General Hospital: August 2021 Discussion Thread

• Replies 501
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I would say that Carly and Jason were the least interesting part of today's show and during really what has been a really good week for GH. I don't think they have any chemistry or that their MOC storyline is that interesting. Carly is the only person who thinks that marriage could turn into the real deal. Jason is doing it because he feels he's obligated to do so but he would rather be with Britt. Them going on about their upcoming marriage and the five families is one of the weaker storylines going on right now. 

Edited by xtr

• Members

They've been on the fence about Ava for years bc they want Maura to be able to play a conventional heroine sometimes like on ATWT and I have no patience for it when she starts crying and whining. I feel like even Maura doesn't buy it for Ava so she just camps it up.

• Members

It’s sad because Maura can play a bitch-on-wheels like nobody’s business. I can’t stomach the sniveling frightened little mouse. At least show her with *some* fight. The balance is way off with the character, and it has been for a while, but it’s worse than ever. Maybe because they’re focusing more on Nik’s dark Cassadine side.

• Members

Any time they get Maura whining and crying about her face, her needless kids, you name it, I don't buy it. And I think Maura has always leaned into arch camp (again, what DRW has always called 'Fire Marshall Bill from In Living Color') with Ava, which makes it even more OTT and hard to take seriously. Ava is camp! Ava is evil! Accept it.

• Members

lol. They really aren't doing much of anything with this storyline. Sonny is going to show up at some point but I think he's better off away from them and with Nina. I would have rather they just kept Jason with Britt and had Carly reconnect with Shawn. She had more chemistry in that scene when she saw Shawn at the pool and he grabbed her hand looking at her engagement ring, than she has with Jason. Shawn is another person who has chemistry with pretty much everybody. They could have pushed him Carly's way again. It would have been better than what we are getting with her and Jason, IMO. Jason really looks like he doesn't want to marry her.

• Members

I said the same thing on Twitter about Esme's surname. I said it should've been something like Von Lahnstein or Von Ansetten. Then someone mentioned that Esme could be related to Lord Larry Ashton/Ned/Brook Lynn because he has a half brother name Charles Prince?  

I wished I liked ladies night more but it seemed the nurses were trying to humble Britt and I was like mind your own business. Though I did like the scenes with Britt and Terry at the bar. 

And for Ava she should be channeling her old self by trying to find out who is doing this to her and taking revenge while wrestling with her more grounded self. 

Edited by Forever8

• Members

I am not surprised that Spencer still has a girlfriend. He’s a young, attractive and very rich. I wouldn’t be surprised if he left a horde of young girls heartbroken all over Europe. Spencer knowingly flirting with Trina while being with Esme is nothing new, he’s a guy. He’s probably dated multiple girls at the same time. Gives me Chuck Bass vibes from Gossip Girl minus the rapey attitude 

She’s a bunny boiler

• Members

I think Maura West is fabulous whatever she plays but I fully 100% agree how incredibly un-Ava the writing has been of late - especially since the pairing with Nikolas has taken off.
I realize to keep a character around she has to have likable layers and they had to pull her back a little from her early years where she could have easily been written into a corner, but turning her into a soft damsel in distress ain't it.
Women can have multitudes, writers. You can be a bitch AND a lover.  A go-get-em diva and someone with feelings. Afraid of the stalker and still ready to fight back.

• Members

Yes, @Faulkner Esme is gonna be full on psycho & will be his un-doing on the stalker. Spencer wont be able to control Esme's impluses which already began today

Im getting a vibe that Esme will do something to Trina or because of something Trina will get hurt & Spencer will finally come clean about the stalker. #GH

Edited by John

• Members

It would be so easy to set up Ava’s fear- it’s a soap, show us!  I would have the stalking bring back memories of Kiki, Ryan, and she would be having nightmares about him this whole time.  Couple that with every time she sees Kevin she comes a little bit unglued.  She was unstable before, this would make more sense if she was on the edge instead of scared.

I am 4 episodes away from being caught up, and I have to say that as much as I loved Tyler, MC is great as Nikolas.

• Members

Do we know if Dollar Tree Nelle is on contract or just recurring? Because I'm really not here for watching her scenes with Spencer

Please register in order to view this content

This chick looks so basic. This was an unnecessary twist, so let's wrap this up quickly and have Spencer throw her off the parapet. I still love me some Nick Chavez but Spencer is on my sh!t list right now, ha. So, this chick is obviously crazy and probably a little too attached to Spencer and will do whatever for him. Meanwhile, Spencer is into Trina, but not so much his actual girlfriend. You can see what's coming from a mile away. Discount Nelle will go after Trina eventually, and this is what will finally prompt Spencer to confess. November sweeps, everyone.

The good news is that Great Value Nelle gives Spencer and Trina an actual storyline and drama. Not that I necessarily love this new twist in the storyline, but it means they're not sitting around talking about Portia's love life. They'll get some good, soapy scenes out of this. The alternative is being like Cam and Joss, who are together and happy but have no storyline and just kind of fade into the background in other people's scenes. I'm also kind of happy that Sprina's angst is this random crazy chick and not Joss, which is what I figured would happen. Nobody gives a f*ck about Esme and she's obviously crazy and is not the person Spencer is going to end up with. She's no competition for Trina.

I did love the Sprina scenes before the Nelle wannabe showed up, though this secret girlfriend does kind of kill my enthusiasm about the show right now. Spencer and Esme look like siblings to be honest and it's kind of weird. Poor Trina. I'm not looking forward to Joss telling her "I told you so," but I do hope Joss drags Spencer! I hope everyone drags him. I bet now Spencer will walk around like Jason, constantly looking miserable because he's stuck with crazy and can't be with Trina. I hope Esme makes his life hell, lol. It's time for a cute PCU boy to start making googly eyes at Trina and make Spencer jealous. I want to see Spencer grovel and beg Trina to give him another chance.

LMAO at Spencer... "I was going to tell my friends all about you... right after I got done shoving my tongue down Trina's throat." I can't with this f*ckboi. Also, I want Spencer to go stay with Britt and sleep on her floor or something. Esme can go back to France or wherever the hell she came from.

In other news, Becky Herbst look STUNNING today. Wowza. I hate her. LOL at Britt trying to play nice with everyone. Why are these ladies spending their girl's night out talking about Jason/Carly? WTF? I did like the Terry/Britt scenes.

This Jason/Carly stuff is so boring. It's like the same scene over and over again. At least they set a date finally. "Is any part of this wedding going to be about us?!" HUH? Carly, you're nuts. Jason, take up Ms. Wu's offer to have Carly eliminated!

Laura to Nikolas: "You are a father now." What a weird line. He's been a father for 18 years. They made it sound like Spencer is a newborn or something. LOL at Trina telling Portia that she's a better parent than Nikolas - hardly high praise but still funny.

Edited by AlexElizabeth