General Hospital September 2021 Discussion Thread

• Members

lol 

But yeah it is kind of a stretch. We'll see what they do with her. I like the idea but I'm also kinda with you that I'd kinda rather her be some crazy groupie that is fascinated by psychos and then emerges as her own. 

Meanwhile, doesn't it feel like Ryan has a bunch of potential victims being lined up? Harmony comes to mind.

And how soon before Gladys becomes Mrs. Vincent Novak? LMAO. I love Gladys. I know some hate her but she's a hoot and making this Jason/Carly stupidity watchable.

Unfortunately my gut says Gladys probably bites the big one. 

• Replies 488
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I thought that the scenes with Gladys gossiping and chatting it up with Vincent Novak were amusing. Gladys is entertaining. I wonder how much interaction she will end up having with Mr. Novak. And interesting too that it's Mr. Bushima (sp) that is the one from the five families that is working with Cyrus. I wonder if he will take Cyrus up on his offer and help cause destruction at Carly/Jason's wedding.

I don't like the way that the show has Britt moping around over Jason. I can understand she has feelings for him and wants to be with him. But I don't care for the "I think I may always end up being alone" vibe she has whenever she's around him. Especially when Carly is also around. I think it would be best if she tried to move on from him, even if she ended back up with him. He actually looked a bit annoyed with her today, when she was bringing up him and Carly/asking about them. That date she had could/have should went further, but they had her dip on that man very quickly and run away from him with Jason watching. She keeps showing how she isn't over Jason & it's unforuntate with how sad/lonely the show is having her act. With Leisl gone missing now, she can focus more of her attention on that and not worrying as much over losing Jason. 

And I think it's something that Nina is actually encouraging Sonny to find out about his past. Even though that's very risky & could lead him to finding out that she knew who he was and didn't tell him or anyone else about that. Or that he was alive. Sonny was a bit angry today when he mentioned that if he had people who cared about him, they weren't doing their best to find him. Or that he didn't want to find out about his past. Maybe that could be foreshadowing to his reaction to getting his memory back and coming back to PC, seeing Jason/Carly getting married. 

• Members

Wyatt, the OLTL friend got really big lol

I've noticed the Nixon Falls storyline has been played a lot more in recent weeks. Could we possibly be reaching the end of it? It would be so soapy for Sonny to get his memory back and rush back to PC right as Carly and Jason are being pronounced husband and wife. And then right after that, somebody could start shooting up the wedding 

Please register in order to view this content

I'm curious to see what's going to happen to Nina after it all comes out. That story could go in so many different directions. 

• Members

Gladys is hilarious! She's the only thing that makes Jason/Carly AND Brando/Sasha interesting. I laugh whenever she talks about how close she and Sonny were. I actually laughed out loud when she told Novak that Jason was playing "slap and tickle" with Britt. I also loved her announcing that she's coming to the wedding as a plus one. The actress is fantastic. Knowing GH she'll be the casualty of this mob war instead of Jax.

I loved the stuff with Jason and Britt on the run but I can't even get excited about their scenes at this point. It's the same scene over and over with them. Just like it's the same scene every time Jason and Carly are on.

LOL at Britt ditching her date after two seconds.

Was that little Sam from OLTL playing the boy scout today? He's so grown up!

I'm so tired of hearing about Sonny's sauce. Is the sauce really going to be how people find out he's alive

Edited by AlexElizabeth

• Members

That Jax fling thing... Not that I wanted it to lead anywhere but I am surprised zero seems to come of it.

I think it would make sense for "Mike"'s return to being Sonny one way or another to be November sweeps.

I really like the latter idea too (the Amanda Young option). I wouldn't be that bothered with Ryan having a secret kid since it is not impossible that there are gaps in what we know of his history since he was off-screen for so long BUT I also agree with earlier comments that I am tired of soaps thinking the only way to get the audience to react to a new character is to make them relatives of someone else.
It is particularly tedious when it involves a lot of history rewriting or plausibility-stretching but more importantly it is lazy because often writers rely on that trope to avoid having to do the hard work to make the character compelling on its own merits. If they are related to someone we already know and care about then they assume the audience will automatically transfer this interest to the new character. Much easier than, you know, write good original new characters and do the hard work to make them popular.

• Members

I asked this elsewhere, but have to wonder if anyone here ever noticed the Five Families are only represented by 4 people-- Buscema, Novak, Wu and whichever Corinthos shows up?   Is Frank just too cheap to pay a dayplayer for #5? Because he sure pisses enough budget money away on his friends from OLTL. (Did he really need to bring back Sam er Wyatt today? Couldn't the doctor and nurse handle calling an ambulance? Finding the locket?)

Been working on a bunch of research so I haven't had a chance to post in a while.

@cassadine1991 I could be wrong, but I believe Charlie Prince changed his name to Ashton when he inherited Binky's fortune. Not that he couldn't have a kid that went by Prince, but she would've been born long after he inherited  the name and money.  Good thought. It would be a nice twist.

The whole Austin thing would have been much better if they had put Howarth in the role instead of ever bringing Todd or Franco back.  At this point, I just cringe whenever Dr. Manbun appears. The part could have been Mathison's, instead of Jake Dough/Drew.... There would be a helluva lot less smirking...

Reversing Drew and Chloe's apparent deaths do nothing for me in regards to Mr. Juilliard's character. He still murdered Frankles on-screen and outlived his usefulness long ago.   Maxie should be starting a life with this guy....

Did anyone need a return of Cyrus? Mommie's boy mobster is just unnecessary. There are enough characters with reasons to go after Carly and Jason's wedding.

Esme gives me Hannah O'Connor vibes from OLTL. Plain looking actress that's psycho. #firefrank has a type.  Looking forward to a Trina showdown with Basic American Psycho. Hoping that the college set brings on at least a few sane characters as well.   Since they're going to PCU, they should invest a few dollars in Gregory Chase (Gregory Harrison) to keep him around as a professor.  Maybe hire Jackie (Kim Delaney) as a journalism professor. Just random thoughts, but they're already in town.

Either let Ryan sneak out and kill some folks (Wallow, Harmony,[I would go all in and kill Sam or Kristina] etc.) or a wedding incident (Wallow,Kristina, Jax).  Some dead weight needs to go as they keep casting more new characters. They don't even bother with Kristina, why not? Ingo is easily the most expendable, and pompous Jax that has no problem blackmailing his former stepson, would be a great way to cause a Joss/Carly rift.

Sasha/ Brando would be more interesting if we hadn't seen it so many times before (Jason /Sam, Jason/Elizabeth) over safety. Thank gawd for Drunko Gladys giving their scenes a lift.  Two good looking people like Mattsson and Wactor shouldn't need his overbearing mom to make them interesting.  But she's a godd**n goddess bringing life to a room. It's a shame Burroughs didn't get this writing on OLTL or Days.

As much as I love Spencer (Nicolas Chavez has been awesome casting), I can't wait for him to get caught and have some consequences. Humbling him a touch could only add more layers to Spencer's character (along with a verbal smackdown from Trina--)  before they end up together again.  They are the couple to focus on. 

The fallout  from Wallow/MiniMike's revelation was as insignificant as their pairing. Someone should foreshadow that almost everyone that has been with Michael ended up in the morgue (from Carter down the line to Sabrina). Angry Chase was the only good thing to come of it. Now, can we see BrookLynn and Chase really rev up?

I fell asleep twice during the Finn/Liz camping-- Lil' Violet perked me up-- so adorable. NuAiden has some tough shoes to fill, little Jason David  killed it on NOS4a2 and did a great job as Aiden. Leo's possible storyline would be interesting, just not in Frank's hands.

So Lucas is still non existent? That throwaway line from RoHo about replacing Lucas Jones at his "new" office is a repugnant way to treat a character that we watched Cheryl give birth to in the late 1980s and grow up onscreen. I didn't care much for the block of wood they replaced Ryan Carnes with, but the character at least deserved a going away scene with Bobbie and Carly and Maxie, hell even Felix. Just another sacrifice at the feet of the almighty ham.

Joyce Guy had better be heading to Port Chuck when Sonny heads back eventually. She certainly deserves to stick around after those terrific scenes when Lenny passed. Unfortunately Lenny hasn't had a twin brother named Benny to show up. Hoping the family Phyllis mentioned is either Jordan or Portia (leaning toward Portia myself).

I'm not that invested in Jason/Carly/Sonny/Nina, just hoping Jason can extricate himself and stick with Britt. Also love it when Scott refers to Liesl as his "Schnitzel".  

I don't have any problem with Cameron Mathison joining. It just feels like the show has way too many stories trying to be the "A" story.  The mob (Jason, Sonny);Austin vs. the Qs; Drew's being alive/Dante and Sam/Curtis/ Finn/Liz and Shawn's search for Hayden. Too many leads.

Dante flirting is what I always enjoyed with DZ. He's at his best there, but Sam is just so low energy.  Let him work the single ladies like Elizabeth and Britt at darts, the pool table, or a skinny dip at the MetroCourt rooftop pool.

• Members

Seriously though lol

Chris Van Etten is absolutely gorgeous and for someone who had never acted before, I remember him doing a pretty decent job. He really should've have been the one to be there for Maxie in the aftermath of Nathan's death. Tie that into Chet's PTSD, drug addiction, etc. and that could have been a great story: Two damaged people leaning on each other for comfort and getting each other through their problems. 

The whole Peter character and storyline is a perfect example of how NOT to interfere if you're an EP.

• Members

The other "family" was the Russian Bratva. Sonny had a habit of killing their representatives (Mr Serge in 2015 and Petrov in 2017).

They often seem to be replaced by whoever Sonny's rival is at the time, for example after Mr Serge was killed, Ava basically took his spot at one of the meetings as the then head of the Jerome family. The Russian Bratva came back in 2017 represented by Petrov and then Cyrus Renault seems to have taken their spot at the meeting in May. If so, perhaps it is intended that the spot is vacant and will be filled at some point by whoever is the current main rival of the Corinthos Organization.

• Members

Yep, I'm very aware of the fifth family know all about it. It's just cheap to keep calling them five families and only adding three dayplayers yet they paid Howarth and kept him on contract  between characters. Make it an under five and have him just say "Da". There's not five families if the seat is vacant. Just sayin'.

Cyrus attempted to take over a spot-- the Corinthos spot. He was a bystander at the meeting--promptly shut down (hilariously, if I can add that) in May. I almost expected Ms. Wu to ask Carly if she wanted to go get a drink afterward.

I add that this part of my post here and elsewhere was just one thing I found funny-referring to them as five when we've only seen four since 2017 and not any sort of major point or endorsement of mob stories. I heard complaints that I was in favor of mob stories, though I've been sick of them for years.

• Members

Just FAR too many characters on this show, which is so bloated it’s ridiculous.

A not-dead return of Peter wasn’t needed, but neither was the return of Cyrus, a character who was good only in his last few days before he left. Frank never knows how to get rid of villains.

The ratings are hurting, and I think it’s the character bloat causing it. Just too many characters with too little airtime to do justice to any story.

• Members

As a non-regular watcher of GH, this is something I've actually appreciated: whenever I tune in for a week (once or twice year), there are like two or three completely separate sets of characters that don't overlap throughout the week and it's almost like 2-3 shows in one. Huge contrast with Y&R where it's the same people over and over. I don't know if it's still like this, because I haven't seen it in a year or two.