DAYS: June 2021 Discussion Thread

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I’ll never accept nuClaire either. Just don’t like that actress in the role.

That donut recipe was handed over far too easily to service a storyline that will probably look ridiculous. Allie and Chanel running a bakery? Uh...ok. Talk about random.

And while I’m fine with Chanel being sexually fluid and flirting all over the place, having Allie show interest in her seems like game playing to me, and I don’t like it. Ron couldn’t write stories for gay males but he can do it for gay or bi females? Yeah, right.

• Members

There have been rumors that Isabel Durant(Claire) is no longer on the show. If that is the case, maybe DAYS has recast Claire. I thought of 2 former Y&R actresses who could takeover as Claire. They are Anna Grace Barlow (ex-Zoe) and Bayley Corman, who once filled-in as Summer.

• Members

Durant is just too soap opera bland. She's... ok, but Keegan just had this quirky vibe about her that made Claire stand out. With Durant Claire just fades into the background with the other "good girls".

• Members

Finally caught up on the past week (and still struggling to find the motivation to watch).

Ava and Rafe are boring together. Then again, Rafe is boring with everyone.

I cracked up at Julie saying, "Sorry, not sorry, as the kids say." I love Xander and Julie living under the same roof. I cracked up when Xander said that the living room was "his room" and that the couch is his bed. Do Abigail and JJ not have old bedrooms there that he could use?

Gabi is so insecure about Jake. Everything about these two together leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

Chloe sure looks good for someone who's been tied up and wasting away in the trunk of a car for three days. She still looked good after being shot, too.

Please register in order to view this content

Ben the hero Why did they just sit around chit chatting in a cabin full of smoke? Untie her, go outside, then talk about divorce papers and what not. Silly.

• Members

The whole Jake/Kate romance was clearly a plot device lol. At least it's in character for Kate to pull a stunt like this, so I'm cool with it. I'd have rather she had been playing him all of these months for her own purposes but then started having the hots for him as he dumped her. It's close to that. Sometimes just a little change in the writing could go a long way.

Edited by KMan101

• Members

The fact they are very conspicuously having no clue what to do with him is another sign for me, along with the weirdly rushed and poorly timed way her exit story came about, that LG's Sarah's exit was a last-minute decision/off-screen issue that they had not planned for.

To which I will simply reiterate I hope LG is OK and I am going to cut them some slack on the way Xander has been floating from story to story without landing on anything interesting so far.

• Members

I agree that they probably aren't entirely sure what to do with Xander because of LG's abrupt exit, but honestly I adore Paul Telfor so I'm totally okay with him being involved in everything. He is so fun and is one of the bright spots of the show for me lately.

• Members

Paul Telfer is lucky tptb are hot for him because usually when you abruptly lose your love interest/big story, you languish on the backburner lol.  I like Xander and think he functions really well like this, bbuutt . . . he is problematic af.  He was legitimately psycho until his unexpected romance with Sarah.  Like, it is really disgusting that Nicole hooked up with him after EVERYthing he did to her.  And it wasn't just her; remember everything he did to Eric, Theresa, Chloe, etc?!?  I know they explained that Jack is friends with him (which I love, btw) because Xander didn't know who he was in the warehouse, but he could have done his due diligence . . . and it doesn't excuse why he let everyone in Salem believe everyone there was dead.  Idk, I'm so much more down for overlooking his past then, say, Ben but it is a big ask.

The Horton Home residents have become a really fun crew . . . but it is so implausible that Jack, Julie, Doug, Gwen, and Xander are living together.  Isn't it Jennifer's house?  Why is Jack inviting in all these strays???  Lolol

• Members

Yeah, I get sets are hard to come by on DAYS but Jack inviting Xander and Gwen to live in the Horton house is ridiculous to me. All of them living together is amusing but it feels wrong lol.

In my dream world, JJ, Abby and Jennifer are with an alive Laura in Boston.

It's ironic we got Jack back and now none of his kids or wife are on the canvas. His mother in law is dead. But he's playing daddy to Gwen and Xander. It's like we can't have *both*.