DAYS: June 2021 Discussion Thread

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I don't find BD attractive in the slightest so JS is a no brainer in my opinion when it comes to looks. I also feel that Lucas after like 2005 just became Austin-lite, which does his character no favors. Corday and co. also do relatively nothing for Lucas' legacy, and he's a character who is like 30+ years in at this point, but doesn't feel like it. 

As far as JS not making an impact on AMC, he was on as a day player more or less, so I wouldn't expect him to be a main headliner. He did initially make a bit of a splash with his pairings with Kendell and Simone, but once Thorsten Kaye was cast they pretty much stopped writing for Ethan and killed him off pretty swiftly thereafter. The fact that Days made him such a huge soap star just shows that he had potential that AMC didn't realize, which isn't that surprising considering there were other stars casted on AMC that went on to bigger soaps and bigger projects. After a certain point that soap only cared about Greenlee, Ryan, Kendell and Zach. Everyone else was just fitted to fill time until the soap could eventually cycle back to those four. 

Edited by Skin

• Members

That’s fair, considering AMC felt like they could only nurture a handful of actors (Minshew, Mathison, Budig, Kaye). But I never was that into him on DAYS, partially because I found his character so loathsome and not in a fun way. Just wasn’t my bag. Beautiful man, though.

• Members

There was a serial rapist in the 80s so that's probably why Marlena started the group. I think his name was Ian.  It was kind of a gross story. I know Maggie was one of his victims. I found the whole thing disturbing. More disturbing than the serial killer storylines. 

• Members

Or, if one is more unkind, which I am feeling like being because I don't like the way this conversation is going, it is a lot easier to become a big fish when you are in a smaller pond with fewer other big fishes. 

If you get my drift.

• Members

Yes, I think it was right around RoJohn's Pawn introduction.  I remember John being hired as security and some of the attacks but I don't remember Maggie's rape at all.  Serial rape stories are disturbing, but Days tendency to re-use that trope over and over is more disturbing.

• Members

Me neither.  John's shoulder length weirdo mullet is at least something I could fix with scissors.  DH is tall, in good shape and reasonable attractive I just feel like someone should have intervened.  But Christie Clark spent a good portion of the 90's with some of the most questionable haircuts and dye jobs I have ever seen, so there must have been some sorta disconnect in the hair department.

• Members

I love Carrie too, but it was bleached so blond and short and then it became a muddy brown with questionable bangs and layers.   Thank goodness her hair recovered since then.  I wish I could find a better picture, but at this point I thought someone in hair hated her lol

61Ce2RyE0LL._SY291_BO1,204,203,200_QL40_

• Members

You can see the Rachel cut. I mean how more 90s can it get.

I guess ridiculously overdone hair is a signature of American soaps.

One of my favorite unspoken running jokes on the French Canadian parody of American soaps "Le Coeur a ses Raisons" is their valiant efforts to make everyone's hair (read: cheap wigs) as increasingly awful as they possibly can get.

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

I might be judging you a little.  That picture doesn't do it justice.  There were always strange hair clips, weird twisty updos,  episodes where only a wispy bang would appear, I didn't even care about Carrie/Mike.  I just wanted Christie to pull her hair situation together.   lol

Days has a real issue with hair. Rachel Melvin's weirdly highlighted choppy cut was also epically awful.  This isn't peak highlights faze, but what is going on?

Chelseabadhair2