General Hospital: August 2021 Discussion Thread

• Replies 501
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

That was a really good interview.  I love KMc.  She just seems so real.  It's nice her and MB are friends. 

I wonder who was doing all the drugs in 80's.  And Lol at Tristian getting wasted during lunch and using a teleprompter.

SBu must have been a real ass when he was young.  Vanessa, Kim, and Maurice have all said it basically.   

• Members

I find MB really likable in these videos.  And he admits he was an ass too.  MB goes into more detail about himself and Steve in his book (don't judge me-I read it during quarantine lol)

I have no idea what SBu is like now.  Are we talking about his beliefs?  Or how he treats his co-stars?  I have no doubt MB and SBu have gotten away with a lot of crap, but they both seem mostly well-liked now?  MB seems close to a lot of his current/former co-stars.   I am sure there are people they prefer to work with and it seems like MB/SBu were not nice to SJB or TB when they were Carly, but then Lilly Melgar, Vanessa, Michael Sutton, KMc all seem to love MB and they really don't need to go out of their way to praise him.

SBu doesn't seem as well liked, but I don't think he is disliked.  He had that band with Spinelli, Scott Reeves, and Brandon Barash for awhile.   

IDK, I get the feeling SBu and MB aren't the main problems on the GH set these days lol.

• Members

Yeah that distinction about how he behaves on-set (although he wasn't liked on the YR set) vs who he is.
My point, which is admittedly not coming from a direct experience but nevertheless stands, I think, is that he might indeed be a lot nicer to his co-stars and yet still be an a** as a lot of things he has said and done publicly or to fans have proven over the years (and that's before we even get to his beliefs).
So I was trying to say I wish they would recognize the fact he is better to *them* does not necessarily mean he has changed. 

• Members

Okay.  Gotcha.  I assume MB/SBu are used to being the big dogs on set.  I would think SBu might be a little humbled by the fact they did replace him with a fairly popular recast.  I have no idea why he thought he was hot stuff in the early 90's.  No one even cared about Jason until he was brain damaged.   He's probably just matured a little and acts more professionally.

I have always had an issue with Steve shilling that juice to fans in that MLM scheme, but he seems to be out of that business.  His persona tends to rub me the wrong way.  I do chuckle at the fact he lived with Tara Reid for 2 years in the 90's.

Idk, he's a 50 year old actor in a dying genre.  I assume he's changed his ways a bit.  

• Members

IKR. I felt like that was nothing but a big tease with no follow up. 

I was just coming over here to say that. I do find that since he came back from Y&R that SBu was been greatly humbled. And quite professional versus all the stories I've heard about him being an a-hole, selling that juice, and rubbing all the wrong people the wrong way. He seems more likeable and more likely to have a sense of humor now. 

• Members

Isn’t MB the one who was embroiled in the NLG/IG drama? The set must have a lot of tension right now. 

SBu has always rubbed me the wrong way too, but looking back on it most of what I’ve heard in terms of him being mean to other cast mates involved MB too. They were pretty rude to Jonathan Jackson’s wife Lisa (Hannah) but JJ still seems to be great friends with them so I guess those late 90s days are forgotten. 

• Members

I honestly met SBu several years ago at a place I worked and he was a super nice guy. Very handsome in person.  I have no idea what he's truly like but he was extremely nice to me and my coworkers.  I have met some super rude soap stars in my time working there.

I think Burton was a dick back in the day because he thought he would go on to bigger and better things.  It seems like him and MB have mellowed.

MB is pretty open about being an ass back in the day.