General Hospital September 2021 Discussion Thread

• Members

I enjoyed today's show. Cam has been great lately, I'm really enjoying him. He's been excellent in his scenes with Spencer. Even though Cam and Spencer clashed a lot when they were younger Cam really does care about Spencer. He's expressed that and genuinely seems to want to help him, in spite of the plan he has going on with Trina/Joss. Even Spencer could sense that Cam really cares and was about to confess to Spencer, before Trina showed up unannounced and put a halt to that.

Cam has been more mature, sensible and realistic when it comes to the whole stalker reveal and how it will actually impact people including Spencer. Of all of the teens he's the one currently that actually seem to care about Spencer the most right now and how this could affect his life. I do believe he could have gotten through to Spencer had Trina not showed up.

Speaking of Trina she did get to interact with Spencer today. They didn't get alone time and there was a bit of coolness in their interaction today. They were both worried about different things, her regarding her plan not the way she attended, while Spencer was occupied and worried about what Esme did to stop Nikolas from leaving. Hopefully they will get to interact more later on and their interactions will be better.

I also liked the Esme scenes today including with Joss. Esme told Joss to mind her own business and mentioned how Joss has other things to occupy her time, instead of poking around in Esme's business. Esme also said that Cam was cute, lol. Yes he is, get him Esme, lol. Kevin also doesn't seem to like Esme and I thought it was amusing the way he told her to pick her own brain when she said she wanted to talk to him about the cognitive sciences. He knows that something isn't right with her.

Ava showed up to tell Ryan she knows he has something to do with he her stalker situation and warn him about that. Maybe Esme is connected to him after all.

Also, I enjoyed the Ned/Jason scenes today. That was nice. I like how Ned made Jason think about how his lifestyle and choices impacted his family including Monica and his children. I like how Ned told Jason that his family would always be there for him and reminded him that he's still a Q. Jason was telling Ned about how he was content with his choices, but he did seem to take some of what Ned said to heart. Jason seemed to appreciate Ned talking to him. It's nice watching Ned take on more of the Head of the family role. 

And it was nice seeing Sonny and Spencer interact and talk a little.

Edited by xtr

• Replies 488
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

No one is ever allowed to be upset with Sonny, which sucks the life out of any story.  It's like Benard is afraid.   With this reveal being so anemic, they have to give something.  LW and Watros remain fabulous together from their GL days but those 2 going at it can't be it.  Sonny did nothing to find his identity but had plenty of time to fall in love and wear flannel.  He needs to be called to the carpet.  

• Members

Today was really good. All the scenes and the acting was on point, especially with Carly and Jax. 

The Jason/Ned scenes were unexpected but enjoyable. Wally and Steve really play off each other well. l

And the teen quad continues to shine. I love the chemistry between Cam and Spencer, and Esme and Josslyn have good chemistry too. I wouldn’t mind seeing an epic rivalry between the two of them as well.

I wouldn’t mind Esme seducing Cam either. It could be tied to the Sonny/Nina stuff. Joss becomes so anti-Nina that it causes problems between her and Cam, and then in a weak moment, Esme seduces him... and then uses it to blackmail him somehow. Tie that into Sprina, and you give this quad another, really good and interesting dynamic.

• Members

Just the scenes everyone was hoping for upon his return to Port Charles... Sonny and Esme

Please register in order to view this content

I am enjoying Cameron's involvement in the stalker stuff. Lol, Kevin has no time for Esme. Elmo tells Joss that she was talking to Sonny about a family matter. Wut? Does she really think Joss is going to buy that? Enema can't even come up with a good lie. #TeamJoss

Carly yelling at Jax because he didn't tell her about his suspicions. Girl, you know damn well you never would've believed him if he had told you.

Not gonna lie, I forgot that we were still searching for Hayden.

Thank god Marcus Coloma was back today. That temp Nik was whack.

• Members

Yeah, that's true. Sonny never seems to get called out. 

It's crazy about Hayden. All this talk yet no Budig and no sign of ever seeing her. What's the deal here?

Social media is so tired of Carly on 5 days a week every week. I am too.

• Members

I don't think they've been posted here yet but I saw the episode counts on twitter and... yikes. Carly has been in like 75% of the episodes this year. The September episode counts were embarrassing. Sonny/Nina/Carly/Jason are completely eating the show. They were on almost every single day.

I noticed that Liz and Sam had 4 episodes each last month. It boggles my mind that these ladies have two of the strongest fan bases in soaps, yet the writers seem to forget that they exist. Gladys got more airtime than they did.

• Members

Yeeeeah MEH. LOL.

On one hand, I guess I can guess what someone was going for. Sonny fell into the water...and the 'depths' of his mind to become Mike. And now in the fire, he rises up like a phoenix from the ashes.

I'm going to miss Mike. It just feels like they went this route to make people happy that they did not keep Sonny as Mike up to November Sweeps honestly. So I am curious as to why now. Or specfically why have Sonny get his memory back now...just finding him is a nice reveal. Jax and Nina could have dragged them back to PC post wedding and let the messiness begin. Imagine all of Mike's love ones trying to connect to him and him not wanting anything to do with them. Kinda like how Jason was when he became Jason Morgan. And then some time in November have his memories come back. Probably due to some mob thing that he had to step into since the Five Families will know he's alive by that point. 

Well I'm ewwwwwwww on Jarly...it was a nice wedding. And it feels like FOREVER since Maxie has crack a sincere smile. She was truly in her element and it showed. 

Yeah, I'm loving Brooklyn and Chase, too.

Can we keep Ms. Wu?

I am sorry that Mr. Novak is gone since he seem to really like Gladys. And does that mean the troublemaking Novak will take over? 

I do like they are building a new storyline for Ned and Olivia. A new hopsital story? Why...yes. Though I don't like Austin.

But yeah this week did feel like they were patchworking a lot of stuff. Which again my working theory is the whole people got CoVid which turned up the timetable on several storylines so some beats (like Jason and Carly suddenly being into each other) were lost. Going back to what I said earlier...could you imagine if they had built that just a little bit before Mike (not Sonny) came back. And then they gave in just as Mike got his memories back in NOVEMBER?  

PS. That was Jordan's exit? And with that, they threw out several storylines. There was so much potential in the Jordan/Curtis/Portia triangle. And now it sounds like they are going there with the 'is Curtis's Trina's father?' storyline on top on that. Not to mention how they tie into Drew's storyline. Seems like an abrupt cut to spite the face. 

• Members

Add that to the pile with the Sonny in Nixon Falls rushed denouement and the abrupt Chase-tells-Wallow-he-knows all of a sudden that makes it absolutely obvious something happened BTS and they decided to wrap up everything they had going very suddenly for... reasons
Hope the story of what happened leaks some day.

• Members

Yeah, it's absolutely insane. The balance is horrible. They get called out constantly but Frank turns his blind eye. He has to know. 

But I'm sure the Facebook pearl clutchers loved it!

And then you have Nellie Branco who thinks he speaks for all of daytime's fanbase when he lets his inner Laura Wright fangirl out. Lord. He needs to have several seats. He was actually making good points this week until he started with that [!@#$%^&*].

As much as I say "Genie Francis should be the star" (wouldn't it be nice if she got the treatment Laura Wright does?) NO ONE should be the 'stars of the show' when it's an ensemble daytime drama. And this 'Sonny and Carly ARE THE STARS' is not what people want.

Remember when Ron didn't give a [!@#$%^&*] about either of them and he wrote for the SHOW. And then 'The Writer' was fired. Yes it sucked starting in 2014 but we all know lots of crap was going on BTS. 

Edited by KMan101