Y&R September 2018 Discussion Thread

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I like the history nods, but it always screams that  TPTB are so desperate to prove us wrong on how we think they don't know anything about the show....It's like the damage is done, and it's not like your using the history research to it's full advantage...

I didn't know Bruce was Liz's brother? for some reason I thought he was just a childhood friend of Jennifer's who she slept with....Lorie almost had an affair with her "brother" right?

• Members

Yes Mark was her half brother.

Nowadays.it would be revealed that Mark was not Bruce's son as no paternity is not undone!

Maybe Dina had a fling with young Frenchman Pierre Rouland, who worked at the country club while dreaming of opening his own restaurant in GC.

Or the sleazy Nick Reed,making Jack and Nikki half siblings! But Nikki finds out through Casey that Nick was not her father.

Nikki then goes searching for her real dad.

Or she was slumming it with Bill Foster...

• Members

How many times has Jack stared at that photo? And it took until now to realize there’s a guy in the picture who’s an unknown? What a SUCKFEST.

Charlie visiting Shauna is so damn boring. Someone should tell him to stand up straight. Playing a high school kid doesn’t mean you have to have horrible posture.

Billy and Phyllis. UGH. I like both actors, but sexual heat? There’s none. Zero. Billy with his shirt off is not hot. Even less hot is Billy in black boxer briefs and no shirt. Neither of these two look or act as if they’ve had boring sex, let alone wild sex.

The whole gambling storyline is awful. I want both of them to lose everything and become homeless.

Tessa needs money...lots of money. Yet she’s wearing new gold earrings and a gold necklace and another new outfit. OK then. I want her to die.

• Members

Yes, Bruce Henderson was Liz Henderson Foster Brooks' brother. He  and Jennifer Brooks had also known each other for decades. Unbeknownst to Stuart Brooks, Bruce and Jennifer had had an affair 24 years before, producing Lorie. Bruce and his wife Regina had had a son named Mark Henderson, who fell in love with Lorie after he moved to Genoa City. Mark was impotent, but he and Lorie were passionate about each other and wanted to make a life together. Lorie tried to help cure Mark of his sexual dysfunction. After they were told that they were half brother and sister, Mark fled town. He refused to continue on with the relationship although Lorie was still willing to do so. This was VERY daring for the 1970s! And Jamie Lyn Bauer grew into a fine actress throughout this period.

• Members

He’s a good looking guy but I feel like that’s part of the reason why this show is never gonna let Nick “grow up” he just doesn’t have that mature look about him....Nick and Sharon could have had grandkids but that won’t happen anytime soon..

• Members

in the latest SOD, Peter Bergman is cheering on the Jack's daddy story, saying that at first he was taken aback but then realized how this would affect Jack whose identity has always been so entwined with being an Abbott blah blah blah and what a journey Jack has been taken on and a challenge for him as an ector etc

Peter knows on what side his bread is buttered...

• Members

Instead of another regime change, I just wish Sony would 'add' credible Y&R writers to MY's team. This is really bad that we'd have 3 major changes in 3-4 years.  It's like DAYS, which not coincidentally is a SONY product. Perhaps, they are starting to apply the DAYS budget model to Y&R

Archived