DAYS: June 2021 Discussion Thread

• Members

Wasn't he a huge, huge bible thumper along with Julianne Morris?  I remember a lot of articles about that back in the day and then things went the way they did with him and Terri Conn at ATWT

I didn't like Greta much.  She was cute with JA's Eric and Julianne Morris was delightful, but all Greta ever talked about was finding her father and she never did!   Her coronation was fun as well.

I am not surprised Greta never reappeared, but I am surprised JM never landed on another soap.  She was gorgeous and a likable actress. 

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I'm sold. He holds a presence, which is how the role of EJ should be.

Julie... cannot stand her. Sorry. I know she's a legacy, long-term character, but I've never been sold on her. So her not knowing the difference is just "meh."

It's what happens when you write for the actor and typecast them, instead of creating character and then casting around a character. #BadWriting101

Well, like I said above: it's what happens when you write for an actor, instead of writing for a CHARACTER. Jackée Harry was typecast in the role, much like she is as of late. If they wrote the role with more edge and gravitas, it would work more.

I look at Ptosha Storey, and think she would do well in the role of Paulina.

• Members

Yeah Greta never really worked but it is exactly as you said. JM was delightful and she had lovely chemistry with a bunch of people - I thought the surrogate-mom dynamic with not-Princess-Gina Hope was also interesting - but none of her stories gelled (and some were huge ridiculous stinkers) so I am not surprised she didn't stay on.
She stills looks amazing

• Members

She still looks good.  She does seem to have a lot of botox though.  She's quite a bit older than I thought though.  She's 53.  10 years older than Jensen and only 4 years younger than KA.  She played much younger than that on screen.   I can't think of a time when Greta would ever been useful coming back, but I guess if they don't bring Jennifer back she can hang out with Jack again.  

• Members

They really should have decided on Greta's father but instead we had endless months of Greta thinking Jack was gay. And then she left as B&C were just getting started. Kind of waste looking back. I loved Julianne Morris. Greta was always OK. Potential that was never reached. 

If they made Stefano her father, she'd be too similar to Lexie's role at the time. Making John her father would have worked but even I'm not sure I'd pull the trigger on that one. I'd still go with Stefano. I'd like another DiMera daughter. Chloe could have been at one point too.

• Members

I remember them heavily implying Chloe was Stefano's for a minute there.  And then they went with Craig, which made no sense because why would Nancy hide that all those years?

I really don't like the option of John or Stefano for Greta's dad.  Stefano has way too many kids and Greta was so annoying and cloying with John.  If I had to chose I guess it would be John, but there isn't much drama there.  Marlena might have been slightly irritated, but it was before they met so who cares?  If they wanted to give John more kids it would have been better if they busted out a 1986 Jarlena kid raised by Stefano that was bitter and hate Jarlena.  

Regardless, it was crappy to leave the audience hanging about Greta's parentage when she spent the entire run of her character trying to figure it out.  Perhaps they thought they'd bring her back?

The Jack story was awful but I thought MA and JM had chemistry. 

• Members

I usually can't stand any scene with Rafe, but I did thoroughly enjoy him and Lucas gossiping about EJ and doing impressions of his accent.

Please register in order to view this content

I also enjoyed all the DiMera mentions. "WHO'S BENJY??? The dog?" "Nobody ever talks about Peter for some reason."

• Members

Tbh, I'm surprised that Peter even got out of prison lol I do like that the show is remembering that there are a lot of offscreen relatives to the core families out there somewhere.

And, am I the only who thinks that the extremely handsome Li Shin needs to be used more often? 

Please register in order to view this content

Edited by AbcNbc247