Y&R September 2018 Discussion Thread

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Holy Sh.it Cane is disgusting. He totally threw Neil under the bus to Devon to try and get him to change his mind. Mind you, I've always thought it was weird no one ever brought up what Neil did to Hilary,  but Cane is certainly not the person to do it.

• Members

I'm tuning in after a month or two away and OMG 

Please register in order to view this content

did budgets drop dramatically while I was gone? I cannot get over how flimsy the sets look and how poor the lighting is, especially during Cane and Lily's 'bedroom' scene at the top of the episode. Was that a broom cupboard in CBS Studio City?

Bryton James was great yesterday and blew everybody out of the water. Everybody else was pretty meh.

• Members

IA with you. It's deeply offensive that a white Aussie is 'leading' the Winters. If Neil is 'unavailable,' then it should without a doubt be power-player moneybags Devon.

There's also something about the way DG plays Cane... like Cane is slow. This gif illustrates what I mean, after he hits Billy.

Image result for Y&R smug cane gifs

Bet Cane Ashby will be the one 'Winters' member left standing on the canvas once they finish dismantling. I have heard no rumors of him leaving or going on recurring.

I read his ridiculous interview. It's embarrassing that he comes from UK soaps where the lighting and some of the outdoor sets are of pretty high quality.

Seriously, I was shocked at how it all looked. In the space of under two months! I mean, I know JFP trashed the Y&R production aesthetic with her shitty generic taste, but it is really noticeable to me Monday's episode that the budget has taken a hit.

• Members

Cane is unpleasant to the extreme. DG darts his eyes as if he's on some junk.

Tessa/CF might have been tolerable if this show had acting coaches or actual directors.

They don't... right? Because, if they do, it speaks volumes of how little they care. It reminds me of Days where, afaik, they're given a script and thrown to the wolves. All it amounts to is a debilitating load of personal tics that no one BTS will shut down.

Archived