General Hospital September 2021 Discussion Thread

• Members

Bill Bell managing to stretch by I think what supposed to be something like a mere hour on-screen (before a press conference where Jill might reveal her affair with Jack unless John gives her a slice of Jabot) into an entire week of actually tense and suspenseful episodes will stay with me as a masterpiece of the genre.

• Replies 488
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

9-7

RME. Of course, Carly would be happy about all this. 

While I don't like this Carly thing since I was into the Jason/Britt thang, I do like that beats are getting played. Right now, it's the Monice vs Carly talk. But I loved the bachelor and bachelorette party (mmmmm Brando). And there's that Novak jerk again. And I am trying to figure out why this Dante/Jason talk is here...which feels like it could be more...layed? (mob/cop, Sam, Sonny tension which they are discussing now, etc)

Oooh so this is the talk between Jordan and TJ some of you were talking about. Yeah...I would say as foreshadowing as I feel all of Jax's talk with Carly over her in the mob has been. So again...I can't help but feel we are watching Jax's exit story as I type. 

Speaking of foreshadowing HA!!!! After being domant for months, the pasta thread FINALLY has come back into play, leading Jax back to Nixon Falls and probably the truth about Sonny. I love when soaps do that. Well played writers.

• Members

I'm really loving Jarly more than I thought I ever could.  LW and Burton are making this work.  

All the ladies looked really beautiful!  The dresses were very nice!  

Hell is going to break loose but because this is in Frank's hands, I fully expect it to fizzle rather quickly.  

Blando and Howarth's current failure of a character were not needed.  Just eyesores.

• Members

She really looks great in that video. 

I'm already bored out of my mind. Can we get a massacre going? Frank is such a buzzkill.

Blando and Austin (get it "Dr. GH") suck. I think it's hilarious to see Howarth stans on social media come to his defense after folks are turning on Austin "well he looks good in a tux". And? Howarth is a popular actor with the cast and crew and seems like a great guy but it's time to cut him loose. We shouldn't even be discussing him having his zillionth role. How many years are we going to waste on trying to make this character happen?

And Maxie/Austin is plot driven and they have NO chemistry. Not that it will stop them. Ironically Howarth and Amanda Setton have some. HELL, Herbst and Easton even have some. Zamprogna and Monaco have some. 

Lisa LoCicero looked fabulous. They dress Kirsten Storms so frumpy. But overall they looked good.

I'm also tired of how they choose to write certain characters, such as Austin. As we all live through Olivia's dislike of him, of course there's the underlying "Olivia's wrong and Austin is just poor misunderstood Dr. GH" and I wish soaps would stop this [!@#$%^&*].

I appreciated we got some Monica and Bobbie (separate, of course; wouldn't want to give them scenes together and a perspective)

Edited by KMan101

• Members

I would take a full circle moment with Carly coming down the stairs in Jason's shirt as Sonny walks in thinking his wife is sitting there waiting while he sat on his ass an entire year and did nothing to find his identity..  A good writer could have a feast with this because it's old school.  

• Members

Exactly. This writes itself. It's SO soapy. But Frank drains the energy and drama out of everything. But we will see. I think the writers do get it (I have questions about Chris) but who knows. Fault still lies with the writers too.

Frank acts like he's scared of there being any *real* drama. He wants to cater some line between all these stanbases or something. It's just so weird.

Edited by KMan101

• Members

He and Josh Griffith have that in common. Just weird, right? I wouldn’t want to go to the other extreme (where B&B and DAYS often go, with zero consequences or character follow-up), but there are so many dramatic opportunities sitting right in front of them that these shows don’t take. 

• Members

It is weird they do LOL. Griffith and Valentini seem to want Hallmark level drama. And there's nothing wrong with that level of drama - I just want more for my soaps than building and building a story and then pulling the rug out in the reveal. It doesn't have to be toxic "everyone hates each other" Phelps energy but gimme something.

And it is interesting how B&B and DAYS seem to blow the chance for some fallout and real drama and go back to "nothing really mattered" let's move on to the next five minute story while Y&R and GH seem to avoid any real drama even when the story is there and writes itself, you know?

I didn't explain that well but I see what you see with them. It's so weird.

Edited by KMan101

• Members

Thanks.

It's just odd. I'm not here for it.

I know GH can and was doing better. This was the same show that had Nikolas bursting in with a sopping wet Ava and revealing he was alive .... also the same show that randomly off'd Dev and Dustin, finally killed off Julian and split up the awful couples they were pushing for years. Did Frank get scared and pull back? 

For drama's sake, I wish they had killed Jordan. But it probably would have had the same impact as her just being randomly sent out of town. It's like they pull back from "going there". 

Edited by KMan101