General Hospital September 2021 Discussion Thread

• Members

I enjoyed the Cam/Trina scenes. It was nice to see the show remember that they're friends too and not just because of Josslyn.

So Spencer and Nik interacted alone off-screen on today's episode, but we had to sit through Esme and Kevin. Okay then. At least Kevin isn't a fan of her. I'm gonna need Trina to expose Esme and Spencer ASAP or for Esme to go full psycho really soon, because right now this Esme stuff is boring. She just makes smug faces during Spencer's scenes and hangs all over him while he looks miserable.

"What if it was Spencer? Would you risk him to stay with Ava?" Yeah Kevin, Nikolas absolutely would, lol..

I miss the moss bowl in the Corinthos kitchen. Why isn't Sonny questioning where it went?

Please register in order to view this content

Sonny is back in his suit. I miss the flannel already. I hope the gray hair stays at least. Carly is crying over how good his coffee is. She hasn't had a cup that good in NINE MONTHS guys. Omg, just wait until he makes her his famous sauce.

Ooh. Sonny is NOT happy about the stalker. I'm not sure who Spencer should be more scared of - Sonny or Trina. Probably Trina I do like when Ava and Carly/Sonny manage to be civil with each other.

LOL at Jason saying Sonny was in Pennsylvania and Britt whispering to him, "Is that mob speak? Is that code for something?" Oh, Britt's asking Jason how he can stop his feelings of loooove for Carly. Well, considering those feelings came out of nowhere a couple of hours before the wedding, it shouldn't be too hard to turn them off. Lol, Jason asks if he can help with the search for Obrecht and Britt is just like, "Nah, bye!"

Why is Jax still in Nixon Falls? Hell, why was he even on today? He was on for like two seconds and did nothing.

• Replies 488
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Since news emerged earlier this year that Sydney Mikayla is due to start at university, I’ve been concerned and waiting for something to happen to Trina.

I’m starting to think they might find a way around it, even if it reduces her airtime at worst. But as long as they do not lose her. Trina has proven too valuable and has managed to not only emerge from Joss’ shadow (where she’s always designed to be) but at times cast her own over Joss.

• Members

Even this boring ass Sonny storyline could be salvaged if they actually went soapy.  Sonny is shown being a little distrustful of Carly and Jason when it seems both of them are having difficulties being around each other.  Cyrus does some type of mob thing that hurts Michael.  Carly and Jason once again feel guilty and question their choices.  Sonny finds them in an embrace, they stop talking around him because they don’t want him to know they sometimes question things.  Another mob attack leaves them trapped somewhere together.  They do not sleep together, but Sonny doesn’t believe that because he is all betrayal mode after the last year, and that always messes Sonny up.

This whole time Nina has been skulking around, telling him how sorry she is, trying to make amends, looking at him longingly.  And Sonny dreams about being Mike with Nina sometimes.  They finally give in to passion, and. Sonny immediately regrets it. Now we have a Fatal Attraction rip off to drive Nina and she can even kill Jax in the process.  And Valentin knows she is unhinged, tries to help/cover for some of her lesser crimes, creating conflict with Anna.  Let her kill Austin too while we are at it.

I think Watros has done very well making nothing into something.  But there is a time limit on her character and it’s due.  Why not have her go out with some actual drama?

Edited by titan1978

• Members

I enjoyed today's show. Sonny is about as angry as I expected him to be. I like Sonny/"Mike"/Nina together but his anger rang true today and I think he said a lot of stuff that made sense. His biggest issue with Nina is that her lies kept him away from his loved ones and his life. It makes sense. I also like that he referenced he could have given Lenny/Phyllis a better life by wiping away their debts had he known who he was sooner and Lenny could have had more peace while he was alive. I hope he does end up looking out for Phyllis. Maybe he will buy Charlies for her. He did seem like he still had feelings for Nina, when he was crying when she was talking about their connection. And he flashed back to kissing her though, he told her that Mike is more. Maybe he will be shown struggling more about his feelings for her as he tries to get back to his old life.

Jason and Carly also talked a bit about their connection. I thought they seemed more like friends today again, than people who just claimed they were in love with each other. One reason for that is because they seem more accepting of their situation going back to the way it was. As opposed to Nina who still is acting like she really loves "Mike" and won't be able to let him and the memories of their relationship go.  I'm not sure how much we might really see Jason/Carly struggling with their feelings going forward it may not be much.

I like that Spencer was telling Nikolas how much he liked Trina today, though he tried to say they were just friends. I will say he actually seemed happy around/with Esme today, more happy than I've seen him ever be around her. I do think that may have been funneled by him being happy that he has reconciled with Nik, and also that Sonny is alive. I enjoyed his happiness about Sonny being alive when Esme told him. I think that Nicholas Chavez captured the spirit of loving Sonny the way that young Spencer did. It will be nice to see them in scenes again, especially before things go south after Spencer is exposed.

I also thought that Scott was amusing when him and Britt/Maxie were speculating were Liesl was at and I liked the Victor/Liesl scenes. I am liking Charles S. as Victor. 

Edited by xtr

• Members

I am so incredibly furious still - the first post-return Sonny/Ava scene is... a peaceful conversation around the kitchen table? What? Who ARE these people? - that I am not investing anything into any of this anymore.

But I will say the Nina/Sonny scene went the way one should roughly expect but it certainly did not give me the vibe this was the actual end of that. Inserting the kissing scene would be a strange move if so. But of course this has not gone at all in the directions I expected so the tears and all might just have been MB doing some acting that the writing will go on to ignore so who knows.

• Members

I kinda lost interest mid-week so I need to catch up ... but I did watch today.

I see what they're going for with Sonny/Nina and Jason/Carly but I'm still furious with the lack of initial fallout and drama.

I have mixed feelings on it, but if Esme isn't Ryan's daughter I don't see the point. I don't have time for another Willow. Embrace her inner looney toon. I would have liked a bit more set up with Trina/Spencer/Esme but it's currently one of two things I care about going on. Josslyn works better as supporting with Trina as the lead. Just sayin ...

The other is Scott and Obrecht. I don't really give a damn about nuVictor's desires and honestly he doesn't feel like a Cassadine. Shaughnessy is great as a villain though. I like that it gives weight to Scott and Obrecht's relationship. A rare bright spot and the second thing going on I care about. Although I'm pretty sure Victor's likely the 'fall guy' for Peter. 

I like that Maxie has gotten a bit of her spark back and has more biting lines and comedic snark again. I wanted a bit more from her with Nina based on what I've heard.

Nikolas and Spencer gave me Stefan/Nikolas vibes with the chess playing and talk about Trina. I know some tired of her, but I kinda miss Helena and would love to see her with this Spencer and Nikolas. I'm also glad Spencer learned about Sonny. I appreciate beats being played.

I agree.

I thought Watros and even Benard did well at the end. I see what they're possibly going for. Nina/Sonny and Jason/Carly. But I don't love how we got here.

I just can't give them the benefit of the doubt at all right now. They definitely have to win me back in terms of proving they can deliver. I don't have faith under Frank but considering how panned Sonny's initial reunion with Jason and Carly was ... but I assume he thinks 'nobody gets it'. lol. I have to.

Edited by KMan101

• Members

I think they could have done more regarding Esme and her background. We really don't know anything about her outside of the fact that she likes to cling to Spencer, show up when he's having close moments with Trina and seems to hate Ava. They could have given us a little more info about her background or at least motivation. Her conversation with Joss today was really about a whole lot of nothing outside of her learning that Sonny was alive.

I know that some of us thought she was connected/related to Ryan, but I don't think that's the case anymore. She had that one scene with him, where he didn't seem to know her and that didn't go anywhere. She dislikes Ava even more than Spencer does, so maybe there is some connection there. I've seen some people speculate she's a Jerome (like Olivia Jerome's daughter). I've also seen people speculate that she's might be related to Joss, like maybe she's Jax or Jerry's daughter. I did read that she screen tested with Eden McCoy and it does look like they might have those two interact more. Maybe that's where her connection is.

I also like Scott/Obrecht. I enjoyed Scott's interaction with Maxie/Britt today. He didn't seem to care about Sonny being alive or even Peter's and his misdeeds, until he found out it was related to his lady being missing lol. I like them together and I'm also liking the scenes with Obrecht/Victor. I'm liking CS as Victor. 

I really did enjoy Spencer's reaction to Sonny being alive. Spencer loves Sonny more than he dislikes Ava and seemed to forget about his anger towards her for a moment when Nikolas rushed off to talk to her after learning Sonny was back. Spencer was so happy about Sonny, he didn't even get upset that Nik that. I want to see this Spencer in scene with Sonny before the truth about the stalker comes out, I wouldn't be surprised if Nick has good chemistry with MB/Sonny. 

I think they could have done more regarding Esme and her background. We really don't know anything about her outside of the fact that she likes to cling to Spencer, show up when he's having close moments with Trina and seems to hate Ava. They could have given us a little more info about her background or at least motivation. Her conversation with Joss today was really about a whole lot of nothing outside of her learning that Sonny was alive.

I know that some of us thought she was connected/related to Ryan, but I don't think that's the case anymore. She had that one scene with him, where he didn't seem to know her and that didn't go anywhere. She dislikes Ava even more than Spencer does, so maybe there is some connection there. I've seen some people speculate she's a Jerome (like Olivia Jerome's daughter). I've also seen people speculate that she's might be related to Joss, like maybe she's Jax or Jerry's daughter. I did read that she screen tested with Eden McCoy and it does look like they might have those two interact more. Maybe that's where her connection is.

I also like Scott/Obrecht. I enjoyed Scott's interaction with Maxie/Britt today. He didn't seem to care about Sonny being alive or even Peter's and his misdeeds, until he found out it was related to his lady being missing lol. I like them together and I'm also liking the scenes with Obrecht/Victor. I'm liking CS as Victor. 

I really did enjoy Spencer's reaction to Sonny being alive. Spencer loves Sonny more than he dislikes Ava and seemed to forget about his anger towards her for a moment when Nikolas rushed off to talk to her after learning Sonny was back. He was so happy about Sonny, he did

• Members

Esme: Spencer! I rushed back to tell you some amazing news! Your Uncle Sonny is alive!

Spencer: YAY!

Please register in order to view this content

Esme: WHY ARE YOU SMILING ABOUT THIS?!

This bitch is crazy lol.

Nina: I hope I didn't cause any problems between you and Carly.

She's crazy too

I want Phyllis to come to PC so bad.

• Members

While I like CS as a villain, I agree with @KMan101 that he doesn't come off as a Cassadine, especially Victor. Thaao has a certain panache or style. Victor (who, by the way wasn't as insane as Mikkos in the freeze the world story, a villain, but not in the leagues of a Cesa.r Faison), was a more regal character BITD like Tony DiMera.

FrankenRon had a "League of interchangeable Villains" when they took over. They pulled Victor in with the ranks of Helena, Jerry, Julian, Liesl (at the time).   Shaughnessy is great. As Victor, I'm 50/50.

Scotty and Liesl are so perfect a match. The only good thing that ever came from the abysmal Franko character.  (That and Scott's father figure role to Elizabeth. Killing Karen, and Logan and never bringing Sabrina back left the character rudderless and alone. His stepping into that role is reminiscent of Lee Baldwin adopting Meg's family as his own.)   His falling for Liesl also has led him into her family--namely Britt, and he is even in on her Huntington's diagnosis.  Why Kin Shriner hasn't been on contract in the last few years is criminal.

@AlexElizabeth  I'm waiting for this scene

Pk4CsHr.jpg

Ethel the pilot fish actually left Spence's side.  Voluntarily.  
Hannah banana    is just so basic.  Not gonna shed any tears over her ass getting found out.

Trina revealing Spencer is what's best for everyone, and in the long run, he'll appreciate it. I honestly can't see him staying angry at his first real love.

Sonny, it's time to bring Phyllis home.

#firefrank, you're the only one that cares about Peter. THE ONLY ONE.

Hoping we'll be seeing Curtis, Portia, Shawn in the next week..<cough> inclusion <cough>

Again, I want a night out with Ms. Wu and Carly and Diane at the Savoy. Please?