General Hospital September 2021 Discussion Thread

• Replies 488
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

The Jax/Nina stuff was good today. Cynthia Watros is good. I really did not expect Jax to actually see Sonny, at least not yet. I thought maybe he'd just have his suspicions and tell Carly but she wouldn't believe him. Since Jarly's wedding isn't until "the 17th" (since it's a really long day in PC), I wonder how they'll drag out Jax not telling Carly until then.

Elmo's smug face is very punchable. The actress is good at playing a bitch. LOL at Trina calling her tacky. Trina should've introduced Esme to the pool! Trina told Spencer he's not handsome and he looked so upset, haha. Spencer is really trying to text Trina and is asking Esme if it sounds good. Enema is pissed about that!

Please register in order to view this content

Yep, she's gonna go after Trina. She's jealous as hell.

Man, he couldn't look more uninterested in her even though she's hanging all over him. He's too concerned about if his text to Trina is worded just right I'm still having a hard time believing that they're actually a couple because Spencer is yet to show an ounce of interest in her.

Obviously Spencer is no angel but they're definitely playing it that Esme is basically his "puppet master" and is wearing the pants in this relationship (or whatever you want to call it). She's the little devil on his shoulder and any time Spencer thinks about coming clean, she convinces him not to.

Here we go with the Trina paternity story. Poor Taggert.

Jason/Joss was the weak spot in today's episode. Boring.

• Members

Right? I almost forgot and I was literally writing my post while I was watching the episode! There wasn't much of a point to those scenes. They must've been like, "Well, we have a couple extra minutes in the episode that we need to fill... I guess we'll pretend there's some drama about where Carly went when she left the house on her wedding day." Total filler.

• Members

I'm here for the Esme/Trina rivalry. The scenes at the pool were perfect! I feel bad for Spencer. He's in a terrible position, of his own making obviously, but I still feel bad.

The actress playing Esme looks like she could be Hannah O'Connor's sister.

As for Portia, we all knew this was coming from the moment in one of her first episodes that she looked up and said, "Curtis"

Edited by AbcNbc247

• Members

So why do some characters get full on love scenes and others (Nik and Ava) can’t even kiss?? I’m assuming the male component of that couple isn’t vaccinated in real life. But all the broohaha over CD being anti vax I’d say he’d have to be full vaxxed to do the love scenes he’s done.

• Members

Yeah, I know what you mean. I mean obviously Spencer is a little sh-t who is responsible for a majority of the stalking, and he deserves whatever is coming to him for that. But I understand feeling bad because he really seems to want to come clean and make amends, but Esme is the essentially the puppet master here and she keeps convincing him to keep everything a secret and keep the stalking going. Even at the party, Spencer said he thought he was ready to go face Nik as long as he had Trina by his side, but then Esme showed up and Spencer ended up moving out of Wyndemere instead. Yesterday Spencer again seemed ready to come clean to Nik about everything, then again Esme showed up and was like WTF are you doing. Then today he wanted to apologize to Trina and here's Esme convincing him that's a bad idea. Spencer is no angel but Esme is definitely manipulating him and bringing out his worst qualities. And then Queen Trina has the opposite effect on him, lol.

• Members

The Trina/Spencer Esme scenes were interesting today. Trina/Spencer were getting a bit snippy with each other & of course Esme was instigating/escalating things. Spencer did look bad taking Esme's side as much as he did. He could have been more neutral/tried to play the role of a peacemaker a bit more. But he mostly sided with Esme until like the end, where he seemed a bit regretful around the time Trina left. I thought it was funny that Trina told him he wasn't handsome.

That's not true, but I can understand her anger and that comment and her leaving seemed to both him. To the point of him wanting to text her while Esme was around and Esme trying to distract him from doing that by massaging him, which he really didn't have much interest in. He also seemed happy when Esme revealed that her & Trina had talked about Trina's crush on him.

I do wonder if the writers will end up giving us more insight into his and Esme's relationship. Because he doesn't seem to be that into her romantically, but he does seem obligated to her for some reason and is allowing her to pull his strings. I thought it was interesting how she directed him to continue their argument with Trina, when Trina was going to drop things earlier in the episode and he did that. I do wonder if we will learn more about the origin/nature of their relationship. She really is that bad thing on his shoulder, that eggs him to continue do bad stuff, even when he wants to try and do the right thing. I could see Trina trying to avoiding him for at least a little bit, due to his actions today.  I do look forward to whenever him and Trina interact again & whenever their romance will pick up.

Also, I had figured they would do a paternity storyline with Trina/Portia/Curtis. I wonder when Trina may find out, she will have a lot on her plate between that and the stalker stuff. 

I also lol'ed today at the way that Ava's bodyguards reacted today after they beat up Nik and she tells them to stop and didn't want them to do that. Lol at the one named Bubba who went "Our bad". Nik and Ava shared another covid style/fade away kiss when she was helping him with his wounds after his shirt was unbuttoned. I do wonder if they will get more real looking kisses especially now that the vaccine has been mandated on set. I do think they may continue to have a hard time trying to stay away from each other. 

And Jax/Nina/Sonny/"Mike" scenes today were solid. I could see Jax maybe keeping Nina's secret at least for a little while, though he may threaten/contemplate revealing the truth right away. 

Edited by xtr

• Members

Ha that gif is amazing! I didn’t notice how quick his head whipped around but he clearly wanted confirmation. Poor Trina she looked so sad at being outed like that and then she was all doubting herself. I was not pleased Spencer went at her so hard but I guess he’s that afraid of being caught out. Esme giving him those three options as if she would take the fall for him. That girl does not care about him at all. 

I guess we are supposed to agree with Joss and see Esme as pulling the strings and Spencer as her puppet but that’s let’s him off the hook way too easily. What I need now is for a cute PCU boy to come into the picture and for Spencer to get very jealous. 

• Members

Yeah, I think that Spencer was definitely happy at the thought of Trina expressing romantic feelings for him to Esme. And Trina definitely looked sad that Esme revealed that to him. She looks & feels vulnerable that Esme keeps bringing up her feelings for Spencer and now in front of him, and there's not anything she can do about it. It's even worse that Spencer has chosen to be with Esme for the time being, though he expressed interest in Trina.

Esme definitely does not have Spencer's best interests at heart, but for whatever reasons he's obligated to stay with her for the time being. I think it would be interesting and entertaining if a cute boy from PCU (and he might end up being a short term character) expressed romantic interest in Trina and Spencer got jealous. Right now Trina's in a bit of a hard spot, with having feelings for Spencer & him Esme being glued to his side and antagonizing her. She deserves to have some fun & Spencer can see what he would be missing out on, if another young man becomes interested in her & maybe she agrees to spend time/go on a few dates with that guy. 

Edited by xtr

• Members

I dont take to mean that one is vaxed or not because I thought CD wasnt and he had a full love scene. I guess its more on what the actors wanna do. Maybe MW & MC decided no kissing since COVID is still raging regardless of vaccination status.