General Hospital: August 2021 Discussion Thread

• Administrator

I like that they're doing Sprina at a very slow pace (it's classic soap that I love) and that they've brought in someone to meddle with them.  And I like that it was an outsider to the PC teen group, and not someone they've grown up with like Emma.   The actress playing Esme is pretty good too and I hope she sticks around. Trina/Spencer/Esme is the best thing on soaps right now. 

• Replies 501
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I know I saw some people on Twitter wishing that Esme was Emma (or that she'd still somehow turn out to be Emma). I'd rather not have Emma be a car torching psycho, lol. She can come back in a couple years to shake things up though. The GH teen scene has suddenly become the most interesting thing on soaps. The adult characters need to step it up! A kid who's never acted until two months ago and his 18-year-old costars shouldn't be stealing the show, lol. 

• Members

I would assume they are just waiting until BRS is a little older to bring Emma back.   Unlike Spencer, I do think Ron will keep the original actress.   She's 15 now, so maybe in a year or so.   Brooklyn wasn't the best actress, but she was fairly well liked and has turned into a very pretty girl, so I would just guess they will keep her. 

• Members

Haha!  I didn't think she was that bad.  She never bothered me the way NB did as Spencer.  I wouldn't be upset if they decided to recast her, I just don't think the show will.  Or it will be a sexy Emma like they did with Kristina and just go back to the original when it fails.

• Members

There are definitely quite a few villains running around right/posing threats right now on the show. Cyrus is posing a threat to Laura/Martin. (Speaking of Martin he hasn't been shown in a while and now he pops up for like a couple of episodes only to have to leave town for a while. GF must be taking her vacation now.)  Esme has arrived and she may be connected to villainous characters, someone is holding Drew captive and now Peter is revealed to be alive. 

I thought that today's show was okay. I liked seeing Chase and Brook Lynn interact. I wish they would interact more and the show would get the ball moving more on a potential romance between them. Chase is a good guy, though I did like seeing a bit of edge to him today, when he told Brook Lynn that it was his decision whether or not he told Austin about the letter that mentioned that Edward was thinking of changing his will. He's pretty mad at Michael/Willow and may not want to let things go regarding them so easily. Though, maybe he may change his mind regarding the letter, because of his friendship with Brook Lynn. Austin does know he has it now, (due to him leaving a message) but I wonder if he will change his mind about giving it to him. I'm actually a little surprised he told Brook Lynn about it so quickly. 

Speaking of Austin, I wonder if he's going to try and manipulate Leo. It was kind of strange that he insisted he had to see Leo again after he helped treat his cut finger. I wonder what he has up his sleeve regarding him.

Also, I like Maxie and Nina's relationship. I wonder if Nina will also see Peter, and if he will say anything to her. It looks like he's been following Maxie, so I wonder if he knows that Sonny is alive and that Nina knows it. Maybe he will try and blackmail her with that information?

And I wonder what Sam/Dante/Valentin/Anna will discover regarding Drew. Maybe they will find some sort of clues regarding what's going on with him in his file.