General Hospital: August 2021 Discussion Thread

• Members

Well, that week of August 2-7 really was the business!!!

I loved that it was really headlined by two main storylines. The Jordan/Curtis/Portia triangle really drove that week. And I finally saw Portia vs Stella. GROWN@#$ WOMAN Indeed!!! I liked how while the driving force was the triangle, that it really twinkled down into all these different layers. You have Stella and the letter. You have Trina overhearding and then it created a situation that drew her and Spencer closer together. You have the idea of how that history could impact the present...have they teased anything about maybe Trina is still Taggert's? And Stella up and had a stroke and the letter about the divorce was lost. In a word MESSY. And so soapy.

The other storyline was the birthday and Chase finding out about Michael/Willow. All I could say was ooooo. I was not bored with it. And it was bond to happen. And finally he is showing some gray while Michael and Willow are just showing how selfish they are. And Austin...well I see RH has taken up WR mantel of using 'the creepy voice.' Yeeeeeah NO. Other than his little Iago act with Chase that he's doing, he's the only false note in this leg of the story. Though on the other hand, him knowing about all of the Michael/Willow/Chase, this could be the undoing of the Quartermaines. THANK MICHAEL!!!

I liked that for the most part, these two storylines made it through the week...well, Michael/Willow/Chase did, Stella with Curtis/Jordan/Portia vanished by Friday...even as they threw in Carly/Jason/the Novaks. While do I feel like this could be Jax's exit story. They really seem to be having Jax and Carly talk about the danger of the Novaks and now we had that one following around Cameron/Joss.

OTHER THINGS...

I totally forgot that Spencer and Cameron were related...so THANK LAURA!!! I loved seeing her with Spencer and see her with Cameron. 

Not sure how I feel about this Hayden stuff. But...not bored.

Unpopular opinion, but I'm liking the teens act like teens. 

And KELLY!!!!!

8-11

Oh, you thought I was done.

Please register in order to view this content

So Ryan and Spencer might be working together?

And now Nik suspects that Spencer is the stalker...right in time for the rager?

Well...I have liked that last week the stalker was really moving (along with Trina/Spencer) as a great B story. And it seems like it is slowly but surely becoming the A story this week. About time! The stalker storyline has been going on for months. 

Heheh...Scott and Lisel.

And that reminds me...I hope this is not the end of Terry v Britt. I don't want her to fade away like it seems Lucas has. And oh, Felix is back without that storyline going on. And when is Willow a nurse? Isn't she a teacher?

• Replies 501
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Nicholas Chavez has been terrific since Day One.

I was actually stunned when some said he was “green” in his first appearances, and “nervous” but they’d give him a chance. Huh??? He’s nailed it from his first appearance, always looking as if he belonge and had chemistry with everyone.

If this keeps up, he’ll be gone after his first contract. That kid has talent.

William Lipton (Cam) and Eden McCoy (Joss) really disappear in scenes with Chavez and Sydney Mikayla, and I think it’s apparent they’re not ready for front burner stories. they can’t compare to NC and SM.

• Members

Willow was working as a teacher for the sick kids at GH, but when Cyrus and Britt took over the teaching program was cut so Willow decided to enroll in nursing school. That was nearly a year ago so presumably she's been attending classes off-screen when not wallowing over whether to choose Michael or Chase.

• Members

Oh, just @ me next time since most of your years of posting history is calling out the entire forum and threatening to call their manager when they disagree with you. Be shocked all you like! Call a cop. He's green! But he's got good chemistry with people and charisma and he works in the role. It's not that serious.

• Members

Today's show was another good one with some loaded stuff happening regarding the stalker/sprina storylines. I Think it's interesting that Spencer has a girlfriend named Esme who showed up just as him and Trina were getting closer again and starting to admit they had feelings for each other. She is our romance blocker of the day, lol. She did feel the audience in on some things regarding the stalking. It does sounds like Spencer is guilty of doing some of the stuff, maybe most of it. He however was shocked when she admitted that she burned up Ava's car. Esme is already starting to show she has the ability to become unhinged.

Trina was hurt by learning that Spencer had a girlfriend and Spencer tried to play it off afterwards like he was going to tell everyone about her. No he wasn't lol. He wanted to get with Trina. I do think it's interesting that they are going to have Spencer actually act like Esme's boyfriend and go along with that for the time being. I'm interested in seeing how this impacts his relationship with Trina & when Esme will start figuring out that they have feelings for each other. She actually didn't seem that bothered by Trina today or knew of her. I also thought it was interesting how Spencer moved out of Wyndemere due to Nikolas's antics. I do believe him and Esme will try and live together. 

Also it was nice seeing Bobbie again and the ladies from GH have a night out together. Terry did extend an olive branch towards Britt, who got a colder reception when she approached the staff at the table at the Savoy. Maybe Britt will end up having more civil relationships with them. 

And it was also nice seeing Portia/Trina talk and make amends with each other. At least for now, before maybe the news of Curtis possibly being her father comes out. 

• Members

I definitely think she's going to keep taking things too far and end up freaking him out. I could see him breaking things off with her, after she goes too far again. And all heck breaking loose. Especially if that's around the time she realizes he has feelings for Trina. She didn't seem jealous or threatened by him with Trina today. But maybe she will as she catches them having more close moments together. 

Yeah, Laura is not going for that. I wonder if he's pushes back on that, he technically is a grown man. 

Esme already starting out bringing the mess and the craziness, lol. I think it's interesting that they are going to continue to have Spencer be a boyfriend to her for the time being. Even though he's falling for Trina & him and Trina admitted today that they are interested in each other. Trina seemed upset about him and Esme, though she did a good job of holding her composure in front of them. I wonder if they may add another short term character to this story. Like a college classmate from PCU, that Joss/Cam try & fix her up with to help her get over Spencer. And Spencer sees her interacting with that guy and becomes jealous. 

Edited by xtr