General Hospital September 2021 Discussion Thread

• Members

I believe that is the happiest Spencer has been since he's came back, (and I'm even factoring in his scenes with Trina). He was so happy he literally forgot about his anger for Ava, yet Esme was telling him not to be happy about his Uncle being alive. She is something else, lol. 

I hope that Phyllis comes to PC as well. I liked how Sonny said he would have helped her and Lenny out financially if he had remembered who he as soon enough. He really does love them/her. I think she could continue to be a good friend to him and could get through to him when he needs it at times. 

Edited by xtr

• Replies 488
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

A few weeks ago, she referred to Kiki as Lauren (her birth name) which no one but Ava and I think Franco used to do.
That's a huge hint she is connected to Ava and/or the Jeromes in some ways if she knows Kiki as Lauren.
But then again, cynicism alert, considering the pace at which the things they had spent the spring and summer establishing are dropped, who knows if they will go further with that angle.

• Administrator

The setup was there for Sonny to walk in on Carly/Jason in bed and they don’t pull the trigger!!?? The climax of this story was a total disappointment.  I was on board with almost everything from the beginning of this Sonny-is-dead/he’s in Nixon Falls story, and loved how it was going to be a long time before he would return to PC.  It was a classic soap story where there would be a huge anticipation to a big climax.  But instead we got no drama at all.  

Carly/Jason don’t work as a couple either because we never saw them fall in love with each other, so there’s no real high stakes when Sonny returned.  This isn’t like Roman/Marlena/John at all because that triangle had real feelings.  Now we’re going to watch Carly and Jason hide their “feelings” they each other? 

I too feel like something changed behind the scenes, like this wasn’t the planned ending because this Jason/Carly being in love for real just came out of nowhere.  

• Members

It's really amazing how they've managed to mess up every story beat with Jason/Carly/Sonny. One thing that bugged me this week was that they finally had Kristina on and voicing opposition to the wedding AFTER Jarly got married. Where the heck was Kristina during this entire engagement? It would've been great to have literally just one person in Port Charles not supporting the wedding and being like, hey, this kind of feels like a betrayal to Sonny. But nope. They only trot Kristina out for one episode for the reunion scenes.

I will say that I liked Sonny having a flashback to Mike kissing Nina. I'm not even into the two of them together, but Sonny still having some of Mike's feelings for Nina is at least soapy. This is a far more interesting beat to play than Jason and Carly trying to deal with their insta-love that developed off-screen and hours before the wedding. That drama feels so forced. We at least saw "Mike" and Nina's connection develop over several months, so it's more believable. Imagine Carly finding out that Sonny was in love with Nina in Nixon Falls and that he can't shake some of his feelings for her even though he has his memory back now. I'd much rather see that than Sonny getting angry that Jarly decided to try for a real marriage hours before the wedding.

Edited by AlexElizabeth

• Members

I haven't even started Wedding Week fully yet and I'm already dreading it what quick glances I've taken in here.

That said...does anyone know if perhaps the change in tone could be done to when Steve Burton got CoVid so the change in direction in that storyline?

• Members

I wish the show would stop trying to make Liz and Finn happen. I'm not seeing any chemistry here, besides maybe sibling chemistry. Why does Liz always have to carry these washed up dudes on her back? She should have a younger man breaking her back instead. I'm only interested in Liz/Finn if it means she ends up spending more time with Chase, who is desperate to put his newfound mobility to good use and stop acting like a monk now that his doctor has given him the all clear.

Please register in order to view this content

She didn't get a hot girl summer so at least let her have a "Fill me up Fall." Chase should be dicking someone down on the daily, but instead he's stuck hearing about Finn's almost kiss.

Maxie acting all weird about how she heard about Sonny being alive. Why didn't she just say that Britt told her?

Wes Ramsey is on... why? Wasn't Peter shot? Why wasn't he hurt today???