General Hospital September 2021 Discussion Thread

• Replies 488
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

FWIW, I’m still enjoying the individual scenes and character interactions, even if the beats of the story aren’t making as much sense now as they did previously. Then again, I’ve always been more about the characters than the plots, as long as the characters were written true to themselves, so I’m keeping an open mind here.

• Members

I'm sorry, but Temp Nik looks a little strung out.

There did seem to be some good friendship chemistry between Cam and Spencer. I kind of liked the sting that he, Joss and Trina set up today. 

And I am liking the Carly/Nina scenes, but I agree that somebody needed to get hit lol. It is nice to see someone going toe to toe with Carly. Hopefully, this causes problems for boring Michael and Willow too. 

• Members

I enjoyed the Cameron/Spencer scenes, other than I thought it was stupid that Cam didn't listen to Esme/Spencer's conversation through the door.

Laura Wright and Cynthia Watros did good work today (duh). LW makes the best bitch faces. I want to see Nina taunt Carly with the fact that she and "Mike" were sooo in love in Nixon Falls, haha. How did nobody in the Q mansion hear them fighting?!

I see that we're getting back to Jason/Britt already

Please register in order to view this content

I don't mind but what was even the point of the Jarly insta-love then Jason was all about Britt, then he was suddenly in love with Carly hours before the wedding, and now Sonny's back so they're immediately putting Jason back in Britt's orbit. Whatever.

Sonny says to Britt that they have a lot to catch up on. Do they even know each other? LOL

Now how did Esme know Sonny would be at the hospital? Can Sonny please squash her like a bug?

I'm not afraid to say that I missed Marcus Coloma today.

Edited by AlexElizabeth

• Members

Cam/Esme have chemistry. I've seen it before in the interaction they had with each other when Esme was first introduced to him. There was a spark in their interactions and with the looks and smiles they were giving each other.  Their scenes and the Cam/Spencer scenes were the best part of today's show for me. Cam is lying to Spencer about some stuff, but he does seem to really care about him. 

Also, Nina/Carly were fine today, I do feel like we could have had a little more heat in their scenes today. Carly was pretty unapologetic regarding what she's done to Nina and her feelings towards her & Nelle. Nina seemed more remorseful, but still doesn't care about Carly. I wonder what Carly may try and do to Nina now that she's found out that she kept the secret about Sonny being alive.

And it does look like they might be headed back towards Jason/Britt. 

• Members

9-15

*takes a breath*

And so it begins...with humor.

Ned, Olivia, and the security around the wedding.

And I love the shoutout to old Liz and raves and admit I giggled when she said to Terry 'that was 3 kids ago.'  It is soo true for some of my girl friends. Nice moment.

• Members

I thought I was imagining this, so I'm glad someone else saw it too. I noticed those looks today. It seems so random? I mean I can't imagine Cameron ever getting with Esme since he knows she's crazy. But they definitely have more of a spark than Spencer/Esme (which isn't saying much because they have anti-chem but you know what I mean lol). I mean I'm all for Cam/Elmo if it gets her detached from Spencer's hip.

• Members

I've seen other people on places like Twitter say they noticed chemistry between them as well. I noticed it between them in their very first scene together at Kelly, when she was introduced to him. They were giving each other those types of looks when she told Cam that he was just like Spencer described him. Today they were even more smiley around each other, and throwing looks. I saw a spark between them. They could be interesting, especially if the show wants to keep Esme around longer term. I've seen a couple of people today mention she has a three year contract. I could be for them for as long as Esme isn't taken too far off the rails. 

• Members

TempNik reminded me of Michael Sutton (Stone) in the face and that's all I could picture. He wasn't bad though. Read a little older but not a bad thing.

I liked the Carly/Nina confrontation for the most part. I would have loved a full on cat fight but of course Jason had to walk in. I'll take what I can get from this show at this point I guess. It wasn't totally one-sided for a change but it still was slanted in Carly's direction. Laura Wright and Cynthia Watros elevated some of it and I thought they were good.

And lord I would be fine NEVER hearing Morgan's name again. Ever. EVER. Just bring him back as a recast. I'm tired of hearing Carly wail and scream about him. It just irks me.

And from the preview for tomorrow I have to say I'm shocked we're getting Ned/Jason. 

And we get Carly/Jax. 

It does seem like it's already heading towards Josslyn vs. Esme when it should be Trina vs. Esme but we'll see. 

I would like more POV from some of these people, like Escargot and even Jason and Liz. It's just so lacking. 

I know they're trying to keep Esme 'mysterious' but they have to give a little at times too ... I feel like they shifted directions on her already but I could be wrong.

Edited by KMan101

• Members

Liz is busy trying to figure out if Finn just likes her or if he like likes her.

There's no time for her to have a POV when she's busy trying to make Easton's fourth character work. I'm still waiting for Liz to find out about what went down at Spencer's "rager"? LOL. I know it's obviously not going to happen at this point. Carly got a big reaction scene and confrontation with Nikolas. How come Liz doesn't get to be mad at Nik for scaring the crap out of her kid? I'm still waiting for Liz to find out that Cameron helped Stella when she had her stroke, too. She's stuck in Finn hell

Edited by AlexElizabeth

• Members

LOL she sure is and I don't even hate them together. I'd rather they be playing siblings ...

Liz not involved in any of that shows me right there they aren't invested in her at all. Not that I needed to be shown that. I've long known. Just continued confirmation. Yet Britt gets tons of it ... and I like Britt but still ... this is what I mean often when I say "the focus is all wrong"

And did Stella just vanish? Did I miss her goodbye episode? She wasn't around for Jordan so I assume I did ...

Edited by KMan101