General Hospital: August 2021 Discussion Thread

• Members

Ah, Blando's (love that nickname) actor liked it too? lol. Of course. 

I wondered about Coloma too. He doesn't necessarily seem problematic like Ingo does but still. I think Coloma is a Scientologist too, but that's from social media and I haven't really looked into it. I like him as Nikolas but he hasn't completely turned me off like some actors have (yet). Some actors keep their politics and views quiet and just do their job.

Edited by KMan101

• Replies 501
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

ive seen them kiss and Marcus unliked it. Look if he's vaxxed he should keep his job but stop liking other peoples stupid stuff. Yes he may be cool to you on set Marcus but he said stupid stuff & by liking that it could make fans think you feel we are biggots and morons too. Think before liking & re-tweeting

• Members

I am going to cling to the hope that some of the "liking" activity is more Laura-Wright-style "I love my coworkers" stuff without necessarily endorsing the underlying message.

There are people like that - I find them short-sighted and they are enablers but some people genuinely want to be "tolerant" and "supportive" in a genuine if misguided manner.

I am not going to lie: the amount of people in every walk of life - soap, other entertainment fields I am a fan of, show business, my work, my life - that I have been discovering are absolutely selfish trash every day through this covid nightmare is getting to be so dispiriting.
At this stage I would settle for them keeping their mouth shut and being trash in silence - even if that makes me an hypocrite and technically I probably should want to know. 

• Members

Is the rule on set that only vaccinated actors can kiss? It would make sense, and I was just thinking that Cam and Joss have been kissing constantly and how much that has changed from the fake-out kissing we were gettjng pre-vaccines. 

Ingo is an idiot and doesn’t care about the fact that people are being turned away from hospitals and treatments because beds are filled with COVID patients. And it’s a shame because I still like Jax. 

• Members

Short-lived break. We’re baaaack. 

It’s funny: there are moments with Wes where I’m thinking, “Oh just hold that face and don’t do any weird accents or affected line readings… you might actually be good here…” And he predictably ruins it.

Sonny/“Mike” gets to play hero without his mobster baggage.

• Members

I remember enjoying WR on guiding light and just to make sure I wasn’t crazy, I went back and watched some of his scenes with Crystal Chapell. He was great! Very natural and didn’t speak in a stilted unnatural attempt at high theater. I don’t know what’s happened to him over the years, but it’s not good. 

• Members

I got some blowback when I defended him against the "bad actor" monicker a while back but I stand by my idea that if a director actually took the time to direct him and sat him down about those actings choices, he could actually pull it off.
There is something in his brain that tells him that playing a menacing villain has to come with this affected speak and body language (maybe overcompensation from feeling miscast?) but there was only one Charles Keating.
I was so hoping this break would somehow short-circuit his worst habits. But between him, WL, RH it is clear directors are focusing on blocking and not much else in terms of performances.