YRBB

Y&R: Ding Dong This Actor's Gone!

Seems that, by fυcking with Beth Maitland's story, dear DG set up his own exit.... Buh Bye!

Edited by YRBB

Thank God! I feel there is a clear direction you could take his character in and make him viable, but the actor is against any love interest that isn't Lily and won't play him as a villain. 

Good riddance! He's lucky theyve kept him as long as they have. 

Just now, BetterForgotten said:

Wait, so God exists!?!? Someone pop open a bottle of champagne for me!

Somewhere, Beth Maitland was laughing with glee! 

She bout to get a new love interest and he's fired!  Poetic justice?

2 minutes ago, BetterForgotten said:

Somewhere, Beth Maitland is laughing with glee! 

SHE'S still around, HE'S fired. Justice. You shoulda taken the pairing when they offered it, boo!

I do feel, too, that the actor cut off his nose to spite his face when he appeared to object to the pairing with BM. It actually had potential and the story could have been a breath of fresh air. But nope! It would have taken his character in a new direction by being involved with the Abbotts. It was obvious thought that without his character's wife, kids, and Jill mostly gone there wasn't a need for the character unless he went into a new direction.

Just now, BetterForgotten said:

I wonder if his pandering on social media had anything to do with it,  or else it took them 13 years to figure out how useless he is!?

Useless and arrogant.  He killed a story/pairing that would have given him something to do until they could put him in a major story again.  When you have outlived your usefulness, you can't pick and choose.  

big mistake. 🤦‍♂️ I don't like him, but when that toxic af fanbase starts kicking and screaming he (and Lily, most likely) will be back eating up more on air screen time than ever before. We've literally already been through this. Should have just kept him on and put him with Phyllis. 😂

The only source of story for him, his family, is gone. Did he really think he was that important that he could dictate/kill story and he'd still be kept around? 

Just now, dio said:

big mistake. 🤦‍♂️ I don't like him, but when that toxic af fanbase starts kicking and screaming he (and Lily, most likely) will be back eating up more on air screen time than ever before. We've literally already been through this. Should have just kept him on and put him with Phyllis. 😂

Nah!  Cane outlived his usefulness and was lucky they wanted him to sit on ice with Tracy.  That wasn't good enough for DG, so in the end, he shot himself in the foot.