DAYS: June 2021 Discussion Thread

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I think we all called it to be fair - Rolf is going to have turned out swapping Adrienne / Bonnie's memories for... nefarious reasons. Honestly, if he found Adrienne too boring to write for there's no reason why he couldn't have just added a "fun" element to her instead to kill her off to begin with.

• Members

Obviously that's where it's going.  And honestly, Adrienne was always kinda a wet noodle.  JE cried a lot in all her runs as Adrienne.  I have never liked her at all. 

You know, it just doesn't seem like a Justin thing to do to fall for a doppelgänger.  He seems like a more grounded character than that.  I could see John trying to fall for Hattie if Marlena died or something.  Even Xander or Ben or Brady because they can all be obsessive, but Justin?  Not so much.

I know it's been a difficult time for JE and I am glad she has a job, but neither Bonnie nor Adrienne is needed.  Justin isn't even on enough for a romance to be explored and if they are dead set on this can they cast at least one of their many children to side eye the romance?  Preferably one of the adopted twins who are not related to Claire please?

• Members

Catching up but what exactly does Paulina have planned for Horton Square? Just how terrible are her secret plans? 

I too always figured that Bonnie is going to turn out to be Adrienne after all this time however Justin and Bonnie are barely on so it’s hard to even care about the story. 

• Members

For real. I honestly forgot that they were a thing until they popped up yesterday. I laughed when Justin said "I love you" today. Where in the world did that come from? If they want these two actors paired and are going to have Bonnie act just like Adrienne anyway, just make her Adrienne for real already.

• Members

I thought Paulina was just going to re-name it, but now it almost sounds like she's going to shut everything down and make it like one big box store or something lol.  I am not sure anyone including the writers even know at this point.   Salem might just only have a Target to sit in front of after Paulina is done lol

Edited by carolineg

• Members

Boy, the people in Salem are pretty forgiving. I couldn't stop laughing when police chief Rafe gave supportive relationship counseling to the serial killer who murdered his sister. 

I'm tuning in again this week after taking a few months off, so I'm not sure how I feel about this whole Tripp-Allie-Chanel storyline. (I still like the actress playing Allie a lot, but I'm not sure if she's got much chemistry with either of them). I do like the way the show is at least trying to engage with issues of progressive sexual and gender politics, even if the dialogue is a little clunky. And I also like that they've got James Reynolds in a love story that's getting plenty of airtime; I can't think of many TV shows (or movies) that would treat a 74-year-old black man as a romantic lead in that way. 

• Members

Kate is ridiculously bad at playing a blind person.  She's basically made a dumb screw up with every person she's interacted with.

Why are we wasting Tony and Anna on Kate scenes?  Are these Andre mentions an anvil or something though?

Also, it's clear EJ knows what's going on with Sami/Lucas.  But what I don't get is why John/Marlena wouldn't tell Roman about the Lumi stuff.   He's her father and was concerned.  It's weird they didn't just tell Roman their concerns or what Marlena saw. 

• Members

I mean it really shouldn't matter who Ben killed or when Rafe knew Paige was his sister-the fact he killed more than one person is probably reason enough for Rafe, the police commissioner, to stay away from deep chats with Ben.   But Rafe is dating Ava and talking about how he tried to force Ciara to eat peas-when Ciara was a teenager on screen when Hope/Rafe were together.   So, in conclusion, Rafe is just an overall idiot.