General Hospital: August 2021 Discussion Thread

• Replies 501
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

All I'm saying is, with all this buildup something BIG better happen at Carly and Jason's wedding. Something that has massive effects on most of the canvas.

He sucks. Definitely one of the most overrated soap actors ever. Plus, the character of Austin in general is just unlikable. 

And count me in on hating the manbun as well 

Please register in order to view this content

Edited by AbcNbc247

• Members

I don’t think I’ve been as irritated by someone’s hair since the worst of Dixie on AMC. And that’s just the tip of the iceberg of what’s annoying about him.

NAC and NLG are great together too. Love the rapport between Spencer and Alexis.

Jax in a body bag. Please.

• Members

No lies here. It better be a damn Red Wedding at this point. So many could go. But they won't. We aren't that lucky. And it would be the wrong people. 

He really is overrated. The mugging for the camera, the lazy appearance ... I just don't see the appeal. And this comes from someone who once loved his Todd Manning. I just can't with him. He keeps getting mis-cast (hi, ATWT) and then they desperately try to make him happen. He's not the catch he was in 1993 or even 2002.

Getting mainstream attention now

Yeah there's way too many kids. I do think they often make the wrong choice when it comes to giving someone a baby (does Sasha need one just because Mattsson was pregnant IRL?) so when an opportunity like Britt/Jax/Jason presents itself, they probably realize they can't take it. If that makes any sense. I'm so burned out on 'baby stories', which is why I appreciate the Brook/Maxie 'switch' so much. Even though it reeks of ultimately being Valentin/Austin/Peter centered.

We'd never be so lucky. But the anvils/setup is absolutely there for it. Jax all 'Josslyn's safety' (when we know Josslyn ain't going anywhere), etc. But we can't have nice things.

• Members

Haha I rest my case!

There was no need at all for a Brando/Sasha baby. Are they even a couple yet? They could have just as easily filmed SM sitting down, or in close up or something while she was pregnant. And I did like them together, it just felt so sudden. And Gladys can just go away 

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

Spencer brought Esme to a prison to meet his aunt for the first time. Is this his idea of a date? LOL. I know Esme being there was 100% a plot point so we could see her with Ryan and it really had nothing to do with her meeting Alexis, but I still had to laugh. I do appreciate that multiple characters have now pointed out to Esme that Spencer has never mentioned her. LOL

During Wednesday's show I kept thinking that Spencer needed his hair trimmed, and someone was reading my mind because he popped up today with a fresh cut. He looked cute. I liked his scenes with Alexis. Lol, Nikolas tried reaching out to Spencer on social media. I really want to see a scene of Nik trying to figure out how to DM Spencer. Esme doesn't seem to like the idea of Spencer forgiving him. Hmm.

I'm glad that they're not wasting any time letting us know that Esme is bad news. As soon as she showed up with Spencer at the prison, I knew they were going to have her interact with Ryan. Now the question is whether she's his daughter or some crazy groupie. I like the Ryan connection as it helps explain why Esme seems more invested in continuing with the stalking than Spencer does. She keeps pushing him to keep going forward with "their plan." It would be cool if she was Ryan's daughter - it would be like she's picking up where her dad left off. I would imagine that Spencer has no clue about her connection to Ryan and won't be thrilled when he finds out. Esme couldn't wait to excuse herself and go see Ryan (and lie about not knowing what locked-in syndrome was). Man, she was all smiles talking to Ryan. She didn't want to leave and can't wait to come back to see him again. Omg, her little wave goodbye to him at the end was so creepy. Why are the teens the best part of the show?

Oh look... Jax and Carly are having the same scene AGAIN. Good god, just kill Jax off already. He's beyond pointless.

This Jason/Carly stuff is SO bad. For months now Jason has been looking absolutely miserable with Carly (not to mention pining over Britt), and suddenly today he's leaning in to kiss her? HUH? And Carly, the one who's seemingly been wanting this marriage to be more (and has been wanting this forever), is the one who pulls away? What! This is such ridiculously bad writing. Jason trying to kiss her came out of absolutely nowhere. Not to mention, NOBODY WANTS JARLY. I do love that this is one thing that is uniting pretty much all viewers -  fans of Jason/Robin, Jason/Sam, Jason/Liz, Jason/Britt, Carly/Sonny, hell even people who just hate them as characters and their various ships all together. Nobody wants to see this. Steve and Laura have zero romantic or sexual chemistry. None. Nada. It is beyond awkward to watch. WTF was with them dancing? This storyline is really awful. At this point I probably would've preferred them doing the predictable who's the daddy story with Britt/Jason/Jax because that would've been a more watchable story for Jason, even though it would've been stupid too. Like, I'm really not sure what I just watched? Today's scenes were so bizarre. It made no sense.

So is Wes Ramsey going to be on every single day now? Because ugh. I can only take so much classically trained acting in one week. "Was that Valen-teeeeeeeen?" Painful. Show, please don't tease me with the idea of Leisl killing Peter...

I feel like they're just trolling us with Howarth at this point by making everything about him as horrible as possible. The manbun is atrocious.

There's no need for Brando and Sasha, lol. The writers clearly aren't interested in them. I don't dislike them or anything, they just don't really serve a purpose or have a story. If we have to keep them for their weekly appearance, I do like having Gladys on with them because she's fun and the actress is great lol.

We better get a "hot boy autumn" for Chase! It's criminal that he looks like THIS and gets no action.

Stop writing him like a monk Chase being the loser in a love triangle (with Michael of all people) in unrealistic even by soap standards! This man oozes sex and should have women beating down his door trying to get with him. Having Chase whine about Mildew is such a waste. Chase should be getting seduced by a femme fatale or something. I would watch the hell out of that.