DAYS: June 2021 Discussion Thread

• Members

Thanks. I figured it was something like that.

I always felt crazy Liam from a few years ago should have turned out to be Peter, but Idk, I guess even the mere appearance of the character is too much for Missy and Scott.

Edited by AbcNbc247

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Weren't there also rumors Missy was a bit of a partier and or serial dater before she married him?  And she certainly wasn't as devout?

It has always left a bad taste in my mouth even before Missy's other behavior.  I don't care she had an affair that happens all the time.  I don't care she wanted to save her marriage, but it makes me feel like she basically dictated what she wanted twice.  First by bailing mid-contract then by having say over her story and casting decisions.  I am not saying Peter is necessary, but he has always been a strangely absent character over the years.   

• Members

What's up with EJ always being in pajamas? Let this dude take his shirt off. He looks gorgeous in every picture I've seen of him, especially shirtless. Let him be hot, show! I still like him as the new EJ though.

Being with Rafe has made Ava's character so boring. Not here for a triangle with Nicole. I did like the Nicole/Lucas scenes today though.

Loved the end with Kate voting to remove Jake.

• Members

I agree that it's time to bring back Cady McClain as Jennifer. Forget about Missy Reeves. Cady was fantastic and made me forget that she was even a recast. It's weird that we finally have Jack on the show and being written for, meanwhile his family is all gone. Abigail I get since the actress is on maternity leave, but why is Jennifer still out of town? And I still want JJ to come back in general and also so it can be acknowledged that he wanted to date Gwen who turned out to be his sister, lol.

I don't need deVry on the show, though.

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

Am I the only one who strongly suspects that Missy's exit last year was not about the difficult commute in the times of covid19 but because she didn't want to follow the covid-precautions procedures?
I mean, they are very likely to be anti-maskers, aren't they?

• Members

Maybe?  But I figured it was mostly about the heat she got for her racist views and tweets.  Cast members spoke out against her, so I don't think it would be the best environment for all involved.  Or the show or Ken may have strongly suggested she take a break.

• Members

I don't really follow the DAYS fan/stan paths - I wonder how popular Cady was among the more vocal Jennifer fans, or even how many of those are left. I can't see a lot of the show's remaining fanbase disagreeing with Melissa's views (as soaps have chased away most fans who aren't white and conservative), but I never really heard the type of outcry over the recast (admittedly people knew Cady was always a temp and Melissa was not replaced because of her views) that I know I would have if, say, Hope or Marlena had been recast. 

Edited by DRW50

• Members

I haven't heard a lot of outcry.  A lot of people say it would be better if Missy played this or that, but I think the consensus is Cady did a fine job.  I haven't seen many complaints even from online Jack/Jen stans really.  Just disappointment that Missy wasn't there.  To be fair though, I think Jack/Jen stans are used to this stuff.  Both Jack and Jen have been recast and off and on the show for years now.  I consider Jen important, but not in the league of Marlena or Hope.

I am nowhere near a Jen stan-I can take her or leave her.  I thought Cady did a great job, but a few times I wondered how Missy would play that or felt CM was off on Jennifer's vibe in certain circumstances.