General Hospital: August 2021 Discussion Thread

• Replies 501
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Looking back at yesterday with ya'll's comments, I hear what you are saying. 
Playing Devil's advocate though, I would argue that there was no way for the storyline to last much longer without damaging Chase's "good guy" character. He would have to continue the deception around his ability to walk for a long time AND the only way the storyline would become more "dramatic" would be to have his stewing in anger lead him to doing revenge things.
Which is not what we want Chase to be.
So, yeah, the scenes were probably a bit underwhelming and that's on the writers but the fact not much came out of this storyline is probably better long-term for the likeability of Chase's character.
And also, maybe I am too naive, but maybe the writers had picked up on the fact Willow/Michael were not well-received by the audience and kind of wanted to get that out of the way quicker than they had initially intended. That's another theory.

• Members

8-16

So much to be liking. But I have said that all you really need sometimes is Laura.

Please register in order to view this content

There was a bit of a meh feel to last week, but then the writers started to build to the rager and then it kinda found itself again. But darn!!! I was hoping to see more teens. I like the mentions and even understand why not so many, but...darn!!! lol. Still I like that Spencer's return has gotten the teens for the most part as of late acting like teens. Cam and Joss finally getting together. And the slow burn that is Spencer with Trina. And Trina was looking good at the rager. While I expect some gray in the Cam/Joss relationship (the Liz/Carly history can come back into play, as much as I don't want to see it, the Novak/mob threat, college drama), I like they are the goody goody couple for a little while while the real drama and potential is with Spencer and Trina. 

And speaking of...it's finally coming to a head with this stalker storyline. It is great to see it front and center. And tying in Laura and Kevin and a vengeful Nik on his son...tragic but soapy.

Also soapy? Dante/Sam/Drew. Of course, now that Dante and Sam are moving forward....HERE COMES DREW!!!! And wow...DZ was selling those scenes by the pool with KM. He was looking so darn hot and had some swagger. I was like *swoon*. And KM upped her game, too so I was happy to see them kiss. So of course, the phone call!!! Ugh!!! I will try to have an open mind with the recast, but ugh.

Is it wrong that I want this Novak story to end with Jax dead? I like how this whole Carly/Jason engagement has turned into a B story cuz...why not? But I liked that after all of these repeat talks, Jax finally tried to do something. Carly is too smart for that. But it's nice to see a conflict between the two.

And while Sonny in Nixon Falls is currently C story...Lenny dying HURT. The actress playing Phyllis killed that. Strong in front of Sonny and Nina. Losing it when she was alone. She was great. 

• Members

I agree. I was particular intrigued by the reveal that Peter hadn't killed the real Nurse Chloe after all and now it seems she is in captivity with Drew. Also, the identity of the other prisoner will be interesting to find out.

• Members

I do wonder if Carly or Jason will be forced to kill Jax.

Esme has the greatest bitch face. Serving Regina George sweetness with a razor edge.

Wes is still doing too much.  Trying to channel Anthony Hopkins as Hannibal Lecter as well as going in and out of an English accent. “You‘ll do everything in yoooour power to tell me wheere Louise…. …izzzzz.”

It’s parody stuff.

Edited by Faulkner

• Members

I enjoyed today's show overall. Though, I don't care for Peter and his theatrics and Willow saying stuff that probably made Chase hurt even more. Chase did end up taking things in stride and the good guy in him didn't give Austin the letter regarding Edward's possible intentions about changing his will. Though, Michael ended up giving it over.

And regarding Peter, I figured he would blackmail Nina about knowing Sonny/"Mike" is alive and he also threatened to take James. It looks like he will be hanging out in Nixon Falls for a bit while he gets Nina to help him do some of his dirty work for him.

I thought that Sonny/Phyllis had nice scenes where they were talking about love. I really enjoy Joyce Guy as Phyllis and I think she has nice friendship chemistry with Sonny and Nina. I would like to see her stick around after Sonny gets his memories back.

And I was glad to see Trina/Spencer interact again. Esme is something and is already starting stuff, lol. Like Calling Trina "Treen" and telling Trina that she knows she has a crush on Spencer. I do think she could end up being entertaining at least a for bit before she goes completely off the deep end. Spencer kept looking at Trina and expressed his admiration for her.  But Esme seems focused on whatever plan she wants them to continue to make Ava suffer. I do wonder if she personally has a problem with Ava for some reason and wants her to pay for her own reasons. Esme doesn't seem that threatened by Spencer and Trina's relationship right now, maybe she feels that Spencer may not be into her as much as he really is. And maybe she feels like she has a strong enough hold on him, that she can keep him at least for now. I am interested in seeing how this storyline plays out. 

And I thought it was interesting how Carly was all but cutting Jax out of her life, except for when they absolutely had to interact for Joss's sake. She really doesn't want to have much to do with Jax right now after she caught him recording her. I think they will continue to clash and Jax may do some more drastic measures to try and keep Joss safe, get Carly to change her mind about how her lifestyle is affecting things. 

• Members

Valentin looked sexy wearing that baby bjorn (or whatever they're called). Fatherhood is a great look on him. I used to hate Valentin but the character has done a total 180 now that he's out of Nina's orbit.

Esme constantly saying "Spence" and now "Treen" is so grating, but I guess that's the point. Lol, Esme is yammering on about something and Spencer is just looking at Trina like the heart eyes emoji. He doesn't look interested in his sister Esme at all. Ah, Esme's claws are starting to come out now that she suspects Trina likes Spencer. And uh oh, she doesn't like that Trina "knows too much." Trina, sleep with one eye open! Is Spencer going to enroll in college so he can see Trina 

The actress playing Esme seems decent, hopefully she'll be an entertaining psycho when that time inevitably comes. Like Nelle. I couldn't stand her but the actress was great.

Poor Cam having to sit through that dinner with Snarly and Jaxass lol. I love how often they bring up Joss's corn costume.

Wes Ramsey's classically trained acting continues to be awful. He's like a cartoon villain and it's not good. I can't believe they film these scenes and are like, "Yeah, that was good."

Edited by AlexElizabeth

• Members

Im still going with That Esme is Ryan's Daughter. She is upset with Ava for turning in her dad and when Spencer returned Ryan's letter to him, she decided to use him to get Ava back. I doubt Spencer knows that Esme is Ryan's daughter

• Members

https://twitter.com/ghjojo/status/1430624409010724868?s=20https://twitter.com/ghjojo/status/1430624409010724868?s=20

Man he's bad. LOL. Listen to that delivery at the beginning and end of the clip (the voice over bit in the middle is from Steve and Bradford's podcast that they did with Nick Chavez). Seriously, what is he doing?

• Members

He randomly had an accent today in some lines and it was so bizarre. Everything about his delivery is just awful. "You will do everything in your pow-ah to tell me where Louise.................... isssss." Why the long pause before the word "is"? It's an adventure listening to him recite his lines. I can't believe TPTB see this and are like, "Yep, let's air this on TV."

Edited by AlexElizabeth