General Hospital: August 2021 Discussion Thread

• Members

Well, it is a teen storyline, so there's probably gonna be partner swapping at one point or another. It's what they do after that is what's up in the air.

I'm cautiously optimistic. This is probably the teen storyline that Frank's wanted to do for years, which he failed at miserably with TJ/Molly/Rafe/Felix's random sister. But he finally has a talented cast of young people to work with, so we'll see what happens.

• Replies 501
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Well, we can look to Frank’s own history and see if he has learned any lessons.  Because OLTL should have kept Evangeline back in the day and didn’t (yes, I’m still pissed).  I would hope that in 2021 they would not be as stupid.  And truthfully, they have kept Curtis in the mix, he’s in a solid B story now, and the show has more Black people than ever before.  Trina is easily who you build the next gen around, not Joss.

• Members

I'd rather keep Lenny and see Sonny finally croak. Sigh. lol. We should be keeping both of them. Someone Lenny's age is needed. We already have Stella too. Now Phyllis. Both can exist of course but where's the patriarch? Taggert? LOL

• Members

Yes please. But we can't have nice things.

Would love to see her at GH.

I knew Lenny wouldn't make it from the start, siiiigh. They immediately mentioned he had a heart condition so his days were numbered from the start. I'm disappointed for sure though. I wish they reversed course and kept him. Rif Hutton is good. All this for Mo Benard emmy bait?

• Members

Because I am slow-witted... Am I reading between the lines correctly that when she says "all" her co-stars, LW is implying she is not happy with the criticism of SB and IR, right?

I do find it funny that she endured what I imagine was a torrent of bile towards her boyfriend when he was on the show but now is when the negativity is too much.

• Members

I'm enjoying the scenes with the teens but I can't with this "rager" of Spencer's. There's LED lights, a dance floor, a DJ, a photobooth... but it's all outside, meaning we won't actually see any of it. The guests who are supposedly coming will also be outside since they don't have the special *VIP bracelets* that grant them access to the house, meaning we won't see them either. This party is literally just going to be the four kids hanging out at Wyndemere. Even in Monday's preview it's just Spencer and Trina sitting on the couch and Cam/Joss out on the parapet. This isn't a party LOL.

I did laugh out loud when the girls left the room to go change and Spencer very seriously asked Cam, "Do you need to change too?" LMAO. Oh, apparently there's a strict "solstice chic" dress code. What?

Please register in order to view this content

He even had an outfit picked out for Cam. Does Spencer realize that he's wearing a hoodie and sweats? He's dressed the worst out of anyone. Or does "solstice chic" mean looking like you're homeless?

Sprina When Trina is in the room, Spencer doesn't even seem to remember that Cam and Joss exist. He just looks like the heart eyes emoji the whole time I just love that he's all about Trina. When the girls left to go change, he literally followed them out of the room so he could watch Trina walk away. They are soooo cute.

So, after Jason found out about Joey Novak approaching Josslyn, the first person he worried about was... Britt. Not his kids. Not their mothers. They get no warning about the Novaks. LOL. He just makes a beeline to Britt's office. I love Jason/Britt, but man Jason really looks awful. I'm assuming that the Novaks will eventually do something to Britt, otherwise there probably wasn't much of a reason to show Jason warning her about potentially being approached by them.

Lenny I wasn't expecting him to die so soon. I feel silly but I'll admit that I got a little choked up, especially by Phyllis's reaction. They're just nice people and a nice couple. I was hoping that Lenny would live and that he and Phyllis would eventually relocate to PC and take over Charlie's or something, that way they could still pop up now and then, or that Sonny would thank them by making sure they're financially set for life. Poor Phyllis! I did laugh at Mo's hair being gray in his scenes as "Mike" but not so much in his scenes as Sonny, ha.

Sam's skirt was fugly! I did think the scenes with her and Dante at the end were cute though.

I'm not gonna drag Burton for having COVID. I don't know his vaccination status. He could've contracted it despite being vaccinated. It can and does happen. Maybe he's vaccinated, maybe he isn't. Tbh I figured he was simply because he had the big love scene with Britt a couple months ago. But unless he actually confirms it one way or the other, we don't know.

Edited by AlexElizabeth