DAYS: June 2021 Discussion Thread

• Members

To be fair, Carrie's hair wasn't outdated, it was just very 90s and seemed to follow every bad trend at the moment. I'm not sure that's on Christie or the hair department though. Hogestyn's was just weirdly out-of-date and pretty much once the mullet trend ended everyone started mocking it because it was so bad.

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

*gasps*

But seriously, I agree with @te.. Cuz 90s was not just the Rachel but there was also the Donna Martin (aka the blonde bob you mentioned) and what I liked to call the Brenda Welsh braids...which Sami was known to have every once in a while. But...all totally 90s.

Meh. Rachel Melvin's hair. lol. 

• Members

Fair.  I was onboard until the weird late 90's stuff.   It just looked greasy and awful, but Drake just looked like he just never got a haircut ever.  There are times he still suffers from that today. 

I always thought Ali had that long ass hair way too long but she was young and it was good hair.

Rachel Melvin's hair is still so funny looking back.  I like a graduated bob like Megan Ward on GH but she was on another level.

• Members

To be fair to Alison, she's always kept fairly timeless styles and not really given into any obvious trends, which has made them age a lot better than the styles Christie was rocking, who were all over the place.

• Members

MBE has been rocking that cut since her GH days.   It's an overall styling thing with her.  Her wardrobe is awful 99% of the time.  The whole package is pretty bad.

AZ is someone else who has always had bad hair.  There were moments when she grew it out a bit where it looked okay, but it's never been good.

I remember being so happy when she cut it off and it was still really long.  My 90's Sami memories mostly consist of her having that long, long braid down her back.  But overall, Ali has been okay with hair.  People like KA, Renee Jones, Eileen Davidson, etc. come out looking fine from the 90's because they stuck to fairly basic styles. 

Missy and Deidre both cut their hair off in the mid-90's and I hated both of their cuts.  Deidre had such nice hair in the cage and then she cut it off and it made her look instantly 20 years older.  It was a real toss up between John/Marlena for worst hair circa 1997. 

Image result for dedire hall short hair

Please register in order to view this content

It's still hard to look at..........

• Members

I am not going to lie when I re-watch Paris, I am like is it so bad Marlena?  Your wardrobe and hair are AMAZING and your golden cage is bigger than my dining room lol!  I loved the ball in Paris where Kristen just straight ignores her lol.  I love John at a freaking guillotine.  It's the difference between soaps then and now.  JER knew this was dumb but knew we knew.  Now things are dumb and they hope we don't notice.

On a different note, I was thought Rachel/the Lady in White was one of the most annoying characters in history.  All she did was moan and wail!!

• Members

I called that they were going to pull Ron's same Gigi/Stacey rewrite from the end of OLTL with this the moment they did it with Judi Evans' characters. I'm just surprised it's taking this long.