General Hospital September 2021 Discussion Thread

• Members

Well, obviously higher-ups meddle all the time.
But there was speculation that between Peter/Cyrus return and a couple of weirdly abrupt story changes, we are currently (since August-ish) seeing a specific point at which orders came from above that changed the planned course the writers had been on.
And I think it rings true because the dropoff in quality and coherence is noticeable.

• Replies 488
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

It happens every year. Things are going really well... and then Frank interferes.

Remember last year with the Nik/Ava/Liz/Franco situation. It was built up for a few months, but then it suddenly got wrapped up in a nice neat little bow and the couples had no involvement with each other after that.

I'm sure there are other times Frank interfered, but I can't remember them as of now.

EDIT: Just remembered a few storylines that were built up, then went nowhere: Bobbie's diabetes, Baby Donna's spina bifida, Aiden's sexuality, anything to do with Dev. 

Edited by AbcNbc247

• Members

I have been saying this show is complete shít for literal years, sir, and that is entirely the fault of its executive producer, not "network higher-ups". You will not catch me defending GH in the last however many years because no matter how many times it has a few bright spots it is largely dogshit and has been, with brief good times for a year or two here or there, for the better part of two decades. The last time GH was humming for me was in stretches of 2012-13, and even then it was full of serious issues and bad stories.

Edited by Vee

• Members

My apologies. It was Taoboi who brought it up recently in the GH Spoilers thread, not you, as seen below. 

Anyhow, I agree with him that regardless of the sense of how the show is going overall, this late summer has felt like a bad inflection point. I hope it picks right back up again.

Edited by FrenchBug82

Tan-O has been destroyed by the fake looking CGI fire

. #RIPTanO Almost looked like Spinelli was going to give Jason a kiss. The type of kiss NuSonny gave Will on Beyond Salem. Even with the fire, the wedding and Drew captive. Today's episode felt draggy 

Edited by victoria foxton

• Members

Oh my gawd, the sunshine being blown up Jason and Carly's respective asses is making me nauseous. It's not like it's unexpected, obviously, but they're laying it on thicker than Tammy Faye Baker's makeup.  From the "d" of death (Michael), to the frog(Spinelli) to Josslyn 

Please register in order to view this content

Make it stop!

Loving Olivia's disgust with Austin, speaking for the viewers!

Maxie-- you should have hired Chet to bartend

QUIKRqH.png?1

Liked the Britt/ Terry/ Elizabeth scenes

Oh no! Mike may die!!!     I actually saw that today.  Seriously people!   As long as Phyllis made it out, I was good, but oh well   

• Members

I may be asking a stupid question because I admittedly don't watch GH every day, but are we supposed to be rooting for Jarly's wedding and for it to become real?  Or are we still rooting for Carson to reunite?  

Olivia looked very pretty in that yellow dress and Joss look pretty in that green.  Maxie however......I am not sure if fluffy, layered tulle was the right call for KS. 

I like LW's hair.  The color is weird-like it's colored but only highlights on top and the rest looks dark but the style was cute.

Also, Michael is such a traitor.  He's been rooting for Jarly his whole life?  Whatever Michael.

• Members

One of the many things that have gone haywire is exactly this. It is hard to know what the writers are trying to tell us. They had a great thing going with Jason/Britt and now it feels they are almost trying to sell us Jarly as viable on its own right.
I suppose, if I am being generous, it is supposed to make in turn Sonny/Nina slightly more plausible if CarSon are not as much the obvious endgame (I mean, they are but in terms of how things are presented) but the loss of momentum from Britt/Jason is puzzling.
In any case, I agree with you that it is very ambiguous and weird.

Also as a side note, I have yet to understand what the point of that Britt/Jax interlude story-wise was.

• Members

Thanks!  I feel like something did shift in the storyline.  It looks like we are supposed to root for Jarly and Nina/Sonny for real.  Maybe it's to make the love stories all more well balanced like you said?   I honestly think Carson, Jarly, and Nina/Smike are bad, but Jason/Britt is good and I would assume we will eventually go back to Carson.

Is it possible Britt is pregnant and it could be a whose the daddy story with Jason/Jax?  That's a lot of kids to bring to GH in a year though.

• Members

There was a definite shift with Jason/Carly/Britt. We went from Jason pining over Britt and constantly looking miserable with Carly to him falling back in love with Carly and wanting a real marriage basically overnight. It makes absolutely no sense.

Jason/Britt slept together almost four months ago so at this point I'm assuming we're not getting a pregnancy storyline, which I'm okay with. There really was no point to Jax and Britt hooking up, lol. I really enjoyed Jason and Britt but now I'm basically wondering what the point even was. They could've spent that time showing Jason falling in love with Carly and have this current story actually make some sense. Instead we have Jarly in love overnight because they want maximum drama when Sonny returns soon. Horrible writing.

• Members

I am sure I brought this up before but is there any chance this was an Ingo/Jax story that Jason was inserted into when IR became..........problematic?

It would make more sense to me overall.  Jax/Carly grow closer, Jax finds Sonny, lies about it, and it all comes out at the wedding.  

Britt/Jason remain together, but have problems because Britt misunderstood something and slept with Jax. 

It did seem overnight for me for Jason to change his feelings.  Carly I get.  It's in her cannon to want to be with Jason as endgame even if it's shifted throughout the years.  But SB has always played Jason with antipathy toward any Carly pairing.  That may be a SB choice, but this all seems weird.