General Hospital September 2021 Discussion Thread

• Members

I feel like the Nina/Carly scenes were solid overall, but felt just a little anemic due to lack of physical altercation, lol. In a situation like this it would make sense if Carly slapped Nina.

I agree, they've haven't told us enough about Esme. Like who is she really after? She's interacted with Kevin, hates Ava, and is also circling around Joss. Who is she really after? They could also give us more insight into her motivations, like what's driving her to do what she's doing. We're not given much of nothing but her hanging onto Spencer, while Sprina aren't given much of anything anymore in regards to airtime together.

They should have had at least one alone scenes with Spencer/Trina before he got exposed. But I don't think we are going to get that. We might not really get much of that for a while after he's exposed. They are wasting airtime with the way they are handling Esme. And I think that the actress can act which makes what they are doing worse.

Edited by xtr

• Replies 488
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I agree totally on Esme. They already seem to be wasting time. I think the whole 'Ava's stalker' storyline is stalling and keeps getting 'reset' if you will. We're all losing interest. I like the actress too and she seems to elevate a bit past the one-noteness of the character. I just don't get this show. There's "slow burn" (where, you know, it's actually interesting) and then there's whatever they call what they're doing.

Agreed on Carly and Nina. I could nitpick a few things but I'm satisfied for the most part. I wanted a slap really bad though.

• Members

I think that the Ava's stalker storyline is definitely stalking. And it does feel like according to what I've seen from the newest spoilers, like they are going to kind of reset after spencer is exposed. I wonder if a big reason it's stalling is because Ava/Nikolas haven't really kissed and haven't shown much in the way of physical intimacy.

I'm not sure if that's because MC is not vaccinated or maybe that's a choice by either or Maura not to kiss due to Covid, I don't know. But they are definitely lacking when it comes to kissing and physical closeness. Those bottom of their shoes kisses are not working. They couldn't do any better before the vaccines, but now the vaccines are out there. And IMO, Nik/Ava don't have enough chemistry to sell a pairing that can go without kissing/physical closeness. Sprina can sell that and a pair like Valentin/Anna can, but Nava can't IMO. 

So, I think that's why the show keeps doing everything to try and keep them apart so they don't have to kiss/have real intimacy. On one hand it brought us NC as Spencer, and he's a doing a great job in the role. On the other hand they can't do this forever. And even if they do reunite, after Spencer is exposed. (And I think they might) I think they still will flat as a couple because of the lack of physical closeness. 

And I don't like what they are doing with Sprina. No alone scenes and today Trina said she barely knew Spencer. Granted she hasn't known him a long time, but that did feel a bit cold. Cam showed more concern for Spencer's well-being today than Trina did. That may change as this story progresses, but that's not something I like to see. Though, maybe things will work out for them. 

Edited by xtr

• Members

It took me a second to get this and then when I did

Please register in order to view this content

savage. 

I saw the chem btwn Esme and Cam too and now there are two teen couplings I want to happen that seem unlikely. Seriously, they were getting great buzz from Sprina so they decide to just not have them be alone together for months? 

• Members

Maybe I am overthinking it but the fact that Nina's first line during the confrontation was "I see Sonny told you..." followed by Carly briefly frowning tells me this particular point is going to bother Carly. Because indeed he didn't tell her and we are supposed to draw a conclusion from that.

• Members

Yep. Carly should definitely be pissed at Sonny. It's probably not going to be long before Carly starts realizing there's more between Sonny and Nina than either is saying. Hopefully.

It's such an odd decision. I don't even dislike the actress and I'd rather see Harmony over Willow but like ... WHY?