General Hospital: August 2021 Discussion Thread

• Replies 501
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Why would I @ you? LOL  I didn’t remember who made those comments about Nicholas Chavez, so no, I wasn’t thinking about you at all when I said Chavez isn’t green. 

We’re all just giving our opinions here, honey. Try not to be so defensive. As you said, it’s not that serious.

• Members

Exactly Chavez isnt Green. Watching him a month later, I think those first episodes were just nerves. I dunno  how I would handle 30 pages day two. Hell there have been big name hollywood actors (Joan Collins at GL) who couldnt handle it. I think he has done very well. If you listened to the stone cold & Jackal podcast, Chavez gives all his credit to his High school & College acting classes & productions

He seems like a humble down to earth guy

• Members

So do I on Mathison. Maybe if ABC Daytime hadn't shoved certain stars down our throats for a decade I'd have a different attitude. 

They are electric together. I LOVE the twist of Esme, too. However, the casting is a bit too Willow/Nelle for me. I like her though. I'd already take her over Willow (don't even get me started on how she's now a nurse).

I loved the scenes of Britt on the outside looking in as the nurses and Terry had a good ole time together. LOL. It was a bit too much of Britt but I get what they're going for and Thiebaud sold it very well.

I feel like the writing is all over the place with Jason and Carly. As well as how they're trying to sell Jason and Britt. Lord a whole 'nother month until these fools get married? The show is clearly dragging this out for the sake of dragging it out and they're not even trying to make the stakes high or interesting.

Can we keep Ms. Wu? 

I'm just thrilled it's a nutcase and someone outside of the 'four' lol. They've needed some real conflict and a [!@#$%^&*] stirrer. I've wanted them to branch out and have more than each other as friends. I mean, we can get a dozen extras for Nixon Falls parties but we can't get teens at a rager? lol 

Edited by KMan101

• Members

They do. It's just laughable that Jason is still a mob enforcer at this point in his life. And Carly the valley soccer mom doesn't work as a badass mob bitch. Sarah Brown/Tamara Braun could pull it off.

Ms. Wu needs a son or daughter going after Josslyn/Cameron.

• Members

I was wondering that too LOL. I like Monaco fine when she's interested, but she can turn on a dime and be so checked out. Korman-Hartley just has so much ... energy. But she has perked up and has chemistry with Zamprogna. IMO. I didn't expect them to but they do. It is a little odd how they seem to have no interest in addressing Lulu. It's just "well she's not well so move on!" LMAO. Gotta love soaps. I guess Drew came first.

• Members

They better use Nick Chavez well while they have him because this dude is onto bigger and better things once that contract is up 

Please register in order to view this content

He has a blurb in one of the mags this week where he gushes about my girl Kelly Thiebaud. I love him lol.

Edited by AlexElizabeth

• Members

After todays episode it is obvious that Spencer cannot stand Esme

It looks by Monday's preview that Laura may have to go into Hiding as Genie Francis takes her summer  break from GH

Im guessing something to do with Cyrus

Im gonna miss Genie while she is on break. She is the Heart of this show. Hopefully she is back in a few months

Edited by John

• Members

I like how proper and respectful Spencer is around Laura. (I also think he looks good with tucked in shirt look). She is one of the few people he actually respects and tries to act in line for. She wasn't feeling him possibly living with Esme and shut that down, lol. Spencer did say that he wasn't trying to live with her either, but did want to find her a place to stay. He's saying he's going to try and make it on his own and Laura brought up that might be hard without access to the Cassadine wealth. She then brought up him asking Cam to put in a good work for him at Kelly's. Spencer wasn't feeling that, lol. I do wonder how he will try and support himself if he tries to separate himself even more from Nikolas.

Esme rubbed Joss the wrong way today and Cam wasn't too fond of her either. Trina is actually the nicest person to her, lol. I could see Esme/Trina becoming friendlier with each other & I think it will be interesting to see how that plays out. Though a potential friendship with them may not last very long, once Esme sees that Spencer/Trina have feelings for each other. Speaking of Trina they were looking at each other today but not talking. Trina got out of Kelly's quick after Spencer showed up:

She is hurt by his actions/him having a girlfriend and really doesn't want to be around him right now. I am interested in seeing them have their first talk about the party and Esme.

Also, regarding Esme, I think it's interesting that Spencer said he didn't think he was "cool" enough to be her boyfriend at first. Maybe she kind of zeroed in on him due to his connections & wealth. Though, I also think she does have genuine feelings for him. I wonder who else she might be connected to on the canvas.

Also, Nina and Sonny continue to have nice chemistry together, while Michael and Willow do not. I do not like how they are treating Chase. Though, now Brooklyn has discovered he can walk and I am interested in seeing what he says to her about that. I wonder if he will actually tell her that Michael and Willow are cheating. 

• Members

Laura and Kevin are not here for Spencer's girlfriend. What's her name? Eczema? Enema?

Please register in order to view this content

Laura just refers to her as "your friend." Hahaha. They look like siblings and have negative chemistry, but I don't think we're supposed to like them together anyway. Spencer doesn't want to live with Esme. Homeboy knows he'll have to sleep with one eye open if he does that. He was planning on offering her a room at Wyndemere. Was he going to do this before or after he started dating Trina? Booooy. Ha, no more money for Spencer. I really want to see him looking for a townie job. Spencer working at Kelly's with Cam would be funny as hell. They're not wasting any time letting us know that Eczema is cray-cray. She sure knows a LOT about Joss. I wouldn't be at all surprised if Spencer didn't actually tell her all that and she's doing some stalking of her own. And Joss and Cam are already suspicious of her. They might as well have a banner going across the screen that says "Esme is a psycho." She sure seems clingy and obsessed with "Spence" (gag). Spencer, I caught you looking Queen Trina up and down before glancing in Enema's direction. You ain't slick. I want Joss to drag his ass for hurting Trina. She's Carly's daughter, let's put how annoying she is to good use lol. I'm also laughing at the idea that Esme was going to be "sightseeing" in Port Charles. What is there to look at? The docks where everyone gets murdered?

Has Martin always walked with a limp and I just never noticed? Did MEK hurt himself? Why is he hitting on Anna? LOL. She did look fabulous at the pool.

Mike and Nina felt so out of place today. How does the Tan-O stay in business? They're never open. When's the last time they had a customer? Oh lord, Mike has a flashback but thinks it's a vision of the future. I can't. I will say that Maxie showing up at the end was a genuine surprise.

Oh. It's a Mildew day. I enjoy Chase making Wallow feel guilty. Make her suffer, Chase! I LOVED the ending with Brooklynn making herself at home in Chase's wheelchair. Yaaas. Can't wait for their scenes on Monday.