Y&R: Ding Dong This Actor's Gone!

• Members

I think he figured the Laners would somehow save him. They built him and the couple up to some mythical, untouchable figure. Part of me felt bad for the normal fans of the couple, who probably deserved a 'ride into the sunset' moment. The other part of me gave a little chuckle when their final scene together aired -- a few pieces of dialogue that probably could've been written by an intern.

The real final straw for me was bringing Neil and KSJ into it, essentially throwing it out there that without Neil, Cane had no story. No, you could've had a story... sorry your leading lady wasn't a size two, and someone you could do O faces with during your mind-numbing love scenes while posting shirtless, fish face selfies from your dressing room in your free time.

When you cut people down along the way, trying to dictate something that's in the hands of your bosses, it'll catch up to you eventually. 

Peace out, DG.

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

This pushing-50 punk. Posting that pic from 12 fuckin years ago, complete with Bush-era frat-douche hair and $35 pleather! Dude we know you've aged a bit since then.

Look at him name-check Kristoff in order to get the clicks and Winters fans support. Kristoff said a lot of meaningful things over the years, about mental heath, racism, his community and his illustrious career. DG of course gravitates to some nothingburger, bland statement that anybody could have coughed up. A statement as bland as DG's acting choices! Wanna know what Kristoff would say about somebody who refuses to film with a longtime, beloved vet they consider beneath them? He would have taken that twit aside and excoriated him for his arrogance and lack of professionalism.

And now the rumor is he refused to film his final scenes? Who does he think he is, Eric Braeden? Time to start practicing "Would you like fries with that?" in front of the mirror.

• Members

Remember the blind item about someone going to TIIC and asking out of a new pairing?  Then you have DG actively trying to get fans to riot for Lane TWICE on social media!  And Beth's tweet?  

He may not have refused but I do believe he asked for the writers to not pursue the pairing because Trane lasted about a hot minute.

• Members

Oh, I definitely believe that DG was actively maneuvering for alternative stories, in those instances when he thought he had a chance but the idea that he would refuse to film his final scenes that had already been written on his way out when he knows he'd likely be trying to get another job possibly at the same network (someone's been trying to float the rumor that he's being considered for a role on B&B), struck me as oddly out of character considering how incredibly ingratiating (annoyingly so) he has a history of being.  I'm not talking about his clownery in regards to Traci or Victoria, I'm referencing the rumor that he refused to film his final scenes on the show.  If he ever wants to work again on any network, that would be the stupidest thing ever because word gets around and no one, not B&B, not Days, not GH or any of their night time counterparts would want to hire him. 

Still, who really knows what someone might do at the 11th hour? I'd be the very last person to try to vouch for his character.

Edited by DramatistDreamer

• Members

Yesterday was not Cane's final show. He will be on tomorrow's US show interacting with Devon in the penthouse. Chance, Amanda, Elena will also be at the penthouse.

Someone who recaps the Canadian episodes posted screencaps of tomorrow's show:

I think that tomorrow will be his last show.

Edited by xtr

• Members

Say what now .   TWICE , he publically snubbed TPTB and tanked two expected pairings and with great arrogance, thought he would continue onward, bridges already burned.  He quietly sat by and watched his mobilized Laners bash BM  Kinds explains why we  so far aint heard ish from his co stars or seen pics of a goodbye party!