DAYS: June 2021 Discussion Thread

• Members

I think BD aged okay. He was never super hot to me just cute and now he's like middle age cute.  LK does look younger than him though.  She never ages.  I think she might look younger than she did in 1995.

^^^^^Seriously, who can compete with that?  James Scott is nearly perfect looking.  DF is fine, but I am not wowed.  I think facial hair would help. 

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I wasn’t all that impressed by new EJ’s debut but time will tell how he fits in. James Scott was a hit right off the bat with his arrival so the shoes will be hard to fill. It’s a bit awkward we on the cusp of a Lumi reunion and doing fine without him tbh. 

• Members

Xander/PT cracks me up. I loved him all dressed up - complete with a rose in his pocket - waltzing into Basic Black and acting like he works there. He's just fun.

This show needs better triangles - Kate/Jake/Gabi and Philip/Chloe/Brady are zzZzz.

New EJ was okay. It's hard to tell from one episode. I agree that they need to let him be more scruffy looking, but this show loves making good-looking guys not look good.

• Members

This. I am a bit surprised to see many people making definitive statements after one episode.
But then again I really did not like or enjoy JS as EJ - neither the character, not the acting style - so I am not going to be really the best judge. But still... yeesh. Give it time, ya'll, and then you can decide.

• Members

I forgot to mention Kate. I’m all for Kate pulling one over on Gabi anytime but this fake blindness subplot feels like a story JER would have done in 2005 or something lol. Hopefully it doesn’t get dragged out given we just had Lucas pretending to be dying. 

• Members

Totally agree about Philip/Chloe/Brady. Haven't we already seen this story play out a 100 times with these three characters? I sort of feel like the show has a lot of characters that are just played out at this point and need a rest. I could care less about Rafe, Ava, and Nicole. Snoozeville. I love EM as Brady, but I feel like the character needs a break. He just bounces from one woman to the next with no consequences...and it's like...who cares at this point? Chloe is another one that I'm kind of mystified why they keep bringing her back....to be in ANOTHER triangle with Brady? I would rather some of the money for these characters go to bringing back CM as Jennifer and CM as Will as well as bringing in some new blood.

I do miss Suzanne Rogers. Has anyone heard an update about her?

NuEJ I'm still on the fence with. One episode is hard to judge.

• Members

It reminds me of how Hogestyn had that awful haircut for ages until he finally just accepted that his hair was grey. I wonder if BD is in the same situation that he fears that changing his hair will age him.

• Members

I can't believe the show let Drake have that awful mullet looking hair until like 1998.  It was about 10 years outdated when he finally cut it.  I remember thinking back then the least believable thing about Days was not devils it was the fact two women were fighting over a man with that awful haircut. lol  I love his silver fox hair.  He looks so much better.

I am sure BD could get a better cut.  It looks like he has a fair amount of hair, so someone should be able to figure it out.  I guess the one good thing about the EJ recast is he is nowhere near as smoking hot as JS so the Lucas/Sami/EJ triangle is a little more believable.