DAYS: June 2021 Discussion Thread

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I have a feeling stating it was due to traveling was to glaze over the fact several cast mates were upset over her views (ie: Candance Owens, et al) and, of course, her likely desire to [probably] not follow COVID precautions.

It's clear, to me, she seems to prefer being in Tennessee, any way, with her family and running their coffee shop business.

• Members

I was coming here to comment on the bear as well. I'm sick of Duke! LOL. I love when they let Eli be the voice of the audience and just be like, what's the deal with the bear? I can't believe Eli and Rafe talked about it the whole episode. Loved Eli's idea about putting Duke in the incinerator!

Nicole's green dress is fugly! Tamara Braun looks amazing for 50.

I was not expecting to have scenes where Paulina talked about having a lesbian dream.

I loved watching Jake and Gabi get kicked out of the conference room and leave with their tails between their legs. Bye losers! When Jake came into the mansion and started screaming at Kate, I wanted her to rip off her sunglasses and punch him in the face. They're so mad at Kate for deceiving them, as if they haven't been lying to her this whole time too. Idiots! #TeamKate

• Members

I heard the same.  And yet during the DiMera board meeting stuff (June 24, 25, 28) Peter was mentioned and phoned in his vote.

And they actually had Jake say this:

Writers throwing shade at "nobody ever talks about him for some reason"

• Members

Am I the only one that thinks Cady was terrible as Jennifer. She was great on ATWT, so I was excited to see her join DAYS. I still can't believe she was SO bad. And was quite surprised when I saw so many online praising her. I was like wtf really?

• Members

I still don't understand why the *character* could not even be mentioned.
I mean, not bringing back the actors; fine, I get it. But the character? That'd be a ridiculous thing for them to agree to.
One more reason for her to stay off-the-show.

• Members

I'm slowly getting back into the habit of watching DAYS everyday, and I really liked Monday's episode. It had a nice balance of scenes that moved the plot forward (e.g. all the Dimera Enterprises intrigue) and well-written funny scenes that weren't so plot focused, but involved characters talking about their feelings (Lucas and Sami, Paulina and Abe, Eli teasing Rafe about Nicole and the bear). I'm also interested to see where this tension between Chad and EJ leads, and I love how they're using Tony more in this mix. 

The only parts for me that didn't work involved Ava. I feel like they've defanged Ava too much, too soon. DAYS is a little too in love with this kind of "bad girl gets reformed by the love of a good man" plot, and the "bad girl" often loses all the characteristics that made her interesting in the first place, turning her into a kind of Stepford wife. (Seriously, what does Ava even do all day? Just cook for Rafe?) This happened with Nicole, back when they last paired her with Eric, but I'm relieved she's finally got her edge back. Now they just need to do the same for Ava. Maybe Paulina can hire her to do some shady stuff to the businesses in Horton town square. 

• Members

I *think* the character of Peter could be mentioned, but not in relation to Peter/Jen.  Basically, the Peter/Jen/Jack stuff was just wiped out of Jennifer's history.  With Kristen also off the show, there wasn't a ton of reasons to mention him.  It was just obvious when Jen would recap her history or romantic history and not mention Peter at all.  It's really stupid because I would have never noticed it if Jen mentioned Peter a few times in passing.  It became more noticeable when she went out of her way to avoid it.

Yeah, she can stay gone lol

Did anyone else find Abe and Paulina cringeworthy?  I appreciate Days trying with the sexual fluidity stuff, but the show is making it awkward and clunky.  JR looked embarrassed.  It's just a lot to hear about Paulina's sex dreams...But it's better than talking to a teddy bear.  Thank God, Eli was a voice of reason.  

For someone who cooks Italian all day, Ava sure is skinny.  TB is just playing Carly lite with Ava this time around.  Slightly less weepy than Kim Nero, but without any of her Carly's bite.   BORING....  Didn't Ava briefly date RoboJohn?  I am pretty sure they were sleeping together.  Is not something the show mentions?  Have they even shared scenes?

• Members

Lauren's line that most people are working remotely lately was kind of humourous, but a nice nod to the pandemic.

MTE. James Reynolds looks bored and uninspired in this storyline. I'm sad TPTB dropped the Abe-Valerie pairing, which I thought had great promise. Plus, the potential pairing with Maxine... and didn't they, at one point, tease Abe and Kayla...?

• Members

Yes they teased Abe/Kayla and Abe/Kate. 

I think I liked Abe/Valerie better too.  It's not that I mind an Abe lovestory.  It's just I am not sure I need to see the morning after with Paulina lol.   Since 99% of Abe's romantic stories have played off screen (outside of Lexie), it's weird for this to be on screen and so sexual.   But I am not sure anyone can make that dialogue work.  I always picture Abe as fairly straight laced and that's why Lexie cheated on him so much lol.  So them talking about lesbian dreams is just weird.......

• Members

I don't know if I see what you see - maybe a bit uncomfortable but hey - but I would be VERY surprised if a soap actor veteran in his 70s was complaining he was given a romance and front-burner storyline. I don't think JR is mad at it.