General Hospital: August 2021 Discussion Thread

• Members
Posted (edited)

I haven’t watched GH on a daily basis in many many years but Spencer and Trina have sucked me back in. Whoever compared them to an iconic 90s couple is right on - at least they have the potential for that. I haven’t been this excited about a teen soap couple since original Lucky and Liz. I hope the writers take care with them. 

Edited by Nixor

• Replies 501
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, AlexElizabeth said:

Laura and Kevin are not here for Spencer's girlfriend. What's her name? Eczema? Enema? Laura just refers to her as "your friend." Hahaha. They look like siblings and have negative chemistry, but I don't think we're supposed to like them together anyway. Spencer doesn't want to live with Esme. Homeboy knows he'll have to sleep with one eye open if he does that. He was planning on offering her a room at Wyndemere. Was he going to do this before or after he started dating Trina? Booooy. Ha, no more money for Spencer. I really want to see him looking for a townie job. Spencer working at Kelly's with Cam would be funny as hell. They're not wasting any time letting us know that Eczema is cray-cray. She sure knows a LOT about Joss. I wouldn't be at all surprised if Spencer didn't actually tell her all that and she's doing some stalking of her own. And Joss and Cam are already suspicious of her. They might as well have a banner going across the screen that says "Esme is a psycho." She sure seems clingy and obsessed with "Spence" (gag). Spencer, I caught you looking Queen Trina up and down before glancing in Enema's direction. You ain't slick. I want Joss to drag his ass for hurting Trina. She's Carly's daughter, let's put how annoying she is to good use lol. I'm also laughing at the idea that Esme was going to be "sightseeing" in Port Charles. What is there to look at? The docks where everyone gets murdered?

Has Martin always walked with a limp and I just never noticed? Did MEK hurt himself? Why is he hitting on Anna? LOL. She did look fabulous at the pool.

Mike and Nina felt so out of place today. How does the Tan-O stay in business? They're never open. When's the last time they had a customer? Oh lord, Mike has a flashback but thinks it's a vision of the future. I can't. I will say that Maxie showing up at the end was a genuine surprise.

Oh. It's a Mildew day. I enjoy Chase making Wallow feel guilty. Make her suffer, Chase! I LOVED the ending with Brooklynn making herself at home in Chase's wheelchair. Yaaas. Can't wait for their scenes on Monday.

Yeah, Laura was not really there for Esme. She also pointedly mentioned how she hoped that Esme enjoyed sleeping in the guest room the prior night, lol. She doesn't want her living with Spencer. I do think it's amusing that Spencer was talking about offering her a room in Wyndemere. I wonder what Esme's family situation is like. I wonder if her parents are in the picture or what's going on there. Laura did ask Spencer about them today, but we didn't really get much information about her family. I also noticed Spencer looking and smiling at Trina at Kelly, though she acted like he wasn't really there. She was like "See ya, Bye" right after he showed up, lol. 

1 hour ago, Faulkner said:

Her rolling around in that wheelchair was perfection.

I hope we start to get more Brook Lynn and Chase scenes. We really haven't gotten much of them together lately. Chase has been spending more time with Austin. It's time for Chase to confide in Brook Lynn more, including about Michael and Willow's affair and for them to grow closer. Chase deserves some good romance in his life not to be mistreated by Willow and Michael. 

Edited by xtr

• Members

Remember how Spencer on his second day back in town tried to get Trina to go skinny dipping with him and then later at the pool he wanted some “alone time” with her at Wyndemere; before she turned it into the “rager” and all this time he already was with Esme.

• Members
Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, cassadine1991 said:

Remember how Spencer on his second day back in town tried to get Trina to go skinny dipping with him and then later at the pool he wanted some “alone time” with her at Wyndemere; before she turned it into the “rager” and all this time he already was with Esme.

Yeah, I think it will be interesting to find out more about his relationship with Esme. He did mention today that he originally thought she was too "cool" for him. Like he felt he she wouldn't want to be with him. But maybe she found out about his family and that was a big reason why she gravitated towards him. I do think she really cares about him, though I see her becoming really unhinged over him. I wonder how much he may care or cared about her. It does seem like he told her quite a bit about his family. At least about Nikolas and Ava. And maybe he told her the stuff about Joss too & the Corrinthos family business.

Inserting Esme into the mix as Spencer's current girlfriend is an interesting obstacle for Sprina. I think she could have also worked as a ex girlfriend who came to town to try and rekindle things with him. Or even someone who he decided to take a break from. But they have her as a current girlfriend and someone that Spencer is still choosing to be in a relationship with the for the time being. I am interested in seeing how everything plays out, especially when she starts to notice that him and Trina have feelings for each other. I could actually possibly see her befriending Trina in the meantime, which could make things even more complicated. 

Edited by xtr

• Members
20 hours ago, cassadine1991 said:

I have a theory that there could be a relation between them

1 minute ago, xtr said:

Yeah, I think it will be interesting to find out more about his relationship with Esme. He did mention today that he originally thought she was too "cool" for him. Like he felt he she wouldn't want to be with him. But maybe she found out about his family and that was a big reason why she gravitated towards him. I do think she really cares about him, though I see her becoming really unhinged over him. I wonder how much he may care or cared about her. It does seem like he told her quite a bit about his family. At least about Nikolas and Ava. And maybe he told her the stuff about Joss too & the Corrinthos family business.

Inserting Esme into the mix is an interesting obstacle for Sprina. I think she could have worked as a ex girlfriend who also came to town to try and rekindle things with him. Or even someone who he decided to take a break from. But they have her as a current girlfriend and someone that Spencer is still choosing to be in a relationship with the for the time being. I am interested in seeing how everything plays out, especially when she starts to notice that him and Trina have feelings for each other. I could actually possibly see her befriending Trina in the meantime, which could make things even more complicated. 

• Members
8 hours ago, John said:

I like her too

Speaking of contracts Nicholas Chavez said he has a 3 year contract. The actress playing Esme, Avery Pohl is recurring

Per Today's end credits, Avery Kristen Pohl is contract.

• Members
Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, jcar03 said:

Per Today's end credits, Avery Kristen Pohl is contract.

Ewwwwwww. Hopefully a really short contract 

How many contract characters can this show have? Lordy. 

Edited by AlexElizabeth

• Members
48 minutes ago, AlexElizabeth said:

Ewwwwwww. Hopefully a really short contract 

How many contract characters can this show have? Lordy. 

Yeah having a contract doesnt equal job security I feel on soaps that the recurring cast sometimes has more job security than most of the contract cast

• Members
31 minutes ago, Liberty City said:

Ugh. Ingo Rademacher is on his anti-vaxx B.S. on Instgram today promoting a "no vaccine passport" rally in Santa Monica. If Disney-ABC enforces their policy, he'll be OUT. Please, oh please.

These rallies and protests often lead to violence (one in LA last week led to stabbings and multiple assaults), and are stocked with the likes of the Proud Boys. It tells you a lot about modern soaps that his bosses will turn a blind eye. 

• Members

They could can Ingo and just reuse old Jax scenes and nobody would even notice. He's been having the same one scene with Carly about Josslyn's safety for months now. Or he could just disappear without an explanation... I doubt anyone would notice that either, since it would affect nothing!

• Members
12 hours ago, DRW50 said:

These rallies and protests often lead to violence (one in LA last week led to stabbings and multiple assaults), and are stocked with the likes of the Proud Boys. It tells you a lot about modern soaps that his bosses will turn a blind eye. 

It baffles me. Roseanne Barr made the comments she made on social media and within 24 hours she was fired, and her show was cancelled. Ingo Rademacher says what he says (especially concerning the January 6 attacks) and they do nothing?

• Members

Ingo finally got himself trending on Twitter, but not because anyone cares about Jaxass.  If GH wants us to believe that this current mob war is so dangerous, there needs to be a casualty. I nominate Jax. The fallout of his death would create far more drama than him being on the show ever does.