Y&R September 2018 Discussion Thread

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The mistake made with Kyle is having him pine over Summer.

His character should be gay, but since they won’t go there, Kyle should be hitting on and scoring with girls all over Genoa City. 

OK, I’ve already outed myself on here as a Josh Morrow fan. I love the guy’s looks, and I like the way he plays Nick. I've also already said that this new version of Nick is NOT Nick, and that I don’t see this Dark Horse stuff as working.

Now this? Is Josh blackmailing Mal Young? Or does Mal secretly have the hots for JM? I don’t know what Mal sees that we’re not seeing in turning over so much budget and story to Nick 2.0

• Members

Yeah, I'd hate to see Y&R turn into AW-style musical chairs that would damage the show. However I don't think they're are really any credible writers left in daytime. My problem with the TPTB of the show is Mal's vision and desires for the show. But if Sony enjoys the self-destruction so they wash their hands of the show, then who are we? Sony should just sell out their shares to the Bells. 

• Members

That already happened the second(?) time Josh Griffith came back. It's gonna keep happening until they grind the show's budget down completely and cancel it in 5-15 years, unless the post-Moonves CBS dramatically changes its daytime priorities which I don't anticipate happening.

• Members

Mal is used to total creative control but it hasn't worked.  He's not a US daytime soap writer. I don't care what he wrote on BBC channels.  I think at this point if they keep him they may add writers but he will be in control.  I don't think he'd relinquish HW duties unless he was completely removed/fired.

Archived