General Hospital: August 2021 Discussion Thread

• Members

It was great. I'm definitely looking forward to tomorrow's scenes. I hope they aren't interrupted again,  but they might be lol. 

I'm not sure if that kiss was intentionally supposed to be awkward, given they had just had a very stressful, dangerous event happen to them & because they were best friends that were starting to have feelings for each other. I'm not sure. But Cam/Trina did act like they felt awkward after it happened. I thought that her kiss with Dev was a better kiss, though he wasn't into her. Hopefully, the one with Spencer will be good. They have great chemistry and they both are into each other. Plus Nicholas is a little older and maybe that will help, especially if Spencer is the one that initiates the kiss.  

Edited by xtr

• Replies 501
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I am starting to wonder if this "Nurse" went to school with Spencer. If I were writing it They did and she was into him. So doing this to Ava she feels is helping Spencer. She tells Spencer and he tells her to stop 

She then turns psycho on him & Spencer must reveal all 

Edited by John

• Members

I kind of like that Nikolas is being awful.  The problem is that I don’t trust these writers or the show to delve into it deeper.  He has reasons for his skewed parental behavior.

He was abandoned by his mother and indoctrinated against her as a child, and his father was “murdered” by his mother’s low class husband Luke.

He was raised a Cassadine by Stefan and Helena.

Shortly after finding his mother, his relationship with her was in turmoil again when she faked her death.  Then he finds out he’s been lied to his whole life and Stefan is his father (then he wasn’t again).  

All his family experiences are incredibly dysfunctional- Cassandines, Spencers, and Quartermaines.  His child’s mother died and the baby was taken away from him.  He faked his death and was gone for years.  Spencer would be lucky to not be messed up, and Nikolas is equally broken and has no normal relationship patterns to fall back on.

• Members

I have seen some other folks speculate elsewhere something like this could be going on as well. Maybe she is someone he knows and she is interested in him romantically. She does look relatively young (though she still could be a little older than him.) I do think she set Ava's car on fire, and she did it as soon as she heard that people were on Spencer's trail regarding the stalking.

I am starting to wonder if he really did any of the stalking, because we never really saw him do most of it. And there is at least one way him throwing away the boots with the fake blood/him showing up at the gallery could be explained away. (He could have been investigating the real stalker, and threw away the boots so that he wouldn't be wrongfully accused of the stalking. Plus, he didn't want people to know he was in town yet). He does care about Nikolas and maybe was worried about his safety, especially given what had happened with Valentin. 

He may have really been worried that someone was going to hurt Nikolas again and he showed up in town to investigate after he heard what was going on with Ava. Maybe the nurse even told him about the cockroach (because maybe she planted it). I never thought he was in cahoots with Ryan and he really seemed terrified when he thought that Ryan had contacted him at the party. He could be a red herring regarding the stalking.

But we were lead to believe it could be him because of his disdain for Ava and how he tried to manipulate her from staying away from Nikolas. But maybe that's all he's guilty of regarding that. Even the GH twitter accounts are trying to make it sound like Spencer could be innocent with recent posts they've made. So maybe he is innocent and the creepy nurse is behind everything. 

Edited by xtr

• Members

I can't take Nikolas seriously when he's wearing that Party City cape. I LOVED Spencer dragging him. Regardless of if Spencer is guilty or not, he read Nikolas like a book! Ava comes first for Nik, and Nik is trash for bringing up Courtney to try to guilt Spencer. Nick Chavez slayed in these scenes today! Awesome work from Genie too. I really appreciated Kevin preventing Sprina from getting interrupted by Laura. Too bad he couldn't keep Cameron's azz out of there!

Please register in order to view this content

Nik is trash but I did love his line to Carly, "I'm not going to take parenting lessons from you of all people, or do you want to discuss why Josslyn had a bodyguard tonight?" LMAO!

All we've heard the past two months is "we have to present a united front!!!" ... and then Carly doesn't go to the five families meeting. Just Jason in his t-shirt. This five families stuff is always so awful, though I do enjoy Ms. Wu. Especially since she wants Carly eliminated. But this stuff was so boring in comparison to all the Wyndemere drama.

Sooo Drew has been held captive for like two years and is just now trying to escape... okay. I know he had a lot of haters here but I'd be way more interested if it was Billy Miller. His Drew had great chemistry with Sam. Plus I always loved the nicknames everyone here had for him, like Thriller Filler Killer Griller Miller.  LOL at these "flashbacks" with CamMat as Drew. I really need it to be a new day in Port Charles so Sam can get out of that burlap sack.

I'm just gonna say it every single day. They SPARKLE. The looks. Trina has got to know that he likes her. He's not exactly subtle. I loved the "friends, budssss" comment. You could tell Spencer was amused by Trina saying they're friends. Trina, just let this cute rich prince spoil you. I love how they both promptly dismissed Cam and told him that his presence wasn't necessary. Like, Trina is staying and Spencer will make sure she gets home safe, BYE! These two are just killing me with how close they're standing to each other. I need that kiss tomorrow! Spencer, Trina, and Sprina all trended today. The internet might break when that kiss finally happens Y'all are gonna have to check on me. I can't believe how much I'm loving them.

Nick Chavez and Sydney Mikayla must be exhausted because they are *carrying* this teen scene on their backs. I mean really, does anyone care about Cam and Joss?

Sprina in tomorrow's preview got me like

This boy is a smooth talker I'm also looking forward to the girl's night out with the hospital gals.

She knows Drew doesn't look like her real-life boyfriend anymore.

This is his first acting job! I don't know if anyone here ever listens to Steve Burton and Bradford Anderson's podcast, but they had him on the one they posted today. Basically his background is that he did some high school theater stuff and liked it, so he applied to performing arts schools (like Julliard, who didn't want him, because let's face it, he's no Wes Ramsey) and ended up going to one and majored in acting, but dropped out after the second year. He moved back in with his parents and had just been working at a car dealership (while working on audition tapes) until being cast on GH. I think it's cool that he's really just a normal guy who landed an acting gig. He's doing great and he was also very polite on the podcast. I really like him.

• Members

They're even giving Ava and Portia lots of time together, making Portia acutely aware of how the stalking incidents are affecting Ava. So when the time comes for whatever Spencer's role in the stalking is exposed, Portia's opposition to Sprina will seem organic and absolutely reasonable.

• Members

I'm just waiting for Portia and Ava to hang out and get drinks or something some time and run into Trina and Spencer. Portia is the one person who was introduced to Spencer as "Victor," so imagine Ava's surprise when Portia calls him that... 

Edited by AlexElizabeth

• Members

And he went right back to focusing on Ava and trying to call Ava again instead of trying to figure out more how to repair his relationship with his son. Spencer's life might have to be in danger for real to be the wakeup call that Nikolas needs to put him first for a change. 

And Sprina really do love to get close to each other.   Tomorrow might be their best chance for a kiss anytime soon. I think that beginning next week the show will start focusing on other storylines again, so they may not on be that much for a couple of weeks. 

Yeah it's interesting that Portia is the only person who saw and met Spencer as "Victor" (who people have mostly stopped asking about). I don't think she's ever met him as "Spencer" (definitely not onscreen) especially since her and Trina have been a bit on the outs. I wonder how she will react to what happened at Nikolas party and if she will want to "meet" Spencer. Maybe Trina/Spencer will try and say that Victor is a family nickname that he goes by sometimes, as a cover. Though, if they do that they run the risk of her possibly mentioning it to Ava, especially since they are starting to bond more. Portia will find out at some point that Victor is Spencer though, especially since Trina is getting closer to him. 

Edited by xtr

• Members

That's an excellent point.
I initially thought these conversations were about driving home the "softening" of the Ava character (and her now multiple female friendships) about which I am ambivalent but I had not picked up on how these conversations could shape story on the Portia/Trina side later. It makes total sense and it is indeed smart writing.

• Members

I shouldn't complain because by the end of the week they'll have been on for 9 or 10 consecutive episodes, but I'm gonna be so bored when there's finally an episode that they're not in.  If they're going to give other people airtime (how dare they lol), then they need to give us that kiss tomorrow. 

• Members

I'm not sure. If she sees/meets him anytime soon, I do think that maybe him and Trina might try and cover by saying Victor is a nickname of his. Though, I do think that might come up at some point with her and Ava. I'm not sure how long they might or could realistically postpone Portia meeting him as Spencer. She will hear and want to know more about him after the ordeal at the party. And they are getting closer and closer. I don't know how much longer Trina can really hide that truth about him especially if they agree to start dating sooner than later. 

Hopefully we get that kiss tomorrow.  That would be a good way to tide over fans until they start interacting more together again. Which I think might not really be until like a couple of weeks.  If not, I'm not sure when we might get it. They may try to drag it out longer, for even more of a slow burn. 

Edited by xtr