Jump to content

General Hospital September 2021 Discussion Thread


Recommended Posts

  • Members
6 hours ago, AlexElizabeth said:

There was a definite shift with Jason/Carly/Britt. We went from Jason pining over Britt and constantly looking miserable with Carly to him falling back in love with Carly and wanting a real marriage basically overnight. It makes absolutely no sense.

Jason/Britt slept together almost four months ago so at this point I'm assuming we're not getting a pregnancy storyline, which I'm okay with. There really was no point to Jax and Britt hooking up, lol. I really enjoyed Jason and Britt but now I'm basically wondering what the point even was. They could've spent that time showing Jason falling in love with Carly and have this current story actually make some sense. Instead we have Jarly in love overnight because they want maximum drama when Sonny returns soon. Horrible writing.

I've said it elsewhere, but this whole situation seems weird as hell BTS. It used to take 6-12 months and an act of God to get Jason to begin to get serious with a woman onscreen - that was the going philosophy from the end of the '90s until this year. Now, Jason has bounced from Sam to what was practically a ONS with Britt (albeit with sudden and rushed confessions of love from Jason, which you must admit was real quick for him whether people liked that pairing or not) and now onto Carly, a pairing Steve and Jason have both shied away from for decades. I wonder what the hell is going on at the studio. Did the situation with Burton and Monaco become untenable and now Steve is trying to prove he's still the A-lead by opening the floodgates to literally anything?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 488
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Members

9-2

 

Yay!!! Finally entering September!!!

 

And after feeling the last week of August was meh and abrupt, I have to say that I've been liking this week. But it's been driven by two things.

 

1) Lisel's disappearance. I was thinking it was annoying as heck that her and Scotty was put in trouble right when she was plotting to kill Peter. So stalling on getting rid of his tired butt. But leading up to where she was and WHO had her. My love of gothic, the set, and the music when she woke up like some princess. *swoons* So Cassandine-y. And then who has her...the recasted Victor. Ahhhhh...no wonder it is all Gothic. So while I hate the stalling on Peter, I DO like this sudden detour. 

 

2)Mob War. I am shocked to say this...but I'm loving the pieces coming together for the wedding. Even if everyone is not three dimensional by any means, I do like that everyone has a view. The Novaks trying to suck up to Jason and Carly and oops here comes Gladys!!! The other guy working for Cyrus in an alliance. I just need more of Ms. Wu with her badassness and I'm good to go.

Please register in order to view this content

And yes, I am loving this Trina/Ava scene and loving all of that drama with her, Spencer, and Esme. I think it has been well done up until now. 

 

ETA: ewwwwwwww at Jason and Carly almost kissing and him seeming into it. Just...NO. 

Edited by Taoboi
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members

9-3

 

BOBBIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

 

And wow. I bet those Jasam fans felt some kinda way about Jason and Sam running into each other at Savoy and it was basically a 30 second meeting to acknowledge their relationship and then they kept it moving. KM really and truly looked like her Sam cared that it was over. 

 

 

Edited by Taoboi
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
2 hours ago, Vee said:

I've said it elsewhere, but this whole situation seems weird as hell BTS. It used to take 6-12 months and an act of God to get Jason to begin to get serious with a woman onscreen - that was the going philosophy from the end of the '90s until this year. Now, Jason has bounced from Sam to what was practically a ONS with Britt (albeit with sudden and rushed confessions of love from Jason, which you must admit was real quick for him whether people liked that pairing or not) and now onto Carly, a pairing Steve and Jason have both shied away from for decades. I wonder what the hell is going on at the studio. Did the situation with Burton and Monaco become untenable and now Steve is trying to prove he's still the A-lead by opening the floodgates to literally anything?

It is bizarre but honestly he should never have had that much say in stopping this storyline. The only time his Jason had chemistry with a Carly, in my opinion, was SJB and he really kept it from happening. Not sure why they’re going with it twenty years later in this haphazard fashion, with no build up or attempt at making it feel real. Even if they don’t want to try for passion, make it friends who love each other so much they want a nice comfortable life together. It’s just so poorly done and so rushed. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
30 minutes ago, Nixor said:

It is bizarre but honestly he should never have had that much say in stopping this storyline. The only time his Jason had chemistry with a Carly, in my opinion, was SJB and he really kept it from happening. Not sure why they’re going with it twenty years later in this haphazard fashion, with no build up or attempt at making it feel real. Even if they don’t want to try for passion, make it friends who love each other so much they want a nice comfortable life together. It’s just so poorly done and so rushed. 

I agree 100% about SBu not having the right to stop a story because of his preference, but did he actually stop it?  He actively played against it, but his leaving the show stopped the storyline.  It didn't change because the show gave him another story.  It changed because he left.   But maybe I am wrong since they were starting to set him up with Liz.   In another pairing of Jason's that never truly was.   Ugh, I am sounding like a Jason shipper, but I don't think Guza would have stopped for him if he remained on the show.

Regardless, I agree with everything else you are saying.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members

Are Sarah and Mo getting along again? I could swear I remember her lashing out at him awhile back but they seem to be friendly on there.

1 minute ago, carolineg said:

I agree 100% about SBu not having the right to stop a story because of his preference, but did he actually stop it?  He actively played against it, but his leaving the show stopped the storyline.  It didn't change because the show gave him another story.  It changed because he left.   But maybe I am wrong since they were starting to set him up with Liz.   In another pairing of Jason's that never truly was.   Ugh, I am sounding like a Jason shipper, but I don't think Guza would have stopped for him if he remained on the show.

I think they would've gone for Liz if he'd stayed but kept Carly in the mix. I don't think they would have moved her away from Sonny though, because they were setting up the perceived 'clash of the titans' with her and Maurice for a long time. I have a hard time believing they would've put Jason and Carly together then, because I felt they were tilting away from them despite her intense yearning for him for a long time.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
6 minutes ago, Vee said:

Are Sarah and Mo getting along again? I could swear I remember her lashing out at him awhile back but they seem to be friendly on there.

I think they would've gone for Liz if he'd stayed but kept Carly in the mix. I don't think they would have moved her away from Sonny though, because they were setting up the perceived 'clash of the titans' with her and Maurice for a long time. I have a hard time believing they would've put Jason and Carly together then, because I felt they were tilting away from them despite her intense yearning for him for a long time.

I think she only spoke out about Mo regarding salary disparity.  I think she said she made half as much as Benard and Burton.  So I don't think it was anything personal against him.   The only person I can recall her calling out on GH as far as actors is Vanessa. 

You are probably right about moving Jason away from Carly to Liz.  But I do think MB/SJB had better chemistry than SBu, so, again, I just don't think it was personal.  I think they were shifting the story due to the massive bomb of Sonny/Hannah.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
36 minutes ago, carolineg said:

I agree 100% about SBu not having the right to stop a story because of his preference, but did he actually stop it?  He actively played against it, but his leaving the show stopped the storyline.  It didn't change because the show gave him another story.  It changed because he left.   But maybe I am wrong since they were starting to set him up with Liz.   In another pairing of Jason's that never truly was.   Ugh, I am sounding like a Jason shipper, but I don't think Guza would have stopped for him if he remained on the show.

Regardless, I agree with everything else you are saying.  

I felt like they were going to try to make her relationship with AJ real (what with the endless comparisons to Alan and Monica) if Hannah/Sonny hadn't bombed. She was written as being in love with Jason, but as much as they would try to write Jason as having feelings for Carly, Steve would usually do his best to push it back. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members

I just remember laughing when Sonny/Carly slept together and Burton had to play like it was a betrayal.  Now you care?  He publicly stated Carly was not the kind of woman Jason would fall in love with and he hoped Kimberly would keep coming back and keep that relationship viable.  Then he lured her back and she told Guza she didn’t want to do Jason/Robin again.

Until Liz and then later Sam, I felt he tanked every relationship.  Tyler Christopher did it too with the attempted relationship after Emily died, I think she was a nurse but my memory is hazy on her name.

It’s pretty clear that Frank/someone or both are shuffling the decks and once again propping pets.  Austin is on too much and has a very nothing character, whatever Alexis was going to be doing got wrapped up way too quick and she’s clearly in a holding pattern, and Peter is back for what appears to be  not the short term.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
29 minutes ago, Dion said:

Nadine

Thank you!  Just mentioning her name and I remembered how labored that relationship was all because of Tyler.  And her crazy backstory with the sister who was killing patients at GH.  That was her, correct?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
20 minutes ago, titan1978 said:

Thank you!  Just mentioning her name and I remembered how labored that relationship was all because of Tyler.  And her crazy backstory with the sister who was killing patients at GH.  That was her, correct?

Yes.  Nadine's sister was a killer on Night Shift.   I do think it was an odd pairing for Nikolas.  It was so unlike anyone he ever dated and TC was over it lol.  I don't think the actress (Claire Coffee) was bad though.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members

I thought Claire Coffee was decent. I do think it was weird as hell the whole thing with the sister on NS, who I only recently remembered was Amanda Baker, the doomed NuBabe of AMC. It's been so long that I had conflated it and thought they were the same actress for a long time.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
11 minutes ago, Vee said:

I thought Claire Coffee was decent. I do think it was weird as hell the whole thing with the sister on NS, who I only recently remembered was Amanda Baker, the doomed NuBabe of AMC. It's been so long that I had conflated it and thought they were the same actress for a long time.

I think Nadine would have worked better with someone like Spinelli and I believe he lost his virginity to the crazy sister Jolene.  Night Shift Season 1 was a really weird show that didn't really follow real GH at all and had strange storylines like the fake Brenda Barrett patient that was burned that never went anywhere lol.  Season 2 was so much better.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy