General Hospital: August 2021 Discussion Thread

• Replies 501
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Burton has been obnoxious for a long time to me in a lot of ways, but he was incredibly respectful and complimentary of Leslie Charleson and her long, long history on the show when he had her on his dumb podcast and I was very pleased about that.

• Members

See? People have mentioned he had some NLG drama, but it went over my head so I don't know what he did. Nor do I any desire to go and see it. If it comes up, it comes up. From what I have seem, he's been humbled and not out here being obnoxious like Ingo currently has been doing. And that I can respect since it does not color me watching the show...something I cannot say for Ingo right now.

I do not dislike NLG at all, but she is no saint either. And while she's done a lot of great things over the last few years from speaking up now about vax at work to her putting out facts in terms of politics and our former president, I also remember her getting well deserved backlash from her live tweets during Viola Davis's winning her well deserved award. Sometimes one should not drink and tweet.

We all can make mistakes or be just stupid. 

Totally agree. While not Y&R, GH DEFINITELY could use a lot less a-holes. 

THIS.

• Members

I think the NLG twitter drama with Steve was just her saying people on set were unvaccinated the same day Steve tested positive so she was seemingly implying Steve was one of those people.   And that started the drama.  

I don't really like NLG's personality much, but I do like Alexis.  She's made more than one questionable comment (Viola Davis, John Callahan, etc.).  I don't think she's wrong in this situation though. 

• Members

I want to see more of Shawn. It was nice seeing him again today with Alexis, Sam and Jordan. I hope they give him more to do after he's done trying to figure out what happened with Hayden. It was also nice to see Lucy today and I thought her scenes with Scott were amusing. She was warning him off of Leisl, though I like him and Leisl together. 

Also, I think that Maxie and Austin are actually... interesting, lol. He does seem to be interested in her. I wonder how that will play out.

And it looks like Gladys is stirring up some stuff by saying a bit too much to Vincent Novak. I do wonder if she will get closer to him and he might use some of the stuff she says against Jason/Carly. 

• Members

I think there are times NLG should probably not tweet but for the most part I love her IDGAF attitude.

Meanwhile ...

Mr. Julliard was HIDEOUSLY bad today. My God. What was that coming out of his mouth as he grabbed Nina? God Bless Cynthia Watros for not bursting out laughing in his face.

• Members

Peter's been pretty rough since he's come back. I can't help but laugh at the way that Sonny/"Mike" has been looking at him and mocking him a bit in Nixon Falls. He's too OTT with the way he's talking/acting. It's very unnecessary IMO.

• Members

It is (understandably) rare that actors get to mock a colleague's acting style openly on-screen (Peter Bergman's Jack needling of Eric Braeden's acting ticks is the only other example I can think of off the top of my head) but if one of the upsides of MB being "the star of the show" is that he can get away with doing this one, I am all for it.

But seriously though this is just so excruciating that noone is sitting him down. Unless at this point he is doing it knowingly just to piss the audience off thinking he is "in on the joke". What a disservice to all the great actors doing great work around him though.

• Members

8-20

THIS BITCA.

But I have to say see how good Generation Next is with Spencer back...they are finally bringing in new teens. And while I don't like that looks-while she favors Nelle, I do like that we now have a bad girl in the teen set. And I thought the actress was great, already giving me love to hate vibes and her and Trina already don't like each other. And as a fan, I hated she interrupted the near kiss between Trina and Spencer. And they now have ANOTHER layer of drama to deal with. Who needs Joss and a triangle?

Speaking of bitcas...ENOUGH. This was the first time I found Ava whiny over this stalker stuff? I need Ava to show off her claws again. Because I just don't see Ava being kept away from her daugther without bringing on the pay back? Where is my mob moll who can scheme with the best of them and still land on her feet?

I've said it before, but I'll say it again. I love seeing all the nurses hanging out. And I do mean ALL of them. I hope for more that. Welcome back Epiphany, Amy!!!

Ah! Thank you for jogging my memory. I do vaguely remember that actually. Still...

Yeah, her personality aside, it does not at all bleed over to Alexis surprisingly for me who I've always liked and I liked how they are slooooowly redeeming her character from the black hole they put the character in for soooo long. And I loved her getting into it with Harmony the other day. Sometimes people forget Alexis has claws, too. And it was nice to see that side of her again. 

• Members

GREAT interview, and I have to give it to MB with this podcast series -- it seems very few subjects have been off-limits, and he seems a pretty chill interviewer.

The beauty of this episode, of course, was the undeniable bond which unites KMcC and MB all these years. She was very comfortable talking with him on a whole range of issues. I found the entire interview compelling from beginning to end. She was erudite, grounded and thoughtful in her answers. I found her talk about 'passing' as white (she is half Mexican) especially illuminating; I was hoping Maurice would chime on on that, too.

Also, I very much feel like Robyn was Sonny's true little sis. I know JFP brought generic blonde Courtney (hisss!) on the show to inexplicably be Sonny's half-sister (and Jason's GF), but she wasn't a patch on the Sonny-Robyn connection.

• Members

I don't either -- I think they are at a point where they are grateful for the work/steady paycheck/frontburner status, and are nowadays too exhausted to make constant demands, if that makes any sense. They seem to want quieter, calmer lives. MB especially. It is clear that this podcast series has been a stimulating and positive outlet for him. 

I loved the tea Kimberly was spilling. I get the impression drugs on-set really came to the fore during Gloria Monty's tenures, starting in the late 70s. I think I remember TG making some kind of joke about coke availability at the Kraft services table. Genie Francis had some addiction issues when she was young. And GH and its actors were incredibly popular throughout the 80s and 90s, so I imagine drugs and 'partying' were tolerated by the brass. I read Demi Moore's autobiography recently and she talked about her GH years and her drinking/drug struggles. It wasn't that GH was the cause per se, just that Hollywood as a whole was awash in drugs and it was a given that everybody partook. 

KMcC was guarded about naming names, so I figured it was someone she had been close to. For a second there I did wonder.... Tristan...? Surely not Finola! Then I wondered abt Michael Sutton.

Interesting the point she made about how she and Maurice worked well together because they were so close and alike in many ways, and that she and SBu worked because she was intimidated by him that it made her to step up her acting game with him.

I imagine SBu must have let 20 years of hype and a series of fawning EPs, HWs and network brass go to his head.

• Members

I immediately thought Jack Wagner lol.  I really can't imagine anyone else.  I can see Tristian getting wasted at lunch sometimes though.

I don't think Michael Sutton was doing drugs.  I believe he just basically quit acting and is a club promoter/restaurant owner in LA now and is very successful.  I would assume the partiers of that era were Vanessa Marcil and Sean Kanan, as they both admit to that back in the day. 

I agree about MB.  He has just seemed to have mellowed out and is self aware he wasn't the easiest person to deal with all the time and admits it.  He and Steve had made great livings, had long careers, and provided for their families.  Even if they weren't big time stars that's something to be proud of and they probably accept soaps are it for them. 

• Members

Duh! Of course! I can't believe I forgot Vanessa and Sean Kanan. He was interviewed on MB's vlog not long ago. 

I think at one time in his 20s and 30s, MB was probably jonesing for movies and theatre, like his method actor idols. But as you say, he has now made peace with those dreams.