Y&R: Ding Dong This Actor's Gone!

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

He PLAYED himself. The little I saw of the pairing with Traci was horridly bland but a smart actor would have worked it for everything he could and slotted himself comfortably into the Abbott canvas. The best story SSM did was turning him back into a failing con man with ho tendencies and his dumbass went and riled the Lane stans up so he could go back to undressing CK in that ugly Ashby living room. He has been given chance after chance for no reason other than certain viewers fetish for interracial pairings. Lily spent her entire 20s on the show chained to this clown and forced to mother teenagers at 30. The Winters clan had to deal with this bozo taking up all the air in their storylines until they were all finally run off the show and KSJ died. I will never forgive him, the Lame stans and TPTB for forcing this dingo on us all these years. I hope this firing sticks and they kill him off for good.

• Members

What bothers me most about Goddard is that he never came to the defense of Beth Maitland on Twitter or for their storyline. He made a political choice instead of backing up a soap legendary character and a sweet human being. 

His acting choices in the Trane storyline showed he wasn’t invested in it. He wasn’t bad, bu5 he sure didn’t look lik3 he was working to turn their chemistry on. 

I don’t believe DG had any sway with the writers or production, but that he thought he could sway things on camera and by being silent on Twitter about new story.

i mean, the writers give you a new story and a potential romance, and you post pictures of your soap family — all of whom are written out? Huh???

• Members

I saw some comments on Twitter but didn't get it until I saw this:

I had no strong opinion of Cane, or Goddard, until the stunt he pulled with nixing story with Beth Maitland. It was just childish and unprofessional, and I'm glad he paid the price. And the show will not miss him at all. 12 years of great big nothing.

• Members

I've even seen tweets from his fans blaming "Lily" for Cane no longer being viable on the canvas.  Wut?  If not for Lily, Cane would've been tossed out (and should have) after his dalliances with Amber and Chloe were over.  Some folks are delusional.

Some are also trying to deny that the actor himself sabotaged a possible pairing with BM by demanding to see examples of him making disparaging comments--that would be way too direct, DG's behavior has been passive aggressive.  What did they think it meant when he posted pictures of the Ashby family, most of whom were departed and tried to "poll" his followers about how they would feel about reuniting the family? 

CK had already left town to pursue other things and had publicly supported a Traci/Cane pairing.  I'm not the biggest fan of CK's Lily but I do think that this "Lane" pairing has been most unfair to her and I can see why she wanted to break free of it. She, a still relatively young woman, spent some of what should have been her most active years saddled to an actor several years her senior, then teenage children who look more like her younger siblings.  Nothing Young or Restless about that.