Y&R: Ding Dong This Actor's Gone!

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Desperation, I could understand. Dicopoulos, at least, had an awareness that he is no DeNiro and recognized that he was likely never going to get as plum a gig as he had with GL, so the panic set in. Certainly cringe-worthy and it probably would've been more dignified to keep that to himself, but unless he bad-mouthed or let "fans" bad-mouth his colleagues and stood by and let it happen, I'd be more inclined to overlook it.  Especially since the show had ended by that time.

Perhaps the show might recast the character down-the-line because I have a sneaking suspicion that if they were to bring back CK, the character would just end up with limited romantic possibilities all over again.  And some of these Laners would try to agitate for 'ole boy to make his way back, which would not be good.

Edited by DramatistDreamer

• Members

I got the impression from some Lane fans that it was justified to Lily to just be paired with Cane or any white man was because CK is biracial  who dated/married only white men real life.  I used to partially blame CK for giving them that impression but she had more chemistry and energy with Tyler than anybody else she's been paired with. Lily was a woman in her 20s who was made infertile  and saddled with late teens children who looked like her younger siblings.

Good riddance to DG who wore out his welcome years ago for me.

Edited by sivad40

• Members

CK is biracial but not with white, her mom is African American and her father (who she's not very close with, as I understand) is Pakistani.  Regardless of who she dates, that should have nothing to do with who she is partnered with onscreen.  If she had a problem with it, that's when Y&R should have suggested she seek work elsewhere but I doubt she said anything publicly about her preferences.

Y&R really began to degrade as a show when they began being so bad at writing decent storylines that they were looking to fanbases for help, as well as allowing actors and their social media following sway storyline decisions.  An actor doesn't have to explicity say what they want or don't want, all he/or she has to do is (passive aggressively) retweet, like tweets from fans where TPTB have already been tagged.  Y&R actors have practically perfected this type of passive-aggressive behavior but it, alongside hapless writers, has helped to degrade the show's prospects over time.  From what I'm reading of the episode summaries and spoilers, it seems as if JG doesn't really know what to do with, or how to write for most of the characters on this show.

• Members

For once, I feel sorry for Michelle Stafford.

For years, I would hope that GL would wise up and either kill off Frank or recast (and possibly de-age) him.  However, Frank Dicopoulos knew how the game was played.  All he had to do was the kiss the asses of whoever was in charge at that moment, and his continued status on the show was guaranteed.

Agree.  He served absolutely no purpose after he had been exposed as a fraud.  At the very least, we might have been spared worst-ever performances from Tristan Rogers and Genie Francis, two actors who definitely deserved better treatment from Y&R.

Agree!

Edited by Khan

• Members

And I apologize for being bitchy but how this manipulator controlled the reigns for so long is just the tip of the iceberg. Strutting around all untouchable, not giving other storylines or actors the time of day, phoning it in during scenes. It just pisses me off.

While others, diligent workers and who put in years of tremendous performances regardless of whom they were paired with, were shown the door, this tool continued to use a fanbase to further his ego.