Y&R: Ding Dong This Actor's Gone!

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I already said that. He didn't commit to those scenes with Beth, and that's on him. Look, I'm not defending the guy at all. I just reject the notion that these actors talk to TPTB and get their way. If anything, I think execs saw that the Trane stuff wasn't working, and RIGHTLY blamed it on Goddard -- then deciding to switch course and dump his ass.

Social media/Twitter do matter, but I don't believe these shows are hyperventilating and changing things every time Twitter hyperventilates. I do think Twitter can make a difference, as with Mishael Morgan. There was SUSTAINED outcry after she was cut and also a substantial drop in the ratings. Goddard will not cost Y&R any ratings points.

• Members

I do recall something like this being posted, and at the time thinking it could be a lot of actors, lol.

Recently, Instagram has started to curtail access to non-members, so I can't really look it up (which is just as well as I find DG's shirtless pics off-putting) but I really thought he had taken a picture with him heading into a meeting to discuss a script and/or ideas. And he practically bragged that there were some interesting things for his character in the works, lol.

I do remember Beth Maitland's tweets and from what I can recall, she was answering a question that was posed to her by someone on Twitter, so her tweets didn't come out of nowhere.

What's definite is that when Cane/Lane fans were tweeting insults at Traci and some even tagged BM, DG did absolutely nothing to stop it...he didn't even say "hey guys, I love your passion but don't be mean to Beth, she's a great actress and doesn't deserve this".  He never defended her, he let his fanatics go on and on while he posted old photos of "The Ashbys" and asked for fan feedback and comments as to whether they should all be reunited.  What did he think would happen?  I'll tell you what I think...I think he and his fanatics thought they could pressure the show and CK into putting Humpty Dumpty back together again.

Edited by DramatistDreamer