Y&R September 2018 Discussion Thread

• Members

Don't get me started on the sets!!

Mal must be on drugs if he thinks the show looks good. The Ashby house is ugly and looks like a leftover from GH circa 1975.

BTW Is anybody living at the Chancellor House? Ridiculous that Billy and Phyllis wouldn't go there.

Where do Ashley and Abby live?

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The Ashby house always looked like an apartment to me. I keep forgetting its supposed to be a house.

Pretty sure Ashley and Abby live at the Abbott mansion. Billy and Phyllis should get their asses over to the Chancellor mansion but how else would be subjected to future wacky hijinks?

Why is this show so obsessed with forcing Summer and Kyle together like there hasn't been enough Newman and Abbott pairings? No version of them has ever had chemistry and they work better as just close friends. 

• Members

The Las Vegas hotel suite where Billy and Phyllis stayed looks like lower end Holiday Inn.

Cheap to the extreme. They don’t get it that a double bed (instead of a king or queen) looks pathetic, and that these small rooms just don’t send a message that these people have money. You mean there’s no room to push these walls out, even a little?

i actually thought Mal did a great job with sets and lighting during his first year, improving noticeably on what we’d been seeing.

The last few months look like the bean counters showed up and cut the budget drastically. With Nick getting new Dark Horse sets, I wonder if other sets will get even worse.

How many fewer tables will we see in Crimson Lights — even as we hear the background track that makes it sound like a packed house? How much smaller will the GCAC get? How much more plastic will we see in the Ashby kitchen and dinette? We didn’t even get the old courtroom set during Lily’s trial, instead getting cheap cardboard walls and chairs pulled from some cafeteria.

We might as well go back to the days when JFP shot 70% of the show at the GCAC.

• Members

Damn. I can't say I always agree with Mr. Braeden, but Victor's office is one of the most iconic sets on the show. What on earth are they thinking? That fireplace, the portrait, even the window Jack chucked the chair out of. How can there be Y&R without that office? This is stunningly shortsighted.

Archived