DAYS: June 2021 Discussion Thread

• Members

Yeah that was kinda stupid lol

In real life, I bet Lucas Adams is talented enough to be in a Step Up movie or something lol

Idk maybe I'm wrong but I would never talk to my parents, aunts, etc. about my sex life and there's no way in hell I would want them to talk to me about theirs 

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

lol Austin Reed "super accountant/teacher". I could never see Peck's Austin being an accountant OR teacher. LOL. It's hard to remember but Muldoon's Austin had a personality (and lots of man tears). He boxed, played piano ... I did enjoy Peck's Austin in his returns (2017/2019) as more of an overgrown fratboy with some sarcasm. That worked. LOL. 

And yeah, like I said, Carrie never seemed interested in really anything. I did like her with Hope, Billie, etc. at Titan in the 90s, but Carrie really never had a career path. Shame. I buy her as a lawyer now. I could have seen her becoming a lawyer to take down ruthless companies or something. It's plausible. But I wanted more for her I guess. I still want Christie to settle down and be on the show as Carrie permanently. LOL. Now is a good time.

Edited by KMan101

• Members

I always remember LR's Billie singing while PM's Austin played the piano as basically her entrance and it was weirdly incestuous lol.  I wonder is Austin still plays the piano.

Remember when Carrie was like the HR director of the hospital and botched everything horribly by sleeping with Mike?  Carrie has had a ton of careers too.   CC does fine playing a lawyer, but I guess Austin/Carrie spent their entire time off screen going to school lol.

I love CC and miss Carrie so much.  I would absolutely welcome her and Austin back. 

• Members

Ah I almost did forget about hospital HR. I liked her in that spot. I liked Jennifer there too (as much as I prefer her at the Spectator). Even though both were mostly plot points to pair them with Mike and Daniel, respectively. But it worked. She's had a lot of careers so I guess that's pretty relatable LOL. At least she settled on something lol. 

I'm patiently waiting for Carrie's return. Sigh. It feels like Ron likes writing for her and wants to. Shame too as other regimes didn't, hence her moving out of the country, etc and often being unavailable. 

Edited by KMan101

• Members

I definitely bought the HR stuff at the time, but now I have no idea how she qualified for that position. 

Carrie, Belle, and Sami have always come off very intelligent as far as book smarts.  Eric is a little more hit or miss and Brady seems very dumb.  

Jen at the hospital worked too.  Again, not sure how she was qualified and I agree about the Spectator, but it works best with Jack.

Carrie has always been my favorite out of the 3 Marlena "daughters".  I hope she is able to come back someday.

• Members

It worked but it also was pretty obvious he was just doing ATWT's Brad for which he had gotten SO much better reviews than in his bland-and-stupid first run as Austin.
I think HIS second run worked better than Muldoon's, even if neither resembled either their own first version of Austin or the vague version we had in mind. 

• Members

Well that's probably a good thing in Austin Peck's case.  Because the defining characteristics I have of Austin from his first run is: stupid and looks good shirtless.   At least he was trying his hand at acting the second run(s).  Plus, he aged better than Muldoon.

• Members

So awkward. I would never want to know if someone had sex with one of my parents. Nor would I ever tell my niece if I had sex with her dad, lol. I do appreciate that DAYS uses their older cast and lets two 70+ year old men have scenes where they talk about sex.

I hate seeing people do CPR on TV shows. Gwen's CPR was one of the worst I've ever seen on soaps. No wonder Snyder died. I cracked up at Julie seeing a dead body on her couch and just being like, "What the hell is THAT?" I also laughed at Gwen and Xander watching cartoons.

Allie looked super cute in that purple dress today. I was blown away by how good Tripp's dancing was. Maybe Allie can have an open relationship with Tripp and also be with Chanel or they can be a "throuple" or something. I'm here for it.

• Members

It would have made more soapy sense to make Lani creeped out more and against the relationship if they felt the needed to tell, but she was immediately fine with it.  So it was just a weird thing to bring up.

I liked Gwen and Xander today, not going to lie.

Allie has looked cute two days in a row.  I am so happy she's losing the frumpy accessories.  I thought Tripp/Allie/Chanel were cute.   Tripp is obviously the weakest link in the throuple, but I still thought he was cute and dorky today.

• Members

Yeah when I saw the preview yesterday I assumed the inappropriateness of Paulina saying that was going to be a plot point - either to establish Paulina as having some of kind of motive to float that or create conflict with Lani - but it turns out it was just a weird writing choice.

Yes. It is unfortunate that there seems to be a lot of BTS drama out of his ATWT run that marred the memory of it because his Brad vs his original Austin is one of the largest gap in acting ability/on-screen charisma for the same actor in two different soap roles in almost ever. 

• Members

To be fair, he did get slightly better towards the end of his first run with the Sami wedding stuff and his interactions with Nicole.  And AP was one of the greenest, most wooden actors on the planet, but JER didn't actually give him anymore to do than be the hot mannequin Sami and Carrie fought over.   Then he got to hang out shirtless with Greta in a Virtual Garden of Eden.  No one could make that work lol.  His best moment was running Sami over twice with his car.  HILARIOUS!

• Members

That's when I think the show just gave up on him and figured if his physique is all he has to offer, then let's go full hit on it. It was too bad though because I love JM and Greta.

But I think this was the moment where he actually might have started to make an effort at getting better because for someone who wants to act, good at it or not, this may have been humiliating.

Really wish we had people who know the history of soaps that could get them to do real probing interviews where someone like AP delves deep. I'd actually be interested if he felt comfortable being honest about his journey (and what happened at ATWT, etc.).