General Hospital September 2021 Discussion Thread

• Replies 488
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

It can't be that they rushed the end of the story because of the poor response to Jarly because the show is taped, what?, six weeks in advance?
And they were not trying to sell us Jarly as real six weeks ago (which is another thing that is appalling about the way this is being wrapped up).
I don't know what the story is behind the obvious interference and what Frank V's motives would be but this is completely irrational. 

Besides I don't see how the audience hating Jarly justifies not giving us proper dramatics when Sonny comes home even if they decided to not have them have sex. There was plenty of conflict and complications to be had even without the "Are Jarly in love" aspect. We were speculating about it long before they tried to tell us these two were developing feelings for each other. Just Sonny thinking they might have would be enough

Edited by FrenchBug82

• Members

Can't wait for Carly and Nina to 'face off'. Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. 

It's all so odd. It's like Frank is trying to cater all the bases and we end up with no drama. That's definitely simplifying things but still. Just how it comes across. 

And as you said, the selling of Jarly started late in the game and was rushed, without any real conflict. Yet, this coupling and the drama surrounding them and Sonny returning writes itself. So ....

It's all so odd. And such a letdown.

Edited by KMan101

• Members

Am I the only one thinking things might've been rushed due to Steve Burton's COVID exposure? And that pushed them to change direction a bit? Don't know. Just my hunch.
The reveal today was... lackluster. It should've been Sonny walking in on Carly & Jason having sex, and then possibly turning to Nina in a moment of hurt.
I honestly did not miss Sonny and do believe he should've stayed killed off, sans the Mike storyline.

As for the current regime... I like those working, and wouldn't want a change.

Edited by Liberty City

• Members

9-10

Ewwwwww to them showing this kiss again. I just can't.

Love the reveal toward Sonny. I knew that sauce would come back into play and I loved how Jax sloooowwwly got to the truth. And CW just gave a masterclass as  Nina defended her actions. And I saw so much old Annie in that. Yes, I know Nina was wrong, but CW played against the material and it was flawless awesome because of it.

Can we keep Ms. Wu? Just saying.

I continue to enjoy Maxie and Brooklyn as the Scheme Team. Funny and still keeping it real. But Austin  being tied in as a potential romance. Ugh. 

It's been a few days, but I love the introduction of Victor Cassandine and wonder how he will tie into everything.

• Members

Seems like the change came when Jarly began feeling it so the turn around would have been pretty quick.  I believe they axed Jason/Britt and moved the non drama to Jarly/Sonny.  Sonny was not due back in PC until November according to the rumors I heard but NF was a colossal fail so it had to be wrapped up.  

Two eppies were dedicated to Jarly's resurfaced feelings.  That was a huge clue right there.

Edited by ChitHappens

• Members

My assumption until now was they suspended it - which was short-sighted considering how much it killed the great momentum - so that they could tell the Sonny vs Jarly story properly and would revisit it later but in my disappointment of today I am starting to wonder if they did not actually just purely and simply dropped it.
And considering how enthusiastic the public response was, if they did, the question is which behind-the-scenes personality had a hand in that. We have Frank V as a suspect but that wouldn't be the first time SB dictated who he did or didn't want to be paired with and/or changed his mind.
I am beyond cynical today but looks like this nest of vipers mess goes way beyond the vaccine debate.

• Members

Yeah... I feel cheated.

I had no problem with Sonny’s amnesia/Nixon Falls and how long it was taking. Considering the way GH has needlessly dragged some things out, this was nothing. 

Clearly there was interference again and I don’t know how anybody, fans or production people, could want this. Frank and the stans are a lot dumber then I thought they were.

I’d like to see what Dan and Chris could do if they ever finally got out from under Frank’s thumb. 

Edited by AbcNbc247