General Hospital September 2021 Discussion Thread

• Replies 488
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Today's episode was good. I like that this show has a lot of storylines going on but I liked that this particular episode focused on the Nixon Falls/Jarly Wedding coinciding. And the Juxtaposition of scenes as things were unraveling in Nixon Falls with Nina & getting underway with Jarly's wedding.

Speaking of Jarly, I am no fan of them and didn't think they had romantic chemistry. But they did look genuinely happy today and their kisses today were much better than their kisses days ago when Jason admitted his feelings to Carly. They looked happy and like they really wanted to start their live together. It's going to be interesting to see what happens now that Sonny remembers who he is and wants to go back to Carly.

I could tell even before I saw the preview for Monday's episode that Sonny was about to start yelling pretty soon there with Nina, lol. He just had that seething angry look he gets when he's about to go off and yell. And that he did in the previews. Nina really has deluded herself into things can just pretty much be the same as they were before Sonny got his memories back. She's in a for a rude awakening. Jax/Phyllis are trying to reason with her, but it's not getting through to her. Maybe her conversation with Sonny where he expresses his anger at her lies, will help snap her back to reality. I have been enjoying Jax and Phyllis in these scenes at the Tan-O.

Jax fits in as someone who cares about Nina and who is trying to help snap her back to reality and prepare her for the major storm that is coming due to her lies. Phyllis has also been great. Joyce Guy is very talented and does a good job of showcasing Phyllis emotions as she tried to help her deluded friend, while balancing her own fears/belief that Mike had died, on top of still grieving her own husband who has recently passed. And then realizing that Sonny was a completely different man from Mike and coming to terms with that. She was just excellent all the way around and I hope she ends up in PC

And it looks Madame Wu went against the plans of Mr. Novak and Mr. Buschema. It looks like she confirmed to Jason what was about to go down. He may have been the one to switch the bombs, because he caught wind of what was going to happen. He was shown telling Spinelli this week that something needed to be done, it may have been related to the car bombing. 

• Members

I thought that today's episode was the most believable this version of Jarly have ever been as a potential couple. They actually seemed happy together and like they were into each other. 

Also, another thing I didn't mention in my last post was Joss comments about her & the teens views on marriage and her fearing she would be alone. I thought that was interesting, she is dating Cam, but mentions Oscar as being the love of her life and fearing she will be alone for 60 years now that he's gone. I wonder why they had her say that comment especially since she's dating Cam. Or they going somewhere with that or was that just to give Michael a chance to say he would consider marrying Willow & hinting that might happen later. 

Edited by xtr

• Members

I thought it was interesting that they had her say those things specifically. She could have just mentioned the teens being skeptical of marriage due to their parents failed marriages and left it at that. But she actually brought up Oscar as the love of her life and worried that she might end up alone for sixty years. She was acting like she wasn't dating Cam. Also, earlier like a couple/few weeks ago I believe she referred to Cam as her friend even though they had already started dating.

And around that time Carly referred to him as Joss's boyfriend. This was around the time that Jax/Carly had that dinner with them that was filled with tension between CarJax. I wonder if the show is foreshadowing something with Joss's comments or they just wanted her to provide an opening for Michael to say he might marry Willow.

I see that some people are concerned on places like Twitter about her comments possibly interfering with Sprina's developing romance. But I don't think it was related to that. Especially since Spencer just admitted that he liked Trina to Joss. But maybe it may have something to do with a potential upcoming storyline for Joss.