Jump to content
Announcement: New Memberships Suspended

General Hospital: August 2021 Discussion Thread


Recommended Posts

  • Members
Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, KMan101 said:

And how much better would Chase/Austin be if this were Lucas instead? Of course not ...

For real. It would be so much better, even though we don't have Ryan Carnes anymore. Austin has zero connection to Chase, Michael, and Willow and his involvement feels so random. With Lucas, there's the added element of his connection to Wiley and it would make sense for him to be involved in their lives. Yet the show pretends that he doesn't exist.

Speaking of characters we never see... they really trotted Felix out for the first time in half a year just so he could prop Willow. Seriously? Those scenes were so unnecessary. Does Felix even know Willow? Nobody cares about her being a student nurse. When is she going to die like the rest of Michael's girlfriends? Chase telling Willow that he didn't have a good day at physical therapy... ha. Make her miserable, Chase!

I am here for Spencer and Trina being on pretty much daily. I love love love them. They are so sparkly and cute. They are hands down the best part of the show right now for me (since Jason/Britt are being kept apart by mob nonsense, lol). The actors are just adorable and have great chemistry. Even though I'm sick of the teens having no life outside of their parents, I do love seeing Spencer and Trina bond over their family drama. I loved when Spencer said he wants to throw a party that's worthy of Trina and she just rolled her eyes and was like "oh please." I also enjoy how Spencer is a completely different person in his scenes with Trina compared with everyone else (especially Nik and Ava). With Trina he's so smiley and happy and fun. He's just angry with everyone else. Trina brings out the best in him

So Nik knows that Spencer is involved in the stalking and is going to do something to expose him. This will do wonders for your relationship with your son, Nik.

Edited by AlexElizabeth
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 501
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Members
Posted (edited)

I enjoyed today's show. I thought that the Spencer scenes with Laura, Nikolas and Kevin were interesting. I like seeing him interact with Laura again and I thought it was interesting how he had animosity towards Kevin regarding actions he made due to Ryan. Things were a bit tense between the two of them but Spencer ultimately acted like he wanted to put that behind him for Laura's sake. Also, Laura and Kevin (inadvertently) tried to block him from throwing that party by offering to stay with him while Nikolas was away. and he was trying to find a way to get them out of the house. Nikolas ended up helping him out with that by telling Kevin/Laura he could stay home by himself. It definitely seems like Nikolas will be setting him up at his party.

Also, it was nice seeing Spencer interact with Britt again. They really do have a nice relationship. I was a little surprised he actually invited her to his party, though she didn't accept. And nice to see her pointing out the "kick me" sign at the party and him thinking of spending time with Trina at the pool. Speaking of Trina, I also enjoyed his scenes with her. I enjoyed him speaking French to her on the telephone. And it did seem after Trina talked with Ava today, she wanted to make peace with Portia. But she did catch Portia/Curtis in a close moment at the hospital when she arrived to talk and seemed upset.

I also didn't mind Scott/Leisl today. They seem to get each other, lol. 

And I didn't care for the way Carly was acting like Jason could take the place of Sonny as a "Daddy" to Donna. And it was something when Donna called him "Daddy", lol. But Jason does like to act like a father to other people's kids. He likes to be more of a father to them than his own kids. 

Edited by xtr
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
Posted (edited)

The Jason/Carly scenes were so odd today. I don't really understand what they're trying to do with them. Carly seems like she wants the marriage to be more than it is while Jason looks suicidal. Donna, who apparently still exists and has been SORASed, calling Jason "daddy" was a big WTF moment. Have we ever seen these two interact, lol. I did appreciate Jason's face when it happened though. You could tell he was just like, "Somebody please shoot me and get me out of this situation with Carly." Then Carly really asked if he's okay with Donna calling him daddy??? And she seemed upset when he said that she should learn to call him Jason??? WTF. I did love that Jason didn't hesitate and was like, "Hell nah, that's Sonny's spawn, NOT mine." I really hate how they try to make it sound like Jason is some amazing father to Carly's kids... give me a break, this man is a total deadbeat and doesn't even see or mention his own children! He will spend time with everyone's kids but his own. He is an awful father and no amount of dialogue can convince me otherwise. This whole Jarly storyline is whack.

I'm totally sold on Scotty and Leisl. They're just fun. I loved their flirting/dirty talk at the pool, complete with makeout session where her hat fell off! Britt's face was priceless. Scotty's totally got his groove back and I love it. I need more. They look so happy, I could watch them at the pool all day. I also enjoyed Leisl telling Britt that she "destroyed" Jason and that he would've gotten her killed faster than any disease. LMAO! Scotty, Leisl, and Britt are all just FUN!

I also loved the surprise Spencer/Britt interaction. I know he loves her but I had to laugh at Spencer inviting this almost-40-year-old doctor to his teen "rager." Really? Oh, but she might meet someone I appreciated that Britt was like, "I don't want to hang out with Gen Z kids and I'm not going to date an 18 year old." The party would probably be a lot more exciting if she came but come on.

I laughed at Spencer having Nikolas's bags packed for him and basically pushing him out the door. He needs to get the castle ready for Trina Spencer and Trina continue to be the best part of the show, even when it's just a phone call or a flashback. Spencer totally loved that Trina pulled the "kick me" prank on him and it was adorable. I just love them.

I enjoyed the Ava/Trina scenes too. Ava looked awesome and she's right - kids don't need to know every detail of their parent's relationships. I wonder how Ava will feel about Trina/Spencer.

Edited by AlexElizabeth
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
1 hour ago, AlexElizabeth said:

The Jason/Carly scenes were so odd today. I don't really understand what they're trying to do with them. Carly seems like she wants the marriage to be more than it is while Jason looks suicidal. Donna, who apparently still exists and has been SORASed, calling Jason "daddy" was a big WTF moment. Have we ever seen these two interact, lol. I did appreciate Jason's face when it happened though. You could tell he was just like, "Somebody please shoot me and get me out of this situation with Carly." Then Carly really asked if he's okay with Donna calling him daddy??? And she seemed upset when he said that she should learn to call him Jason??? WTF. I did love that Jason didn't hesitate and was like, "Hell nah, that's Sonny's spawn, NOT mine." I really hate how they try to make it sound like Jason is some amazing father to Carly's kids... give me a break, this man is a total deadbeat and doesn't even see or mention his own children! He will spend time with everyone's kids but his own. He is an awful father and no amount of dialogue can convince me otherwise. This whole Jarly storyline is whack.

 

The thing I like about this is that I think it is intended to set the stage for real bitter tensions between Jason and Sonny when he comes back (took over my wife, my business, my kids!) and as someone who dislikes those characters and that codependent relationship steeped in violence at the expense of others, I might have some schadenfreude-type enjoyment out of seeing them at each other's throats for a while

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
22 minutes ago, FrenchBug82 said:

The thing I like about this is that I think it is intended to set the stage for real bitter tensions between Jason and Sonny when he comes back (took over my wife, my business, my kids!) and as someone who dislikes those characters and that codependent relationship steeped in violence at the expense of others, I might have some schadenfreude-type enjoyment out of seeing them at each other's throats for a while

It would actually be very fitting as a callback to when Sonny slept with Carly and Jason 'lost' the Michael/Carly family he made or stole from AJ.  But I know Jason will be like it's all yours take it back please the minute Sonny comes back because that's just the way the weird relationship has always worked.  I am not really wanting a Carly/Jason romance, but that's probably where the show should go for the most emotional impact and fallout because why go there at all if you aren't going to go all the way?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, carolineg said:

It would actually be very fitting as a callback to when Sonny slept with Carly and Jason 'lost' the Michael/Carly family he made or stole from AJ.  But I know Jason will be like it's all yours take it back please the minute Sonny comes back because that's just the way the weird relationship has always worked.  I am not really wanting a Carly/Jason romance, but that's probably where the show should go for the most emotional impact and fallout because why go there at all if you aren't going to go all the way?

Indeed but that's why I think they are setting things up like her calling him Daddy: specifically because Jason would/will give it all back in a heartbeat and they can't quite go there with Carly and Jason as they are (rightfully) investing in the Britt pairing.
So they need to set up small character beats that can fester resentment even if Jason bows out easily and gracefully. Imagine Sonny hearing Donna calling Jason "Daddy" after he is back: that is a good trigger for him to start resenting Jason and some actually decent material for MB in a "I have lost a year and my daughter forgot about me" Emmy reel scene kind of way. Add in maybe Carly having admitted feelings for Jason and even if Jason rejects all that and stays loyal you can easily imagine with a man with Sonny's ego slowly stewing as he becomes jealous and irritated of the small reminders of what almost happened in his absence.
I mean, it is all classic soap and that is something I give huge kudos to the current writers that they have been doing extremely well for the past 18 months so I figure this is where they are going - and where they should go because it is wringing good psychological drama out of nonsense campy soap storylines like back from the dead!

Edited by FrenchBug82
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members

Carly has wanted Jason for virtually all of their adult lives. She has never gotten over him, excepting a brief period where Guza almost evolved her past him when Sarah was still in the role. She would go back in a split second.

I'd be amazed if Steve allows Jason to bed Carly again. He has vetoed that for decades.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members

I am SO NOT surprised some of the GH actors are unvaccinated and of course we can all bet on a few names.
I am curious who of the people she is specifically working with it could be though or if she meant in general.
 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
6 hours ago, victoria foxton said:

 

Please register in order to view this content

 

She called them TF out! Haha. Good on her, though. Why should she have to be at-risk because people are not doing the right thing.

5 hours ago, FrenchBug82 said:

I am SO NOT surprised some of the GH actors are unvaccinated and of course we can all bet on a few names.
I am curious who of the people she is specifically working with it could be though or if she meant in general.

I can think of two or three right off the top of my head. I'm pretty sure she meant in-general, because, in thinking about who she has been working directly with, she has been pretty interactive with them, and I don't think she would be if they were not following protocol, though, I think one of them might be a name to add to the list.

If Disney extends its policy on vaccinations to its television productions, I have a feeling we could be seeing some cast cuts from General Hospital this fall.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
7 hours ago, Vee said:

Carly has wanted Jason for virtually all of their adult lives. She has never gotten over him, excepting a brief period where Guza almost evolved her past him when Sarah was still in the role. She would go back in a split second.

I'd be amazed if Steve allows Jason to bed Carly again. He has vetoed that for decades.

Agree with all this.  They used to tease it out even- during the PC hotel fire didn’t they kiss in a romantic way?  It always goes nowhere because Steve is adamantly against Jason being in love with Carly.  Which for me made the scenes of his feeling betrayal at S/C hooking up ridiculous back then.

Of course, he has less power now, and seems to be just going to work and not as invested IMO.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
8 hours ago, FrenchBug82 said:

The thing I like about this is that I think it is intended to set the stage for real bitter tensions between Jason and Sonny when he comes back (took over my wife, my business, my kids!) and as someone who dislikes those characters and that codependent relationship steeped in violence at the expense of others, I might have some schadenfreude-type enjoyment out of seeing them at each other's throats for a while

I'm starting to think that when Sonny is revealed to be alive and well, it's not going to be all rainbows and butterflies. Who knows how long the writers plan on having Sonny remain an amnesiac, and secondly you're right Frenchbug, despite how well intentioned Jason/Carly were with this arranged marriage, I can see Sonny resenting the two, whether he regains his memory or not. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
58 minutes ago, MichaelGL said:

despite how well intentioned Jason/Carly were with this arranged marriage, I can see Sonny resenting the two, whether he regains his memory or not. 

But... but... this is what Sonny would have wanted!  Isn't that what we hear every day? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
2 minutes ago, AlexElizabeth said:

But... but... this is what Sonny would have wanted!  Isn't that what we hear every day? 

Whatever I think of these characters, this is what makes it potentially good soap: no one is technically wrong in this scenario and everyone just tried to make the best of it and it STILL leads to hurting each other and messing up.
C/J genuinely think that this is what Sonny would have wanted and maybe it would have been what he said what he wanted if he had been asked in a vacuum. But once you live it and SEE it when you are alive, it feels completely different and while you may rationally think it was not a betrayal, it would be human to become jealous and paranoid and end up resentful. And inversely characters placed in an impossible position might end up resenting him for being angry at them that they did what they could when he disappeared. It is unfair and it easily snowballs from there.
That's what soaps do best because that's life: when a story is powerful because there is no good or evil. Just flawed people trying to make the best out of the stuff Life throws at them and having to handle the fallout.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy