General Hospital: August 2021 Discussion Thread

• Replies 501
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I genuinely don't think it was the actress.  LM was fine.  Her story was awful.  She got mixed up in that Connie/Kate stuff with Connie's forgettable son Trey.  That was just an overall bad time for the show (worse than usual).  I think the actress just got the brunt of the blame.  LM wasn't amazing or anything, but I don't think the story did her any favors. 

I like LA though.  I always have.  I just don't know why she still looks 13 when she 30.  LA would have been great on a 90210 or One Tree Hill because she genuinely still looks like she's in high school.

Yeah, it seems the show doesn't like LA/Kristina.  I thought LA was good in the Kiefer/abuse storyline and good with Ethan.  That was 10 years and basically the last time Kristina was relevant, but I don't think LA is incapable of playing heavier material.  It's always been strange to me that Kristina is such a non-entity.  

• Members

Lindsey Morgan is one of the top stars on The CW so I doubt she would be coming back to any soap anytime soon. 

Kristina as a character has so much potential that several regimes refuse to delve into whether or not Lexi Ainsworth is in the role or not. She should've been the face of the DOD cult story instead of the afterthought. We should've saw her trying to take control of her life after being rescued from the cult. Either by becoming the Corinthos answer to "Lucky Santangelo" or decided to become a social worker, businesswoman, or employee at the hospital.

I see more of Lexi on Instagram than I have on this show for the past few years. 

• Members

It is such a bizarre waste of Sonny's only grown daughter.  She really has potential.  We were always told how smart she was, but she works at a bar?  Or did?  I don't know what she does now.  She never gets proper love interests, but we can watch Michael and Willow be bland EVERY DAY. 

I love the Lucky Santangelo idea, but I don't think Lexi is up for that task.  I like her, but if she is hindering story than just recast.  I don't think she has that big of a fanbase.   Idk, I could see Kristina as a lawyer maybe.  She can replace Diane, who I have always found to be super irritating.  I know CH/Diane are popular but I hate her bashing Sonny/Jason's lifestyles while openly profiting from said lifestyles.  I love when people call out Jason/Sonny for their crap, but it should be someone who isn't on their payroll.

• Members

I liked today's show. I liked the Sam/Dante scenes and him showing support for her while she tries to figure out if Drew is really alive. I also liked them talking about their children.  I enjoy them together and think this could be a healthy relationship for Sam.

Also, I was glad that Chase finally told Michael/Willow that he knew about their affair. He was understandably angry and I'm glad it's out in the open now. I hope he can move on from her and find happiness and love with someone else. I do think it's something how he kept telling people about Edward's letter, instead of keeping that information mostly to himself, and giving him more of an upper hand.. But that is the good guy trait in him. I think he may actually refuse to give that information to Austin. 

Peter picks right back up where he left and is stirring up trouble. Now he's seen/spoken to Sonny/"Mike" and knows that Nina is aware he's alive and hasn't told anyone. I could see him using that information to blackmail her so she doesn't tell Maxie and others that he's still alive. 

And I like Nurse Chloe. I do think she has a naturalness about her and I like seeing Drew/CM have someone else to interact with besides the guards. I am interested in seeing more of their interaction together & them trying to help each other possibly escape.

Edited by xtr

• Members

Finally getting caught up on the last few days.

This is the teen scene they have been trying to get on this show for Valentini’s entire run.  Spencer and Trina are great, and I like his interactions with Joss and Cam too.

Add me to the chorus of just kill Jax already.

I don’t have the stomach for MB in the same episode as Sonny and Mike.  I just can’t.

Dante is always at his most charming when he is flirting.  It won me over the first time with Lulu back in the day and now he is channeling that smart ass part of his character with Sam.  But I am also so over Sam.  I just don’t care anymore, and it is totally KM’s choices as to why.

The scene with Britt defending Jason and Jax talking about how dangerous he and Sonny are is such a throwback.  This might as well be JFP and Guza (except for all their faults it would be better written and seem less hollow).

I will give it to Frank on one thing- the show does look good, especially since I see the ratings every week and I know the budget crunch these shows are under.  It looks better than it did three years ago when everything had that blue hue everywhere.  Obviously a far cry from the old days but there are times I think it looks better than the last year or so under JFP.

Funny!

Edited by titan1978

• Members

I usually love Britt's wardrobe but that outfit was horrible today. She really did look like a nun.

Carly and Jason keep having the same conversation about the wedding and it's so boring. Remember a couple months ago when we had Jason and Britt and it was fresh and interesting?

Wes Ramsey says he's humbled by the positive responses to his return.

Please register in order to view this content

What positive responses? Though I will say that Peter seeing Nina was at least surprising. Are things finally happening with this story?

Angry Chase Mildew finally confessed and now Chase can be FREE! Free this man of these two! Let him go on the rebound by banging every woman in town.

• Members

Because I am an incorrigible optimist, I will say this: between Drew being alive, Liz/Finn's "guilt", Maxie and the baby secret and now the Nina/Mike thing, there are a lot of directions in which a Peter return can yield good story.
And I shall simply hope someone had a talk with him about his acting choices while he was away although that "positive response" comment doesn't fill me with hope that he used that break to reflect on what went wrong and try to remedy it.
But just like with Austin, I can't undo the decision that was made to bring him back so I am going to wipe the slate clean and give it a chance to work.