General Hospital September 2021 Discussion Thread

• Members

I am actually not meaning this to be as shady as it is going to sound but as someone who has been in the US for twenty years and still has an accent: since he is going all right-wing nationalist IRL in a way that may be a bit contradictory for an immigrant, isn't he trying to force himself to lose his original accent?

• Replies 488
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

The Jarly stuff is nauseating. This could have been somewhat palatable had the writing made any sense. Instead this reeks of a rewrite. It's like the writers realized, "Oh crap, Sonny's coming back really soon, we need to have Jason and Carly fall in love for maximum impact" and bam, here we are. I can buy Carly having some feelings for Jason. But someone explain to me how and when Jason got to this point. He has been pining over Britt for months now and looking miserable with Carly. Now overnight he has done a complete 180 and is falling for Carly and kissing her? HUH? Sorry, not buying it. Not to mention, Steve and Laura have ZERO chemistry. That was one of the worst kisses I've seen in a long time. It was gross. How did we go from Jason having a hot love scene with Britt three or four months ago to him doing this with Carly?

Please register in order to view this content

The Nina stuff is good drama though. In her head she has totally justified keeping Sonny from his family and I buy that she's fallen in love with "Mike." This is more interesting to me than Sonny inevitably being mad about Jarly being "in love." Plus Cynthia Watros is really good.

I really hope Phyllis comes to Port Charles.

MS. WU IS ON. Love this badass bitch.

Why must Jason and Carly be involved in everything? They don't need to be at the hospital for Jordan and be a part of this storyline too.

"I'm a stripper, mom" "You stripped for Carly?!"

Spencer and Valentin scenes on Monday finally! And Trina/Joss And #ClassicallyTrained

• Members

I still feel Jason and the Jarly story was inserted last minute and it should have been a Jax/Carly story.  That would make so much more sense and make Jax keeping the Sonny stuff a secret.  

Why on earth is Jax even debating all of this with Nina?  Just tell everyone and be done with it. 

I think all of this was changed because Ingo has been so problematic.  Which I agree with, but I do think it tweaked the story and now we are stuck with Jarly.  Who are the least believable romantic couple in the world. 

• Members

I know they have to drag it out but it really is stupid that Jax doesn't just pick up the phone or rush back to PC to tell Carly that Sonny is alive. Instead he's been standing around the Tan-O talking to Nina about it for like 3 episodes, lol. And of course Jax isn't going to leave Nixon Falls until Nina tells Sonny everything. Yet he keeps talking about how this is urgent because Jarly are hours away from getting married. 

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

I know.  Jax is sitting there debating logical reasons why Nina needs to tell Sonny, but the woman has clearly justified this in her mind.  Nina doesn't have to tell Sonny/Mike anything.  Jax could literally tell Smike himself.   Or call Carly or Jason or Dante or Michael or anyone lol.  

Or Jax could just take a picture of Sonny and send it in a mass text and be done with it.

Edited by carolineg

• Members

This is where hiring a good actress really pays off. It would be really easy for the story to go in the wrong direction or Nina to come off as extremely unsympathetic.
People might still judge her obviously but having someone selling the hell out of this acting-wise is what makes the storyline worth it for me.

There has to be a twist coming because that would be a somewhat underwhelming way to wrap this part of the story.
Why have Peter and then Jax find out if Nina just ends up telling him herself shortly thereafter without the fact Peter and Jax know having any real storyline consequence?
I have been defending the show against accusations it is "soapless"; I sure hope they don't immediately make me eat my words! 

• Members

I agree. I have never been a Nina fan. I don't root for her. I'm not into "Mike" and Nina together. I think what she's doing is wrong. But CW is making it all work. I don't hate Nina for what she's doing right now, but I totally would with a lesser actress. I've said it a million times but you couldn't pay me to watch this story with Stafford still in the role. Now her Nina I did hate and I would actually groan whenever an episode started and I saw that she was on. Her scenery chewing was just unwatchable. Watros has made Nina not only watchable but palatable. I'm still not a fan of the character but now I don't mind having her around and causing trouble. I'm grateful for this recast.

• Members

She sure has. Nina and her 'legacy' remain useless but Watros is great. I knew we'd got an upgrade with her and she proved me right.

I was watching some clips from 2014 for some reason a little while back and Nina was in her wheelchair with Stafford doing her ticks and stuttering and it was so bad. Kelly Monaco looked amazing though. Back when they were pushing Monaco and Easton together.

• Members

Apart from the scenery chewing lol I thought Nina was such a hypocrite under Stafford. She was always talking empowering women and praising women and all that stuff, yet in every other episode she was bullying and berating another woman (Willow, Carly, Ava, Lulu, etc.) I’m so glad that CW never played her like that. 

I guess keeping Sonny from Wiley right after she was kept from Wiley is hypocritical, but at least Nina doesn’t rant and rave about it, all while she’s doing the exact same thing.

Edited by AbcNbc247