the last few months. You cannot have Sonny just come back...with memory or without memory...and it just be Carly and Jason separate. They have to have feelings for each other so this is the right kind of messy. And that is what this scene was. A plot point. A well-written plot point, but a plot point all the same. Raising the stakes. 

Still...I could vomit. And...I wanted Jason with Britt darn it!!! lol. 

• Members

I’m so impressed by all the teens in real life. I’m not used to my soap teen actors balancing college with their shooting schedules (and somehow Eden will also be playing varsity volleyball?) and I love that they’re embracing the college experience. I hope they’re able to juggle it all because the teen storylines have the most potential for me personally. 

And speaking of the teen scene and colleges - Nick Chavez posted a pic at UCLA in his Insta stories. I love that he’s bonding with this cast mates. 

Edited by Nixor

• Members

I actually thought Sonny’s reaction was true to him.  I can’t wait to see what complications arise from all this.  Especially with Nina.  Watros has done the unimaginable- she made Nina interesting without going full Annie.  I still hope we get that down the road though…

• Members

I notice that Watros seems to be intentionally playing against the literal writing and character-type (or what exists of such a poorly defined character). I think that's gone a long way in making this character digestible and even somewhat sympathetic (which she still often was as Annie even when the writing was stacked against her). That's the skill of a talented actress. 

Edited by BetterForgotten

• Members

smdh that Howarth has been on this show long enough and had enough different characters that he's gone from having a elder/junior relationship with the much younger Kirsten Storms on the show when he started to being chemistry tested with her now that she too has most definitely gone through it IRL