General Hospital September 2021 Discussion Thread

• Replies 488
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Hasn't Kristina been a bartender for awhile now? I think she dropped out of college. Not that we ever see her, so it's hard to remember what's going on. Julian gave her a job there at some point, I think at the beginning of Mike's Alzheimer's story, because I remember Mike really liked going there. I think her working at Charlie's is how she ended up meeting the people from Dawn of Day?

Please register in order to view this content

Can we get rid of him and give his airtime to Kristina?

• Members

Yeah, I think she's been a bartender for awhile, but I never knew why she started or why she continues to be a bartender 3 years later.  Not knocking bartenders-they make a lot, but you would think at some point she would have transitioned over to being a lawyer or something.   Kristina continues to be the most stagnant character that has so many possibilities.  Give her even 20% of Michael's airtime and she'd be more interesting than all the Millow we see.

• Members

The ONLY reunion that worked for me was Dante's.... Michael is not Sonny's child, nor is Josslyn. Kristina has been a non-existent entity so her inclusion felt propped. Carly? Meh. Jason? Acted more like the widow Corinthos than the actual widow Corinthos did.
The non-reunion parts of the episode worked. Phyllis wasn't buying Nina's bullshit and when she mentioned Lenny, Phyllis' face said: "B!tch. Don't mention my husband."

• Members

But Facebook loved it!!! 

I give up on soap social media. They just don't want to get how interference works. Sure the writers have some blame, but Frank must be loving the stans coming to his defense and blaming the writers for everything. I notice it's the Jason/Sam and Franco/Friz stans. They just don't seem to get it. Newsflash stans: 2014-2018 wasn't good either.

• Members

As someone that is adopted, I find it offensive when people use the phrase, not so and so's real child.  I guess by that statement, I shouldn't be happy and relieved if there were a crash, I was waiting at the hospital for news, and my parents came in; okay.  (As far as Wallow is concerned, she never should have lasted past Dawn of Duh, so her adopting Wiley is just more #firefrank propping Sobbbrina      Wallow.)

While not a big Corinthos family fan, it makes perfect sense that Michael and Joss who spent most of her time growing up around Sonny. As for Kristina, I can't think off the top of my head  of scenes outside of Alexis, Molly or Sam in a LONG time. Definitely a bone thrown there.

I think I would feel worse for Carly or Jason if he hadn't only admitted loving her three episodes before the wedding. If I had seen his demeanor changing or they had the relationship evolving would be one thing, but it was just, "Hey, we're getting married in two hours (days) I guess I do love you even if I pined for Britt up til yesterday."

Off to watch today's episode

Edited by slick jones

• Members

A lot of people seemed to complain about Kristina being missing in Sonny’s life like when he was presumed dead and when Mike died and if she had not reconciled on screen like his other adult kids that would have been glaring as Kristina lives in Port Charles. 

• Members

Ron C on DAYS rushes past all the suspense to get to the climaxes and twists, and the GH writers play all the beats and then can’t stick the landing, so all their suspense and building falls flat.  I wish anyone in these shows could still get it right- the build when done properly and then an actual climax drives up ratings you fools!  It has on every soap I ever watched!

• Members

I wanted to recommend this guy's daily recaps on YT.  I appreciate that they are short, pithy, filled with amusing asides about character motives, avoidant of spoilers, and not biased based on backstage drama.  He makes me smile everyday since his videos were recommended on my homepage and I would encourage any fan to give them a try.

• Members

Chase is too nice to Willow and Michael.  We had to sit through Lucky spewing awful things to Liz after the affair with Nikolas, and these two just get off and get to live happily ever after?  Nope.  Bring on the drama!  Stop being afraid of being a soap!

Edited by titan1978

• Members

Chase taking a darker turn, at least for a little while, would've been the shot in the arm that this storyline needed. Instead, we get a bs arc with pain in the ass Austin which ultimately resulted in nothing. I don't get how any producer or writer or fan would want it like this. 

And then after he's done raising hell for Willow and Michael, you have Brook Lynn to bring him back to his normal self, and have them finally become a couple.

Edited by AbcNbc247