General Hospital September 2021 Discussion Thread

• Replies 488
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I try not to bring up Annie too often because I don't think it is fair to a talented actor*ress to be constantly brought back to one role but it is interesting that for all the predictions Nina would start being more Annie-like after the Nelle reveal, it turns out it is "deluding yourself into an alternate reality that you then have to watch crumble" Annie over psycho vengeful Annie that we got.
A good choice too as the former is so much more interesting and CW does it so well. She brought it all on herself and yet looking at what she emotes on her face I really feel sorry for her.

• Members

For me, (and I don't know if this is attributed to the acting or the writing), but prior to Watros it was often difficult for me to differentiate Nina from Ava, as they are both bad girls who are trying to gain sympathy based on romantic pairing (gross over-generalization, but true to my experience as a casual viewer). 

However, I think Watros adds complexity to Nina by playing her loss, both in maturity and experience, over the years she spent in coma.  She seems less unhinged and more damaged, which is really what made this story work for me.  It was as if Nina saw a shared partner in Sonny because they both missed a part of their past, and she was desperate to create a new life for herself.