General Hospital: August 2021 Discussion Thread

• Members

Spencer's "rager"

Please register in order to view this content

The photo booth was silly but cute. At least we got to see them actually partaking in some sort of party activity for a second. Does Spencer have a bouncer granting the kids their VIP access into the house? And we're actually seeing Josslyn's much-talked-about bodyguard. I was hoping we'd see the hot Devon guy that Joss likes. Tony's not bad though. LOL

Trina: "That DJ was tight!" LOL... have GH's scriptwriters actually talked to a teenager at any point in the last couple decades? Nobody has said "tight" in years. Maybe tomorrow Trina will say that the fireworks are "groovy." Not that I'm super in touch with today's youth, but I do believe more current slang would be describing the DJ as "lit." These actors are 18, why don't the writers just ask them how the kids talk nowadays

This MFer really told Cameron that his outfit wasn't good enough. Sweetie, you're wearing gray sweats and a hoodie. You look like you're going to the gym. Or is that "solstice chic"?

Is that Kool-Aid? What is that blue stuff they're drinking? Why is there no alcohol at this rager?

Spencer and Trina are really sitting on the couch talking about Portia. LOL. I knew it. Why are they all hanging out inside when the party is outside?

Me when the random nurse showed up:

Sprina at the end Oh my GOSH. My babies. I love it. I watched it like ten times. Y'all are gonna have to come check on me when they actually kiss or become a couple. LOL

If Nik is the masked man and is doing all of this to Spencer, holy hell. Obviously Spencer is wrong for whatever his role in the stalking has been, but Nik can't just talk to him in private? He really has to terrorize a bunch of teens? Looks like Laura and Kevin show up at Wyndemere tomorrow, so party is over already LOL.

Jax/Carly is truly just the same scene on repeat at this point. I laughed when Carly said, "How many times are we going to have this conversation?" AMEN. A-freaking-men. OMG, they're on again tomorrow having these same scenes. Lord.

Why is Sam still wearing that burlap sack? She and Dante are cute. I wish they would've developed them more before throwing Drew into the mix.

Sasha and Brando are making their weekly appearance tomorrow. I really hope Gladys busts into the room during the ultrasound

Edited by AlexElizabeth

• Replies 501
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

It looks like it's a pure cane sugar soda like Jones. Spencer was drinking the blue drink out of a glass bottle like this on Friday's show:

Jones Blue Bubblegum 12oz glass.jpeg

Nikolas really is out of line if he's the one running around with the mask. He's doing something that is terrifying to the teens, including two of them who were kidnapped and threatened not too long ago. Plus, if it's him, I don't like how he's going around with a knife. That could really spook Spencer who got that call from Ryan, and could be fearful someone wants to kill him/them if he saw Nikolas with the knife. Speaking of Ryan I wonder if that was really him on the phone, I'm guessing it was. I hope Nikolas didn't have anything to do with their phone call, or somehow faked Ryan's voice. Then again there was also that message on the floor of Wyndemere, and maybe it was Nik who put that there. It looks like Nikolas really could be going too far with his actions towards Spencer. 

I think that the masked person is him. Though, maybe there is a small chance it might be someone else, with Nik still lurking around. I do think that Nik will be the one grabbing Spencer.

I also wonder if we will get a Sprina kiss this week. They were so romantic today and I loved the looks he was giving her :

Image  Image

I could see Nikolas interrupting them almost kissing tomorrow. (Maybe they almost kiss on the Turret, but Nikolas makes some noise and they end up going back inside) But maybe they still might share one later on this week.

Edited by xtr

• Members

I have been wrong before (insert your own joke here) but my sense is that, when a soap bangs us over the head with a particular conversation over and over, it means it is going to be a plot point later.
So I would assume something *is* going to happen to Josslyn. Maybe she is the one who is going to end up taking the brunt of whatever whoever (the nurse?) has planned for Ava? Just speculating but this would be my guess as to why they are being so repetitive.

• Members

I wonder if Jax may end up doing something drastic to try and protect Joss. And/or if this he keeps having these conversations with Carly so that he can be kept at odds with her (and Jason) for the time being. I can understand his concern for Joss, though it also feels like he doesn't have much to do right now. And that might be why he keeps having these arguments with Carly. They need to find more for him to do. 

Edited by xtr

• Members

Jax's concern for Josslyn is totally justified, but it's literally his only character trait at this point. All he does is have the same scene with Carly over and over again about Josslyn's safety. He really has nothing else to do and adds nothing to the canvas anymore. He could go back to Australia tomorrow and it would affect nothing. 

• Members

I am ambivalent because I really don't want it to lead anywhere but are they really going to play that one-night stand with Britt like they did her ONS with Julian and just play it for two days and then move on without any consequences for story?

One of the reasons I am so angry at IR for turning out to be such a ... person in real life is that I, for years, have found myself nodding at almost his stances re: Carly, Jason, Sonny, Josslyn, even Nina. He is the most reasonable of them all! 
I can't find any enjoyment out of it anymore now that I know what I know but there was once a time where I would have defended keeping him around even without story just because he provided a nice level-headed foil to the whole mafia boosterism.

• Members

I am not sure where that idea comes from (and I am dubious) but I'd be into it, despite how insane the rewrite would be.
They certainly got a LOT of drama for Ava out of her death but as an Ava/MW fan I am all for her having as much family as possible AND that love/hate mother/daughter relationship was actually interesting.
And Kiki could throw a wringer into the Michael/Willow snoozefest so why not? As long as they don't throw her Nikolas' way, because we have been there, done that

I don't think it is Kiki, mind you but fun to speculate about.

• Members

Id buy her as Kiki's Twin who Ava forgot or Ryan's Daughter

I dont think Spencer had anything to do with the car. Nikolas was stupid for his plan but I hope Spencer is busted soon for his part in this stalking

This "Nurse" element just gives me flashbacks of that sister of Kiefer's that we never knew about who wanted to Kill Alexis for causing her brother's death but ending up getting killed herself in the process