General Hospital September 2021 Discussion Thread

• Members

Hating the way this return is unfolding. As everyone else said almost every beat is played wrong.

On the other hand, I will watch the Nina/Carly showdown because this is the kind of scene LW was born to play and in the scene-ender, Nina didn't look like she was going to be as remorseful to Carly as she had been to the others. Which is what I want to see. 
Can't tell you how much Joss' "So because my mom wasn't nice enough to her..." line irritated the hell out of me and basically put me squarely in Nina's camp. Quite the feat.

I will say say that after Sonny's cemetary scene with Nina, it is pretty clear to me they are not letting that thread go because they are playing Sonny a lot softer towards her almost immediately, whereas I expected at least a few weeks/months of rage and revenge-swearing on his part.
I am half expecting him to try and discourage Michael from using Wiley to punish Nina - and that creating tensions with Michael and Carly. We will see. I have been so wrong about this entire story and they have messed it up so much that I am not going to overthink it too much.

• Replies 488
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Well, Sonny has met Carly and I think he knows she would go nuts over this.  And Carly is clearly not going to agree with you about that lol.  I would be frustrated too if I had to hear it from someone else, even though Sonny may have decent reasons to keep it a secret.

I thought maybe I missed a reason why Maxie would be the one who felt Carly needed this info immediately or that they were better friends than I remembered.  The Maxie I know wouldn't give a crap about this.  She has her own problems and she would consider those more important.

• Members

@FrenchBug82

"Can't tell you how much Joss' "So because my mom wasn't nice enough to her..." line irritated the hell out of me and basically put me squarely in Nina's camp. Quite the feat".

This is the first time I have enjoyed Joss since Eden took over the role.  Joss was absolutely correct.  Carly not being nice to Nina is no excuse for what she did, especially after Michael, Sonny's kid, allowed Nina to see Wiley against Carly's desires.  

• Members

Maybe Ingo was getting vaxxed that day 

Please register in order to view this content

It would have been better if Jax told her, but I wonder if Carly would have just taken her wrath out on him instead because he didn't tell her immediately.  And Jax just thought it wasn't worth it to hear her screeching more than he has to.

• Members

But that's pretty boring.  Fighting over one's grandkid zzzzzzzzzz...........

I do think we will get Jason/Britt some point too, but this whole story has just shifted weirdly so many times who knows?  Maybe they will be like Liz and Jason and hook up a million years after the initial hints of romance. 

Or maybe Carly/Jason will have a one night stand, they both go back to their respective partners, and it comes out explosively later.

• Members

It's something at least. Something that puts them all at odd with one another, and could possibly drag Michael/Willow into it as well. They're boring now, even though taking Chase out of their orbit was the right thing to do (if he wasn't going to become a villain of course)

Idk maybe we'll get some good story in the next few months. Judging from how previous storylines were shot to hell, it seems like Frank only interferes in the summer 

Please register in order to view this content

But October to May is usually pretty good. 

• Members

Yeah, not that I'm dying to see Jax on my screen, but it would've made a lot more sense story-wise. Jax was actually part of the story and he's connected to both Nina and Carly. Maxie is totally irrelevant. Might as well have the mailman tell Carly the news about Nina.

And I know that Sonny has technically only been back for like one day, but where the heck is my girl Phyllis? She needs to come to Port Charles. She has nothing left in Nixon Falls. No Lenny, no Tan-O, no friends now that "Mike" and Nina are gone. I mean I know she has that nursing job that she never seems to be at, lol, but she can get a job at GH. Make it happen writers.